• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
???

This article is over a year old and was not part of the 'campaign'.
I suppose you just meant it as an example of what might have been an explanation?
.....

No, it's just my mistake. But it might establish a pattern of services ordered on short notice and not paid for.
 
I think he's still pumped up on steroids.

That same thought crossed my mind as well.

I would say that is almost certainly true.

For one thing, there are good medical reasons for not taking someone off steroids too quickly.

But knowing Trump, he enjoys the way it feels and has made sure his doctor keeps him on a high dose until after the election.
 
It's as if they think democracy is evil. They hate the fact that "the wrong kinds of people" are allowed to vote.

As some groups have been pointing out since that KKKeebler Elf Jeff Sessions tried to send civil rights activists to prison in Alabama, "voting fraud" is simply when nonwhite people vote. Unfortunately, the democratic party has long held that making this an issue would "depress voters into staying home", which is part of why we are where we are now.

Whoops, turns out that when one party is outright putting up roadblocks to black voters, black people all notice anyway, and they also notice when dems do nothing to stop them.
 
Trump Tweets

are forgetting that if Sleepy Joe Biden and the Radical Left Dems win, you will vey quickly lose your Second Amendment!
 
That whole "2nd Amendment will be repealed" thing annoys me for some reason. I am foreigner yet I DO know POTUS cannot do that. You need pretty much everyone and their dog to agree upon thing like that.

Are Trumpistas that ignorant about laws of their own country?

It is a rhetorical question.
 
Hell at the rate Trump is going the Left is going to become the biggest supporter of the 2nd Amendment in its original context.
 
Trump Tweets

When I originally became your all time favorite President, the Great State of Michigan was hemorrhaging car companies and jobs. Plants were closing and moving to Mexico, and other places. No new plants for decades. I stopped the moves, & now many plants are and have been built...

...The place was a mess and would have lost much more business if I hadn’t come along. Many new plants are starting. Foreign countries and companies now treat the USA, and Michigan, with respect. Big jobs plans. Please remember this when you go to cast your very important vote!
I wondered about this so did a quick looksee. Michigan "civilian labor force is down 1% from 2019, total employed is down 5.8% and unemployment is up 116%. Thanks, donny.

Hang on. I see that Politifact did a more thorough assessment. You'll be surprised to learn that they found, "There’s nothing fully correct in any of that."

It must be nice to live in a land where unicorns fart rainbows.

LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!
LOCK HIM UP!
 
That whole "2nd Amendment will be repealed" thing annoys me for some reason. I am foreigner yet I DO know POTUS cannot do that. You need pretty much everyone and their dog to agree upon thing like that.

Are Trumpistas that ignorant about laws of their own country?

It is a rhetorical question.

They also seem to think presidents can raise or lower taxes by themselves.
 
At this point I feel that Biden will win the popular vote and the EC, but the Elephant in the room is will Trump and his supporters accept such a result? Trump has accused Biden of everything bar being Satan himself and the gun toting yahoo's among his supporters actually seem to believe his garbage.

I don't question that issue but I think the Big Elephant is the Senate. If the GOP holds on to it, Moscow Mitch will put a stop to any Biden initiatives. How did we ever get to the point where one person in the House or Senate can determine the fate of legislation. It's just nonsense; Moscow has amply demonstrated how just one person with bad will can screw the whole country.
 
They also seem to think presidents can raise or lower taxes by themselves.

There was a moment in the 3rd debate where Trump snarkily asked Biden why he didn't accomplish everything he wanted when he was Vice President and I wanted him to walk over to Trump, grab him by the collar, and scream right in his stupid face "Because I had to deal with a bunch of obstructionist douchebag Republicans!"
 
???

This article is over a year old and was not part of the 'campaign'.
I suppose you just meant it as an example of what might have been an explanation?
The bus issue at the rallies are more like shuttles to parking and not long distance transportation.

I would be interested in any documentary about how these campaigns manage to arrange these large events with just a few days notice. If you have ever worked in event planning as I have, it seems remarkable. I assume they must try to pre-plan a lot of it without actual commitment.

In general, you call a bus company, tell them to pick up a certain number of people at one point and ask them to drop the people off at another point. Then, you tell them to do the reverse so the people are dropped off where you picked them up. After that, and this is a crucial step, you pay the bus company.
 
That whole "2nd Amendment will be repealed" thing annoys me for some reason. I am foreigner yet I DO know POTUS cannot do that. You need pretty much everyone and their dog to agree upon thing like that.

Are Trumpistas that ignorant about laws of their own country?

It is a rhetorical question.

As an American, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

What has sadly happened is that "the second amendment" has become one of those meaningless phrases that are part of sound bites and stock language. It doesn't actually mean the real, actual, second amendment when Trump or his buds use the phrase. It means any step at all that could restrict access to a gun in any way.

Trigger locks? Second amendment.
Machine guns? Second amdendment.
Waiting period? Second amendment.
Assault weapons? You are so stupid that you don't know that there is no definition of an assault weapon and don't even know the definition of semi-automatic - and second amendment.

It's quite troubling, because like so many other phrases in American politics, it becomes an automatic excluded middle. Compromise on gun rights is impossible, because literally any effort to change access to guns is declared immediately a violation of sacred rights, and they simply refuse to even discuss the possibility that maybe it's a bad idea, as an example, to allow a teenager wander the streets of a city with a loaded assault rifle in the middle of a riot. To restrict that right would be the destruction of the second amendment and, by extension, the entire constitution - or so we are told.
 
That whole "2nd Amendment will be repealed" thing annoys me for some reason. I am foreigner yet I DO know POTUS cannot do that. You need pretty much everyone and their dog to agree upon thing like that.

Are Trumpistas that ignorant about laws of their own country?

It is a rhetorical question.

I have seen people who I actually know in meatspace post on Facebook this type of thing:

*Post pictures of armed militias*: "The Left needs to be careful".

*Post pictures of black armed militias*: "OMG this is really scary!"
 
Love to me some testable predictions. Put a time window and a language criteria on it, and I'm up for an avatar bet. What do you say?

There are too many weird things about this election for me to feel confident of anything.

I think the chance that Trump declares himself the winner some time before Tuesday midnight is about the same as the chance that the sun will rise in the East Tuesday morning. But, like acbytesla, I won't bet on it. :p :blush:
 
I thought on that rhetorical question more and concluded it is not about ignorance. Trump supporters simply do not care about daily river of lies spurting forth out of Trump's orifice.

This drivel in Trump's tweets is not designed to convince anyone. Not at this stage, at least. It is something between rally under flag and tantrum of someone that knows he will most likely lose.
 
There was a moment in the 3rd debate where Trump snarkily asked Biden why he didn't accomplish everything he wanted when he was Vice President and I wanted him to walk over to Trump, grab him by the collar, and scream right in his stupid face "Because I had to deal with a bunch of obstructionist douchebag Republicans!"

I used to work with an American guy who had all of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck's books who used to rant and fume about how Obama is so useless and gets nothing done.

To quote all those memes you've been seeing:

"He's voting!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom