• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Corona Virus Conspiracy Theories....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say the blogger didn't warn you. I love this from his "professional services" section:

All these services share a common feature: the invention of new and better reality, and making that reality as impactful as possible.

Jon Rappoport


It does appear he's doing a yeoman's job creating an alternate reality. Too bad it isn't the one I live in.

You choose the ONE you live in, I have an open mind and look at as much as I can and make my decisions.

You are needed to get on the Fauci bandwagon.
 
Last edited:
Well then stick with Fauci and his gang. I prefer to look at ALL discussions and how about the AmericanFrontLine Doctors...most are MD's, some Ph.D's, and others investigative researchers/journalists, like Rappaport....

Stay in your closed box.

Yeah. me too. I was watching a Covid-19 presentation Simone Gold (a founder of AFLD and both an MD and Lawyer) gave back in early Jan after she went to DC and did her thing but before the FBI arrested her. She's big on the Covid-19 Vaxes being too dangerous to take. Quite different than her hero Trump, for instance, who strongly encouraged people to get vaccinated. Operation Warp Speed, etc. I guess that dissonance didn't keep her away on Jan. 6.

There's a smattering of educated people that buy into unorthodox beliefs. Sometimes, but quite rarely, they overturn paradigms. I doubt Gold will be one of the few.
 
You are needed to get on the Fauci bandwagon.

I disagree with Fauci at times. For instance back when he and others like the surgeon general were telling people not to wear masks. Also when aerosol spread was considered a non-factor and the evidence was pointing to it.

I'm not much for bandwagons. I consider there is only one reality and don't look to others to define it for me. I use my knowledge and analytic techniques to evaluate what I read. Each of us has areas of expertise and evaluating new material is more fruitful when one has some overlapping knowledge in common. Less so when one doesn't.

How do you evaluate the various theories on Covid-19?
 
Last edited:
the sensationalist press

Out of curiosity Tom, what would you consider the sensationalist press (as in, name some press organs that would qualify) and what do you consider to be the press organs which are not sensationalist?
 
Out of curiosity Tom, what would you consider the sensationalist press (as in, name some press organs that would qualify) and what do you consider to be the press organs which are not sensationalist?
More to the point, Tom should cite specific instances.
 
Strikes me odd as well as, an entire year ago I saw/read myriad examples giving straight forward explanations of the use of "novel" in an epidemiological context, as well as the meaning of the "COVID 19" label*.

*Which I misremembered here a couple months later, was promptly corrected, and have remembered since. [emoji1]
 
Out of curiosity Tom, what would you consider the sensationalist press (as in, name some press organs that would qualify) and what do you consider to be the press organs which are not sensationalist?

I think that the AP and all the major media revel in sensationalism. It took a while for Reuters to jump on the panic-porn bandwagon, but then it did, with both feet.

I value the opinions of independent journalists like Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, Paul Craig Roberts, Daniel McAdam, Jon Rappoport, and Caitlin Johnstone.

The major media are generally a bunch of sheepparrots, reading self-promoting press releases from the State Dept., Treasury Dept., Pentagon, and other government agencies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAWrUGMM
 
Last edited:
I think that the AP and all the major media revel in sensationalism. It took a while for Reuters to jump on the panic-porn bandwagon, but then it did, with both feet.

I value the opinions of independent journalists like Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, Paul Craig Roberts, Daniel McAdam, Jon Rappoport, and Caitlin Johnstone.

The major media are generally a bunch of sheepparrots, reading self-promoting press releases from the State Dept., Treasury Dept., Pentagon, and other government agencies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAWrUGMM
Wtf? to demonstrate media sensationalism you post a link to a YouTube of Conan O'Brian??

That's laughably lame. So is Caitlin Johnston, nutcase extraordinaire. But I digress.
 
I think that the AP and all the major media revel in sensationalism. It took a while for Reuters to jump on the panic-porn bandwagon, but then it did, with both feet.

I value the opinions of independent journalists like Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, Paul Craig Roberts, Daniel McAdam, Jon Rappoport, and Caitlin Johnstone.
...

Christ... the creativecoherance dot org mental masturbation brigade. [emoji53]
 
Wtf? to demonstrate media sensationalism you post a link to a YouTube of Conan O'Brian??

That's laughably lame. So is Caitlin Johnston, nutcase extraordinaire. But I digress.

If you support the kind of "journalism" that O'Brien revealed, I gotta think that it is you who are laughably lame, big time.
 
So saying that there's a huge pandemic and pointing out that over a half million people have died from it is sensationalism, but claiming that everyone who has a position of medical authority, along with statisticians and politicians and world leaders, is part of a giant conspiracy of lies in order to herd the hapless into some vaguely defined world order...that's not sensationalism, no no.

Is there some definition of sensationalism that does not reduce to "disagrees with me?"
 
If you support the kind of "journalism" that O'Brien revealed, I gotta think that it is you who are laughably lame, big time.
I don't have an opinion because I didn't watch the video once I saw what you were foisting. (I'm generally disinclined to click youtubes in any event.)

Brace yourself, here's an advanced concept for you to consider: If you want to demonstrate to critical thinkers that the media is lame, provide one or more direct, on-topic examples. I don't care what Conan O'Brian said. I don't care what George Carlin said. I don't care to read a third party opinion, not even if it's Kevin Bacon's cousin's best friend.

Direct evidence please.

Add: ok i couldn't resist. I watched it. Highly amusing and entirely irrelevant. Yes, they often say goofy things on local news programs. (The repetition suggests those are Sinclair channels.) Whatever, it's yet another example of your whimsical, brazen evasiveness.
 
Last edited:
If seasonal flu and Covid-19 are transmitted in similar ways, measures taken against Covid ought to work against seasonal flu too. Covid-19 is deadly, and unusual measures have been taken against it. For the past year we've been wearing masks and stores have closed their drinking fountains and coffee dispensers, and every store I go into has a hand cleaner dispenser.

The big surprise would be if seasonal flu rates and even common colds did not decline.
 
...
I value the opinions of independent journalists like ... Paul Craig Roberts ...

Opinions? lol, you need science, math, and engineering, and you pick opinions from someone who can't figure out 9/11 given the answers.

Poor Paul Craig Roberts can't figure out 9/11, and that AE911T are nuts, he thinks they are professional.

And you can't figure out why the flu is not as bad this year... Hint:social distancing, possibly masks, and people working from home. We have stopped the spread of the flu by NOT spreading it... And you got your flu BS from internet nut who makes up and spreads dumbed down woo, and you repost it without thinking -

Your sources are bad - DO you try to check the data, and what you post against reality, or do you have special filger to find woo, and blindly post it...
 
Last edited:
I hate to beat a dead horse but... I spent all of 8 minutes perusing the articles at creativecoherance, the site with the greatest overlap of the names on Tom's list of "trusted opinion makers" (they have a whole page touting them and links to their own sites).
Here's some of it...
Nazi apologetics; masks don't help, they cause hypoxia (tell that to any OR staff or hell, just the guy in the paint room spraying a car and get laughed out of the room); and a doozy... trying to shoehorn astrology into bed with the scientific method.
Bloody hell Tom. [emoji20]
 
I made several very long-winded posts over at the Skeptic.com forum about the many pieces to the alleged Covid Plague puzzle, and how it has become, imvho, an almost religious political movement instead of a rational response to a virus.

From the beginning it was trumpeted as a a "novel" virus, as though it was totally unrelated to other common-cold corona viruses, and then the hysterical panic-porn escalated from there.

Can you post an example of this so-called 'panic porn', so we can see what you mean?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom