• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a pretty big story. It's all over the news. That said, its the kind of thing that backfires. They have just provided more negative news for Trump.

I doubt it will have much impact. Trump will call Biden a coward for canceling the event and his crowd will go wild.

Maybe a small handful of undecided voters will take this into consideration, but it will have no measurable impact, in my totally uninformed and overly confident opinion.
 
I am surprised at this. It is the opposite in the UK, rural areas are generally the last to report.

I don't think Craig is right. But hey, he might be. I'm pretty sure rural areas in the US tend to have votes reported quicker. But nothing in the US is universal because each location has very different methods, laws and resources on how the do this. Alabama is very different than Maine etc.
 
I doubt it will have much impact. Trump will call Biden a coward for canceling the event and his crowd will go wild.

Maybe a small handful of undecided voters will take this into consideration, but it will have no measurable impact, in my totally uninformed and overly confident opinion.

You're only measuring how hard core Trump supporters will react. You have to ask how moderate middle of the road individuals will react to people harassing candidates.
 
You're only measuring how hard core Trump supporters will react. You have to ask how moderate middle of the road individuals will react to people harassing candidates.

I think they won't blame Trump for the bad behavior of his rabid supporters and they will overlook his despicable encouragement of those supporters just as they've overlooked so much of what he's said in the past several years.

If you're a Trump supporter at this late date, then this event and his comments about it will not come as a surprise to you. Nor will it cause any deep soul searching. You would've done that some time ago if you were the type.
 
I think they won't blame Trump for the bad behavior of his rabid supporters and they will overlook his despicable encouragement of those supporters just as they've overlooked so much of what he's said in the past several years.

If you're a Trump supporter at this late date, then this event and his comments about it will not come as a surprise to you. Nor will it cause any deep soul searching. You would've done that some time ago if you were the type.

I'm sure you're right about "Trump supporters". But I'm referring to anyone still making up their mind. That is if there are any of those.
 
Trump Tweets

Joe Biden has been a disaster for African Americans and Hispanic Americans—I am fighting for citizens of every race, color and creed. We achieved record low unemployment rates. I signed landmark Criminal Justice Reform, and we will deliver School Choice! http://Vote.DonaldJTrump.com

Joe Biden has vowed to ABOLISH American Oil and Natural Gas. Today I signed an order to strongly protect Pennsylvania's energy & fracking industry. If Biden & Harris get in, they will terminate this order and implement the Green New Deal. Get out and VOTE! http://Vote.DonaldJTrump.com

Thank you Pennsylvania! With your vote, we will continue to support our Military, Veterans and our Police Officers. Biden and Harris would pass legislation to slash police funding all across America. They stand with the rioters – we stand with the HEROES of Law Enforcement! #MAGA
 
“It’s ordinary Americans just taking this election into their own hands” — Jeanine Pirro on Fox praises Trump fans harassing the bus.
 
Trump said at one of the rallies today, "I wonder what happens during that period of delays witn the ballots. I wonder what happens. Are they going to mysteriously find more ballots?
Report whatever you see"-
 
Yeah!!

I just dropped mine into the box.

How do you know all that? I'm a Washingtonian as well.
Are you in King County?

You go to kingcounty.gov/elections/ivoted

(except I had to fuss around because that wasn't the exact address :( )

But it was easy to just tool around and find "track my vote" or something like that. Ignore the numbers on that little strip you take off the top of your ballot. You put your name, birthday and the street numbers on your address into the fields. And they'll show you:

ballot sent to you
ballot received by them
and so on just like UPS or USPS tracking. I voted on Friday. This morning it just said ballot sent buy this evening it said received and counted.

If you're in a different county I imagine it's pretty much the same.
 
Last edited:
Yeah!!

I just dropped mine into the box.

How do you know all that? I'm a Washingtonian as well.

I hope it was an Official Ballot Box and not the US Mail (depending on how your state counts them). Here, it's too late to expect the ballots to be in by Tuesday and the extension for acceptance has just been eliminated.

I sent mine in (USPS) a couple weeks ago. We have a site we can access to see if our ballot has been received and accepted. Mine was. :thumbsup:
 
I hope it was an Official Ballot Box and not the US Mail (depending on how your state counts them). Here, it's too late to expect the ballots to be in by Tuesday and the extension for acceptance has just been eliminated.

I sent mine in (USPS) a couple weeks ago. We have a site we can access to see if our ballot has been received and accepted. Mine was. :thumbsup:

Right in front of a Seattle Public library so yeah, it was official.
 
Are you in King County?

You go to kingcounty.gov/elections/ivoted

(except I had to fuss around because that wasn't the exact address :( )

But it was easy to just tool around and find "track my vote" or something like that. Ignore the numbers on that little strip you take off the top of your ballot. You put your name, birthday and the street numbers on your address into the fields. And they'll show you:

ballot sent to you
ballot received by them
and so on just like UPS or USPS tracking. I voted on Friday. This morning it just said ballot sent buy this evening it said received and counted.

If you're in a different county I imagine it's pretty much the same.

Cool. Thanks.
 
That goes well beyond rotten apples.

Seems I was wrong in any case. :o

According to President Trump, they're great patriots. :mad:

This is messed up, in any other Western democracy, this kind of behaviour would be condemned, not applauded by the head of state.
 
I can't imagine how the Joint Chiefs even come into play, much less decide a winner. Explain the scenario.

The idea being that, ultimately the clearest sign who is Commander in Chiefs is to look for who has the Biscuit and Nuclear Football.
And that is, in effect if not by law, up to the Top Military Brass.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom