• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweeted

New York. Vote for Trump. What (the Hell!) do you have to lose? twitter.com/sbanypd/status…
 
Trump Retweeted

Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
Joe Rogan's analysis on a Joe Biden presidency:
It's like going on a hike in the woods at night with a flashlight that has a dying battery. It's not going to end well.


While a Trump Presidency is like going for a swim in the ocean with raw steaks tied to your body.
 
https://www.vogue.com/article/kamala-harris-campaign-staff-covid-19

"Two Members of Kamala Harris’s Campaign Staff Have Tested Positive for COVID-19" Vogue Oct 15,2020

I wonder what event and which infectious member of the super-spreader Trump/Pence team gave it to them?

Of course it's difficult to stay safe in an environment where the idiot-in-chief and his sycophantic staff encourage moronic, dangerous behavior amongst the slavish sheep that make up his party and base.
 
I think it's a good sign that 58 million+ Americans have already voted, here a week before Election Day. That's about 1/5 of the entire population.

Of course, I do have a little concern about where and how those votes are being stored, since I don't think they can actually tally them until next Tuesday.
 
Of course, I do have a little concern about where and how those votes are being stored, since I don't think they can actually tally them until next Tuesday.

Depends on the state. Some states can start "processing" early votes a period of time out. Some states can start "counting" early votes a period of time out. Some states (and sadly this includes some important ones) can't so much as think about making eye contact with any early ballots.

In 13 states, statutes or 2020-specific rules allow for absentee/mail-in counting to begin before Election Day:

Arizona
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Hawaii
Maryland
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
North Carolina
Oregon
Vermont

In another six states, statutes either do not specify when ballot counting can begin or leave the decision to the discretion of local officials:

Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Ohio
Oklahoma
Utah

The remaining states and the District of Columbia allow ballot counting to begin either during the day on Election Day or after polls close.

Link (with more detailed breakdown of each state): https://ballotpedia.org/When_states_can_begin_processing_and_counting_absentee/mail-in_ballots,_2020
 
https://www.vogue.com/article/kamala-harris-campaign-staff-covid-19

"Two Members of Kamala Harris’s Campaign Staff Have Tested Positive for COVID-19" Vogue Oct 15,2020

Yes 1 of the three was actually on Harris' campaign staff while the flight crew though "technically" working for Harris transporting her to and from events may not be "technically" considered to be a part of her "campaign" staff. It seems the "Vogue" article also counted the flight crew as Harris staff. Perhaps to be exact I could have dropped the (s) but now that I come to think of it, I never specified "campaign" staff. And there's that.

It certainly appears that nobody is safe from Covid, not even those who practice ultra safe super duper PPE practices like the Biden Harris campaigns........What now? Joe has been running on Covid Covid Covid yet his VP has a staffer that tests positive for Covid. If he can't come up with a plan to protect his own campaign he certainly has no business taking over Covid protection for the US. Lots of votes being changed in PA now.

Surely, it is not necessarily Pence's or Harris's fault that a campaign staffer became ill.

But let's look at the behavior that followed. Harris temporarily suspended public appearances. Did she suspend such appearances long enough? As long as the CDC recommends? I'm not sure. Perhaps one could criticize her choice if not.

Pence didn't cancel anything. Instead, they decided that public appearances in a political campaign is "essential" and the risk to others is totally worth it. The person in charge of the COVID response does not bother with following the recommendations. Maybe you could make a reasonable argument that continuing his governing duties is essential, but public campaign appearances that actually violate local COVID restrictions? Not a chance.

I haven't seen anyone say that Pence is to blame for a staffer becoming ill. Five staffers starts to sound like precautions have been ignored and clearly Pence has ignored the recommendations of the CDC and local authorities all the bloody time. He is rightly criticized for this.

Public rallies exceeding the maximum number for such gatherings and with no mask requirements tell you all you need to know about how much this administration gives a damn about the pandemic.
 
Is it just me or does it really seem that Trump can't win so he is trying to provoke a civil war. Reminds me of when he went down to the White House bunker to, in his words, "check it out". Wonder why he is so secure that the military will back him? I guess really when it goes down to it, it's really Trump tweeting stuff by himself in the middle of the night to I guess millions of followers.
 
Last edited:
And as has already been pointed out, Kavanaugh got it wrong when he wrote that Vermont didn't change their rules to deal with the pandemic. Except, they did. The state legislature authorised the SoS to mail a ballot to all registred voters.

People know better than to treat such statements as facts.
 
Is it just me or does it really seem that Trump can't win so he is trying to provoke a civil war. Reminds me of when he went down to the White House bunker to, in his words, "check it out". Wonder why he is so secure that the military will back him? I guess really when it goes down to it, it's really Trump tweeting stuff by himself in the middle of the night to I guess millions of followers.

It is not just you.

I think Trump is trying to create an atmosphere in which no prosecutor will dare go after him for fear of being murdered by his fanatic followers.
 
It is not just you.

I think Trump is trying to create an atmosphere in which no prosecutor will dare go after him for fear of being murdered by his fanatic followers.


That's just paranoid. It's not as if a Trump supporter mailed bombs to political enemies and groups designated "the enemy of the people" two years ago, before the rhetoric was cranked up to its current level, after all.
 
It is not just you.

I think Trump is trying to create an atmosphere in which no prosecutor will dare go after him for fear of being murdered by his fanatic followers.
Not a prosecutor, a judge, but still: doesn't work on judge Kaplan.

Judge Kaplan (SDNY) denies AG Barr’s last-minute shenanigan to save President Trump from discovery in the E. Jean Carroll rape defamation case

The President of the United States is not an "employee of the Government" within the meaning of the relevant statutes. Even if he were such an "employee," President Trump's allegedly defamatory statements concerning Ms. Carroll would not have been within the scope of his employment. Accordingly, the motion to substitute the United States in place of President Trump is denied.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.543790/gov.uscourts.nysd.543790.32.0_1.pdf

Too late for discovery to have any influence on the election, though. So in that sense, Barr's disgusting manoeuvre succeeded.
 
I think all VP Biden has to do for the next week is... not die or fall seriously ill. Of course, deceased candidates have won before. In fact, I think that would be the ultimate humiliation for El Covjefe if that happened. Not that I want it to.
 
I think all VP Biden has to do for the next week is... not die or fall seriously ill. Of course, deceased candidates have won before. In fact, I think that would be the ultimate humiliation for El Covjefe if that happened. Not that I want it to.

Trump endorses Biden:

 
Surely, it is not necessarily Pence's or Harris's fault that a campaign staffer became ill.

But let's look at the behavior that followed. Harris temporarily suspended public appearances. Did she suspend such appearances long enough? As long as the CDC recommends? I'm not sure. Perhaps one could criticize her choice if not.

Pence didn't cancel anything. Instead, they decided that public appearances in a political campaign is "essential" and the risk to others is totally worth it. The person in charge of the COVID response does not bother with following the recommendations. Maybe you could make a reasonable argument that continuing his governing duties is essential, but public campaign appearances that actually violate local COVID restrictions? Not a chance.

I haven't seen anyone say that Pence is to blame for a staffer becoming ill. Five staffers starts to sound like precautions have been ignored and clearly Pence has ignored the recommendations of the CDC and local authorities all the bloody time. He is rightly criticized for this.

Public rallies exceeding the maximum number for such gatherings and with no mask requirements tell you all you need to know about how much this administration gives a damn about the pandemic.

Just to be clear about this - ChrisB has repeatedly made it rather clear that he isn't interested in reasonable or valid argument. He's interested in supporting Trump, come hell or high water, even if that hell or high water is being directly created and caused by Trump. Personally, I rather doubt that he actually buys a lot of the parts of what he spouts that are utter BS (and frequently enough, are recycled debunked things that he never even bothered to try to defend), but hey, supporting Trump is the goal, which means that rationality isn't particularly important.

That's just paranoid. It's not as if a Trump supporter mailed bombs to political enemies and groups designated "the enemy of the people" two years ago, before the rhetoric was cranked up to its current level, after all.

Ahh, for the days when that was a bigger deal. These days, it feels like every couple weeks, there's right wing terrorists either engaging in domestic terrorism or being caught and prevented from engaging in domestic terrorism. Right-winger goes after a police station? It pretty much doesn't even register anymore.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom