xjx388
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 1, 2010
- Messages
- 11,392
I wish I were in Congress, I would say the prayer to Lord Satan.And when you say a prayer before congress, there is no such thing as "praying right" or "praying wrong."
But I think this misses the point.
Each person for themselves, of course.Who says he is "sincerely Christian"? Who gets to make that decision?
But it doesn't really matter. If the overall goal of the Biden admin as a whole is to reach across the aisle and create some sense of unity, it seems Mr. Cleaver (who, incidentally, holds a Masters in Theology) didn't get the memo. He gave the Conservative Christian wing an excellent talking point against the "radicalism of the progressive movement."
EDIT: He's also a Methodist pastor, so he has every appearance of being a sincere Christian. Which makes this "a-woman" thing especially weird as he should know that there is no gender implication in the word "Amen"
Last edited: