Hmm. Here's a guy that also thinks it was a fuel (propane) air bomb.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...-a-very-rare-device-experts-think/ar-BB1cp0uD
"We’ve never seen an improvised thermobaric device before in this country or any country,” says Dave Williams, who conducted the FBI’s on-scene investigations of the World Trade Center, Oklahoma City, Pan Am 103 and Unabomber bombings, among other notorious incidents. Thermobaric refers to a gaseous fuel-air explosion.
“The reason is, it's very difficult to get the timing down to get an optimum mixture of air and a liquified carbonaceous fuel such as propane, methane, acetylene or natural gas,” Williams told SpyTalk.
We have seen attempts like at Columbine. Luckily the two perps had no idea what to do. Unluckily, they did know how to shoot.
There have been other incompetent attempts in England.
But I take issue with William's comment that it's difficult. Unless one was asleep in high school chemistry. I wasn't which was why I suggested this might have been what AQW cobbled together.