• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens is laid out in Title 3 of the U.S. Code. That sets the date for the meeting of the electors. This year, that's December 14.

Thanks for that. It sounds reasonable. Basically, there's a process, and opportunity to object, and votes won't just be thrown on the floor, and in really tricky cases, some combination of courts and congress will have to intervene.

But who ultimately has authority? It isn't clear. This would probably be a constitutional crises. And would probably only occur if the country is on the brink of collapse and destruction.

That is unlikely to happen.

As with all such issues, ultimate authority rests with whoever has the most guns, but I agree that's unlikely.

I just read what happened in 1876, and Congress made up a procedure, and everyone went along with it. In 2000, the courts intervened and declared that the certified results that were delivered from Florida stood, and no one challenged things. Al Gore went on TV and said he accepted the results of the court suit, and wouldn't challenge things further.

In the two cases in American history where it really is difficult to figure out who won, people got together and worked it out. I'm hoping there isn't a third case where it's difficult to figure out this time. I don't trust the fellow in the White House right now to be reasonable and put the country's needs ahead of his own.
 
"But the rule book says..." only is a valid argument when you can explain who's going to be enforcing the rules.

If President Trump says he ain't living office and the Supreme Court says he doesn't have to leave office... who's above them? Congress? That's two branches of government against one. At at best we're looking at a Senate (the branch that can actually do anything) with only a minor Democrat majority, maybe even a straight tie.
 
The Trump Campaign has financial issues and so now, it appears, does the Wisconsin GOP:

The Wisconsin Republican party chairman says hackers stole $2.3m from the group's effort to get Trump re-elected, reports the Associated Press news agency.

The party said it contacted the FBI on Friday after it noticed suspicious activity, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/ele...9acc6d45324002c52d818e&pinned_post_type=share

Party Chairman Andrew Hitt said the theft occured when a number of campaign invoices were manipulated - they were for vendors posting pro-Trump leaflets and providing paraphernalia, such as hats. The documents were altered so that when the party paid the invoices, the money did not go to the vendors, Hitt explained.

I really hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice - this is no way to try to affect a democratic process. :mad:

I also hope that the GOP get their money back, and learn from the experience.
 
The more I think about Trump refusing to leave office after he looses the election, the less and less likely that I think that he will stay in office after he looses the election.

After all, I do not know of any of his various lackeys stating that they will stay with Trump in such a case.

So even if Trump actually does stay behind after his loss, then I expect that his stay will be quite lonely and that in short order he will be arrested, forcibly removed from the White House and then jailed while awaiting his trial.

And as much as Trump loves his publicity, I seriously doubt that he will face such a reality.
 
The Trump Campaign has financial issues and so now, it appears, does the Wisconsin GOP:


I really hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice - this is no way to try to affect a democratic process. :mad:

I also hope that the GOP get their money back, and learn from the experience.

Bet it was an inside job.

See who turns up at work in a flash new car!
 
Hillary Clinton tweets

@HillaryClinton
Counting voters' ballots isn't a win "for Democrats."
It's a win for democracy.
 
Trump Tweeted

A 3 day extension for Pennsylvania is a disaster for our Nation, and for Pennsylvania itself. The Democrats are trying to steal this Election. We have to get out and VOTE in even larger numbers. The Great Red Wave is coming!!!
 
Hadn't read this before, but in a lengthy article last year about Rupert Murdoch, the NYT said that Murdoch almost endorsed Hillary Clinton, but she wouldn't meet with him.
Aware of her father-in-law’s dim view of Trump, James’s wife, Kathryn, tried to broker a meeting between Murdoch and Hillary Clinton. Having worked for the Clinton Climate Initiative, she knew both the Clintons and their inner circle of advisers and hoped Murdoch might consider an endorsement, or at least commit to staying neutral. The idea was not so far-fetched. Murdoch had, after all, backed Tony Blair, a Clinton-style Labor Party centrist, and had once even hosted a Senate fund-raiser for Hillary. Murdoch felt he didn’t need his daughter-in-law’s help. In fact, he called Clinton personally, leaving a message at her campaign headquarters. Clinton called back almost immediately but declined his invitation to meet with him. (A spokesman for Clinton did not respond to a request for comment.)

If anybody still doubts her basic competence as a politician, this sounds like the smoking gun.
 
Trump Tweets

Thank you Mark! #MAGA
Quote Tweet

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow
Here it is! Absolutely free! This is my final argument on LevinTV for voting and saving our republic. Please watch it and also share it with everyone on your email list, texts, or any other way to circulate it! Thank you, my fellow patriots!
https://facebook.com/LevinTV/videos/345754123188620/
 
Hadn't read this before, but in a lengthy article last year about Rupert Murdoch, the NYT said that Murdoch almost endorsed Hillary Clinton, but she wouldn't meet with him.


If anybody still doubts her basic competence as a politician, this sounds like the smoking gun.

Why? I wouldn't have wanted to meet him either.
 
I really hope that the perpetrators are brought to justice - this is no way to try to affect a democratic process. :mad:

I also hope that the GOP get their money back, and learn from the experience.
That assumes we believe GOP - extremely foolish proposition. For all we know that money landed in Trump's pocket.
 
The Trump Campaign has financial issues and so now, it appears, does the Wisconsin GOP:

The Wisconsin Republican party chairman says hackers stole $2.3m from the group's effort to get Trump re-elected, reports the Associated Press news agency.

The party said it contacted the FBI on Friday after it noticed suspicious activity, said Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt.

<snip>

I wonder if they misspelled "employees embezzled".
 
I wonder if they misspelled "employees embezzled".

That's what it looks like to me. I guess I am not wise in the ways of electronic invoicing, but I don't see how an invoice gets "altered". I would think an electronic invoice is basically an email or a link to a web page. You go to that web page, enter your account, and that takes you to a link where you agree to pay something, and a money transfer takes place.

Maybe it's different with business to business transactions, but it seems like they would have to hack the other guy's web site in order to deflect payment the way it is alleged.

Unless, the other way it could go, is that someone is generating fake invoices and sending them to the Wisconsin GOP, and some moronic staffer is blindly hitting "pay". The "someone" could be someone from outside, or someone on the inside intercepting a real invoice, and then generating a fake replacement invoice that deflects the money to an offshore account.

But.....2.3 million dollars worth of that sort of fraud?

I guess more details will come out, but I'll bet when it's all over someone on the inside is going to be implicated. Pure speculation, but that's just what it seems to me.
 
Trump Tweeted

A 3 day extension for Pennsylvania is a disaster for our Nation, and for Pennsylvania itself.

Why? Exactly?

(Yes I know, I won't get a response, but I have to ask why actually counting votes is considered a 'disaster' for the nation.)
 
Why? Exactly?

(Yes I know, I won't get a response, but I have to ask why actually counting votes is considered a 'disaster' for the nation.)

That would be disaster for rethuglicans. They know and admitted multiple times they can't win fair and square. This is where authoritarian tactics like voting suppresion etc came from.
 
Melania Trump in Tampa: "In a time when hate, negativity, & fear are the messages the media streams into our homes & the large tech companies are protecting political censorship, we need to remember what is really important: my husband's administration is focused on the future."

She says this at a totally packed rally with barely a mask in sight: "This president & his team are focused on not only destroying the virus & building back the economy, they are focused on creating ways for people to safely stop isolating & safely start gathering with friends again on safe distances."
 
Last edited:
"Lock him up!" chants directed at Hunter Biden morphs into "Where is Hunter?" chants. It's a hate movement.

"They're calling me up, 'sir, you shouldn't be speaking about Hunter. You shouldn't be bad things about Biden b/c nobody cares.' I disagree," Trump says.

Trump on 'anonymous' Miles Taylor, "There should be major criminal liability for some scum like this. He should be prosecuted. Are you listening to me back in Washington? He should be prosecuted. Along with the New York Times"
"Bad things are gonna happen to him"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom