• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How Long Will Biden Last? Full Term? Two?

In this case, probably no POTUS ever qualified. Politicians and billionaries live in their own bubbles.

I’m not going to defend billionaire presidents. Especially those who are born into it. Their life experience isn’t in the same universe as ours. Certainly a good example of how people who live in a bubble govern poorly. Maybe we shouldn’t elect those.

But I do think politician is the best background for a politician.
 
Politicians are best for politician job, sure, but that does not change fact they have their own bubble.

I don’t think that’s true until the highest levels of government. Most build their careers at a local level for years.
 
I’m not going to defend billionaire presidents. Especially those who are born into it. Their life experience isn’t in the same universe as ours. Certainly a good example of how people who live in a bubble govern poorly. Maybe we shouldn’t elect those.
....

Presidents are not typically from rich families. Obama, Bill Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson and farther back were working/lower-middle class at best. Nixon was bitter all his life that he was admitted to Harvard but couldn't afford to go. LBJ worked construction to get through teachers college. They are characterized by a burning ambition to get ahead. The Bushes were tasteful old money, but far from billionaires, and they also held public service positions for generations. Part of Trump's con is that he is a billionaire (questionable), and that a "successful" businessman, which he is not, could run government as well. Even real billionaires like Jeff Bezos and Michael Bloomberg earned their money; they weren't born into it.
 
Trump was such a successful businessman he went bankrupt running a casino.

People think that's easy to do, but IT'S NOT EASY.
 
To be honest, I don't care. As long as Biden wins, he can sit as president for two months and then let Harris take over for all I care. Give the USA its first female president, to boot. Granted, she is a person of colour who doesn't fit neatly into a box as she's got dark skin, but isn't African-American, instead hailing from Indian and Jamaican descent, and the trumpkins have already shown that this frustrates them, so she might lead to more polarisation.

But again, as long as Trump doesn't get four (or more) years, a honey badger could win the election for all I care.
 
...
Sorry to insult you. I’m a veteran if that makes you feel any better. It’s not that they’re not patriots or principled, it’s that they live in a separate world. They don’t understand what average Americans have to deal with in life because they’re not living the same way. Which is the point, how can a general relate to the average American or even understand what problems they face? They’ve never been out of their bubble.

Can't find a link, but I recall that when Gen. Petraeus took over the CIA, he offended some people by expecting his subordinates to serve him like junior troops did when he was a four-star general. Military experience doesn't always translate to a civilian job.
 
Trump was such a successful businessman he went bankrupt running a casino.

People think that's easy to do, but IT'S NOT EASY.

His biggest mistake was that he was running FOUR casinos. They were taking business from each other in a finite market. If he had focused on one he would have cleaned up.
 
To be honest, I don't care. As long as Biden wins, he can sit as president for two months and then let Harris take over for all I care. Give the USA its first female president, to boot. Granted, she is a person of colour who doesn't fit neatly into a box as she's got dark skin, but isn't African-American, instead hailing from Indian and Jamaican descent, and the trumpkins have already shown that this frustrates them, so she might lead to more polarisation.

But again, as long as Trump doesn't get four (or more) years, a honey badger could win the election for all I care.

Where do you think the people of color in Jamaica came from? Her ancestors may not have been enslaved in Africa and sold to plantation owners in Georgia but is there really reason to deny that her heritage is similar?
 
His biggest mistake was that he was running FOUR casinos. They were taking business from each other in a finite market. If he had focused on one he would have cleaned up.

No, his biggest mistake was taking out shirt term financing of 18 to 20 percent.
 
His biggest mistake was that he was running FOUR casinos. They were taking business from each other in a finite market. If he had focused on one he would have cleaned up.
And he had totally unqualified people from his family in key positions, people who had no idea how the casino business works.

I heard he had a really good university, though.

Until he had to pay $25 million because it was a fraud.
 
To be honest, I don't care. As long as Biden wins, he can sit as president for two months and then let Harris take over for all I care. Give the USA its first female president, to boot. Granted, she is a person of colour who doesn't fit neatly into a box as she's got dark skin, but isn't African-American, instead hailing from Indian and Jamaican descent, and the trumpkins have already shown that this frustrates them, so she might lead to more polarisation.

But again, as long as Trump doesn't get four (or more) years, a honey badger could win the election for all I care.

Honey badger don't care.
 
I could've sworn I read somewhere that Biden had committed to a single term, to clean up trump's mess before leaving the stage for someone younger and - perhaps - more progressive, but I may have confused it with Pelosi promising this term would be her last in exchange for becoming speaker once again.

I suspect Biden is well aware that just as people were voting against Clinton in 2016, a lot of his votes this time around will be from people voting against trump. Depending on who the republicans pick in 2024, he would face a much steeper challenge then, at age 80+ he'd probably feel he was too old for such a fight.

Huh? You can be older than your uncle. How does it work then?
I like to weird people out by pointing out my half-uncle is only 2 months older than me :) (my grandfather divorced my grandmother and married his secretary, my half-uncle was the result of that union)
 
I could've sworn I read somewhere that Biden had committed to a single term,

That's going around the net for almost a year now but there's never been any confirmation of it. He's never limited himself to a single term, not publicly at least.

Biden denies speculation of a one-term pledge

The current disinformation campaign seems to be trying to get the story going again, you're not the first person I've seen mention it in the past few days. It's tied to the Trump's campaign strategy of getting people to think that Biden is too old and possibly senile.
 
Last edited:
He never committed one way or the other. But if he runs for re-election against somebody who isn't Trump, he'll lose.

That's why I'm more interested in Harris for 2024. Apparently she was rather progressive in the Senate, which I didn't believe at first because she sounds so conservative now. So why the reversal, and is it rereversible?
 
IMHO it is a foregone conclusion that Trump is out January 20th and Biden is in. But for how long? The entire Democratic establishment must be relieved that covid has turned this into a virtual campaign, where Biden's appearances can be more easily monitored and where he doesn't get into the rhetorical weeds.

But afterwards, when it turns time to govern? Pelosi has suddenly been talking about the 25th Amendment:



It seems to me more likely that she's greasing the skids for Biden's likely removal at some point after the election. Obviously I have no real way of telling how much compos Biden has over his mentis. My dad was fine at that age, but you didn't want him driving after late afternoon or anytime he might be tired. Keep in mind, that Biden will be older on inauguration day than Reagan was the day he left the White House.

BTW, I'm not trying to be snide with the grease the skids comment, or conspiracy minded. It does seem quite reasonable to ask the questions about this. I was more thinking that Pelosi's sudden renewed urgency on this matter indicates that maybe Biden's mental state is deteriorating.
Biden has a solitary task to complete before he goes to his reward: Win the election.

After that, I suspect the state of the nation will be such that he is incapacitated or dead within a few months.

President Harris will inherit the odious task of captaining the Titanic after the iceburg has already been struck.
 
As for me, I sure do hope that Joe Biden has a long and healthy life.

But as long as long as Biden stays alive long enough to beat Trump like a drum and get him out of the White House, then that will be quite successful indeed.
 
His biggest mistake was that he was running FOUR casinos. They were taking business from each other in a finite market. If he had focused on one he would have cleaned up.



I've heard that argument, and creating your own competition is pretty stupid, but wouldn't other casino operators have likely filled one or more of those places if he hadn't? If he couldn't even compete against himself and win, he'd have likely tanked no matter what.
 
Trump will win again and if the Billionaire Cartel tries to steal it there will be hell on earth. Joe Biden will never see a day in office.

That's my opinion. We do remember the "Hillary is done" thread where it was a running joke to chime in and say "is she done yet?". But after she was done, it wasn't any fun anymore, although I posted so many Ben Garrison cartoons and predicted that Trump will win. But parallel reality was unfolding forcefully with claims of "The Russians" having been behind the eerie failure of Media bubble to predict reality. And all this nonsense is now "debunked" - we recently found out who wrote the bogus "Steele dossier", have you noticed? If not, maybe use yandex instead of google to find it out.

I simply don't think that the American people are as stupid as the Billionaire Cartel thinks they are, and that it will be possible to fake a victory of the corrupt, senile Zombie Biden in 2020. We will see.

Ha Ha!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom