• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who wants to Learn about Cryptocurrencies First Hand?

Yeah at least Avon does make a couple of legit halfway functional products. If their business model wasn't so skeevy their Skin So Soft Bug Spray would be worth it.
 
Last edited:
Any crypto program is almost certainly going to be flagged as malware. Infecting other people's computers with crypto malware and having them mine crypto unawares for the hacker is a common type of scam in the crypto world. I would be extremely wary of installing any mining software unless you are very, very confident in your tech skills. I wouldn't install it on any device that I wasn't willing to wipe clean if necessary. Unscrupulous crypto people are always looking for ways to foist off hardware and energy expenses that are intrinsic to the crypto model. Don't be a sucker.

My computer skills aren't really that good, I'm not confident I would know if my device was turned into a zombie mining rig by some hacker. I don't want to slander another forum member, but generally I'd be extremely cautious if anyone offered me free money and directed me to some sketchy software to download.

This coin is an uncertain project. If you did the research, you'd already know this. It is currently not traded on any exchanges but it does have a working wallet and working blockchain. The wallet has a built in staking system and a built in miner that can only mine for the wallet owner and only if they choose to turn it on. Hence the reason for choosing this coin as the subject for the experiment. It allows the user to learn how to install, how to stake and how to mine their own crypto.

I also have millions of them which I'm happy to give out 100K each for anyone that wishes to play with cryptocurrency and learn how a wallet works. 100K is quite a nice HODL, though worthless at this time, if this project gets picked back up, the coins could actually be worth something in the future. It has happened many times before.
 
This is like the Brodude version of a MLM Meeting.

This seems less fun than a MLM meeting. At least if you're getting fleeced into buying overpriced shampoo or leggings or whatever there's usually some light refreshments.

Yeah at least Avon does make a couple of legit halfway functional products. If their business model wasn't so skeevy their Skin So Soft Bug Spray would be worth it.

I realize it's uncomfortable when you have difficulties installing a new wallet. It takes some time to make things work. But anyone can do it if they're willing to put in the effort.


NEW INCENTIVE: First member to get their wallet synced up and working will receive half a million coins (500,000)
 
I would have thought hawking ****-coins on the forum would be a rule 6 violation, but here the thread still stands.
 
Oh. Do update us here on whether and how this gets sorted.

I can see how getting one's hands dirty is the best way to understand how these things work, and I appreciate ChrisBFRPKY's going to a great deal of trouble to actually facilitate this. But there's no question of doing this on my work desktop or laptop, obviously; and of late my home (desktop) computer, which incidentally is fairly old, also has plenty of sensitive and ongoing work stuff.

Point being, if there's any risk at all to any of this being compromised, I'm not doing this. But if one's assured that one's machine, with all one's ongoing work stuff, won't crash down in protest, or, worse, get hacked away by some "rogue", well then this is a great opportunity for some free and probably fun learning, that I wouldn't want to pass up.

-------

Incidentally, and quite apart from this learning/teaching effort, ChrisBFRPKY (and/or anyone else who's familiar with these things) :

As far as this rogue developer, who's apparently made off with millions of his coins, what occurs to one is, if cryptocurrencies are susceptible to this kind of thing -- and, hey, you'd get to know that this has happened only after it has already happened, as this ROI story demonstrates -- then isn't that one glaring and probably insurmountable glitch to the very concept of cryptos? For whatever reason speculators may have not worried about this aspect too much in case of BTC, but that doesn't make that possibility go away!

And what also occurs to me is, why on earth would this rogue go rogue at all? I mean, that's the surest way to ensure all his coins become entirely worthless, and he'd be a fool to do this, surely? Yet do this he has. I'd think a better way for developers to try to get rich would be to quietly keep mining away honestly, while the coins are still low-effort, so that if their project takes off then they'll get rich. Going rogue like this seems a pretty stupid thing to do. What am I missing?

When the coin was listed on exchanges one of the devs devised a way to mint millions of new coins to sell. I suppose he expected that nobody would know the difference. Kinda like counterfeiting. The coin was immediately pulled from the exchanges and mining pools until the other devs could figure out a way to sort out the ill-gotten coins from the rest. Here we have the ongoing issue of how to fix the coin and why the project is currently in limbo.

As I said earlier, there may be an upcoming hard fork of this coin that will solve the issue. Or the coin may die an untimely death as many do. For now it's limited to just a tool for learning.
 
I would have thought hawking ****-coins on the forum would be a rule 6 violation, but here the thread still stands.

I created this thread for those individuals with the desire to learn about cryptocurrency. Everyone should decide if this exercise is for them or not.

If you're here to learn welcome, if you're here to throw stones about crypto there are other threads for that.
 
When the coin was listed on exchanges one of the devs devised a way to mint millions of new coins to sell. I suppose he expected that nobody would know the difference. Kinda like counterfeiting. The coin was immediately pulled from the exchanges and mining pools until the other devs could figure out a way to sort out the ill-gotten coins from the rest. Here we have the ongoing issue of how to fix the coin and why the project is currently in limbo.

As I said earlier, there may be an upcoming hard fork of this coin that will solve the issue. Or the coin may die an untimely death as many do. For now it's limited to just a tool for learning.

I'm sure you get that your approach does not seem 'instructional' to a skeptical eye. You seem to be pushing to get machines tied in and doing the work, even offering incentives to do so on the hurry-up. Not how most learning experiences are tailored, IME.
 
I created this thread for those individuals with the desire to learn about cryptocurrency. Everyone should decide if this exercise is for them or not.

If you're here to learn welcome, if you're here to throw stones about crypto there are other threads for that.

So when does the first cryptocoin funded Bigfoot expedition start?
 
I created this thread for those individuals with the desire to learn about cryptocurrency. Everyone should decide if this exercise is for them or not.

If you're here to learn welcome, if you're here to throw stones about crypto there are other threads for that.

Learning is great. But you're not teaching. You're saying 'hurry up and tie in, I'll throw a ton of coins at you for zombifying your computer blindly. You'll figure it out later.'

Not trying to throw shade, but come on, man. You couldn't present this as more sketch if you tried.
 
I'm not missing any coins, my computer has not been encrypted, nobody has asked me for BTC to unlock, no virus. The usual indications that everything is working as it should.

No virus you can't know, and someone may be using your network for their own purposes without your knowledge. There are countless ways in which your computer could be compromised without your knowledge. That's why we advise people to stay away from certain types of sites and softwares.
 
Last edited:
I'm sure you get that your approach does not seem 'instructional' to a skeptical eye. You seem to be pushing to get machines tied in and doing the work, even offering incentives to do so on the hurry-up. Not how most learning experiences are tailored, IME.

At a glance, please see post #58. If that's not instructional, I don't know what else to say.

As far as "incentives" yes I find there is more willingness to learn if incentives are included. And this is to be fun.
 
That's what the Cyptocurrency fanboys refuse to answer.

What do I do with my Cryptocurrency once I have it?

You can do lots of stuff with Cryptocurrency. You can stake it to get interest payments on the amount of coins you hold. You can mine it and get more coins. You can hold it and hope for an increase in value.

And it's entirely possible the coins we're using in this exercise may one day be worth something again. You never know.
 
You can do lots of stuff with Cryptocurrency. You can stake it to get interest payments on the amount of coins you hold. You can mine it and get more coins. You can hold it and hope for an increase in value.

And it's entirely possible the coins we're using in this exercise may one day be worth something again. You never know.

That was nowhere near an answer.
 
That was nowhere near an answer.

Please restate the question and I will gladly answer. I would like to be certain exactly what you're asking in order to give you the answer you require.

You asked: "What do I do with my Cryptocurrency once I have it?"

I answered a few things you could do with Cryptocurrency, if that's not sufficient, please elaborate.
 
At a glance, please see post #58. If that's not instructional, I don't know what else to say.

As far as "incentives" yes I find there is more willingness to learn if incentives are included. And this is to be fun.

Yeah, post #58 is not 'learning about cryptocurrency', it's instructions on how to hurry-up and get hooked into the system.

Not sure how you intend this, but it sounds an awful lot like getting machines tied in to save a failing system, possibly due to the rouge dev or whatever. There's no learning presented, and a lot of 'just hurry up and get hooked up. I'll give you half a million coins if you super hurry (which suggests these are borderline worthless so the risk/payoff ratio slips).

An example of learning: tell us about the ultra-low power consumption, versus the current common model that requires building dedicated rigs with cooling ability and high electric bills.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom