• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Famous people with Covid-19


And a long interview with him now he's home. He was in an induced coma for several weeks, and has lost the sight in one eye and is partly deaf in one ear (not completely clear if both are the result of coronavirus).

Is he shocked when he is told about this period? “From a personal point of view, it feels like a pre-death, because it’s a nothingness. Then when Emma tells me what she was doing and how she and the family responded, I get a bit overwhelmed with emotion.” Not for himself, he stresses, but for them. “When the phone rang, you didn’t know if it would be the doctor saying: we’re doing this, doing that, or: sorry, he’s gone. I find that quite difficult to cope with. Yep.” He swallows loudly.

After he came round, Rosen spent three weeks rehabilitating in another hospital. He didn’t have a clue what kind of man would emerge. “I couldn’t stand up, so I thought: ‘Oh, I’m the kind of person who can’t stand up,’ and there was a bit of me that resigned myself to the fact that I would be in a wheelchair. Then I got to stand up with the Zimmer thing and I thought: ‘Oh, I know, I’m a Zimmer person.’ But the occupational therapists never accept no. I got from a Zimmer to a walking stick. I gave it a nice friendly name. Sticky McStick Stick.” As he tells the story, I can already picture the illustrated book of him learning to walk again. “By the time I came home, I was just weaning myself off the stick.”
 
Who? Never heard of them.

This thread is for FAMOUS people with Covid, not a couple of unknowns like that. Please don't derail the thread any further.;)


Perhaps we also need an “Infamous People with COVID-19” thread as well.
 
"We have gotten through Covid-19 stronger and healthier". Don't start that. Be thankful you've regained your former health and strength, don't start touting it as a health cure.

This is both right and wrong. Well, I'm talking about the fact that the disease does not bypass anyone. Even people who have minimal contact with the public, who do not have to stand in lines at the supermarket, get sick. When will the vaccine be ready, how much will it cost and how many doses will it take? By then, many millions more will fall ill. And there is no guarantee that this infection will bypass us. You will not close your house for the rest of your life, you need to live on, work, earn a living and the necessary things.
 
It's rumoured he refused treatment.

Bloody decent of him if true.

The idea that that inhuman monster may have used resources an actual human could have used would be somewhat galling.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom