• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

There may be a run on champagne, especially with the election coming up soon. I know I may be celebrating with some lovely Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque.

Nice wine. A snifter of Louis XIII would work for me.
 
And on to the context of her comments:

"The virus is no longer a death sentence. Treatments have been found, the fatality rate has plummeted and vaccines are on the horizon.

For political advantage, Democrats have tried to keep Americans scared, depressed and under house arrest, while blaming the president for every COVID death. Sensible Americans reject this perverse framing of the pandemic.

Maybe the basement option works for those in the media and protected classes who have jobs that allow them to sit at home and conduct business via Zoom.

But in order for them to eat and have their groceries delivered, somebody had to get out in the real world and risk the virus.

Those scolding the president and his supporters, tut-tutting about masks and social distancing, are sacrificing the welfare of children and young people who are least at risk.

For some, being cooped up inside is a death sentence worse than the virus."

From: https://nypost.com/2020/10/04/coronavirus-battle-shows-the-bravery-of-president-trump-devine/

The country isn't shut down anymore. Mask requirements are not shutdowns. What the heck?

Is being cooped up inside a death sentence worse than the virus? You know, I can understand, and even agree to some extent, with the sentiment. But no one is making you stay inside at this point. It's all voluntary.

Is wearing a mask a death sentence worse than the virus? That's dumb.

When I've gone to restaurants to pick up food, I see that there are an awful lot of people sitting at tables, just like the old days. I don't do it myself, because I choose not to do it. I'm not forcing you.

Donald Trump is going to proclaim that the virus is defeated. It was no big deal. Yay! But....check the actual stats. See if people are still dying, and whether or not it's just a bunch of unimportant people who are dying. Compare what's happening here to what's happening in other countries. Are you going to trust politicians or the media? The data is there.
 
Pence, who is scheduled to debate Kamala Harris tomorrow night, "does not need to quarantine" and can go about his normal activities, Dr. Schonau says.

Stephen Miller's wife flew out to Utah with the VP.
 
Donald Trump is going to proclaim that the virus is defeated. It was no big deal. Yay! But....check the actual stats. See if people are still dying, and whether or not it's just a bunch of unimportant people who are dying. Compare what's happening here to what's happening in other countries. Are you going to trust politicians or the media? The data is there.

The best I can figure is that instead of trying to actually combat the virus by being inconvenienced, that acceptable sacrifices must be made and the elderly lived long enough already and people with preexisting conditions are barely people at all.
 
You noted you might have to start rooting against a vaccine. I was merely pointing out that I think the public will make sure no vaccine is used.

That's insane. I'm just not following the moron.
 
Then there were the stories of how, on return, many of the people underwent absolutely no screening or restrictions of any kind - and, when it came to cases like a cruise ship that had lots of cases, the Trump Administration incentivized NOT getting tested.

My wife came home from China in March. All they did was check her temperature and gave her an information card that requested self-quarantine and said "call this number if you feel ill" or something like that. There was no active checking or follow-up.
 
And on to the context of her comments:

"The virus is no longer a death sentence. Treatments have been found, the fatality rate has plummeted and vaccines are on the horizon.
This is ridiculous on it's face. No treatment has been found and any vaccine is far from "on the horizon." There's no real idea what the fatality rate actually is, but Americans continue to die at a high clip from this disease -about 730 per day at this point.

For political advantage, Democrats have tried to keep Americans scared, depressed and under house arrest, while blaming the president for every COVID death. Sensible Americans reject this perverse framing of the pandemic.
Sesible Americans take precautions recommended by experts. Those that don't . . . we only have to look at the White House to see what happens.

Maybe the basement option works for those in the media and protected classes who have jobs that allow them to sit at home and conduct business via Zoom.

But in order for them to eat and have their groceries delivered, somebody had to get out in the real world and risk the virus.
The risk would be much less had the President and Governors put forth a unified message about shutting down most business or at least wearing masks and maintaining distance. But they didn't so here we are.

Those scolding the president and his supporters, tut-tutting about masks and social distancing, are sacrificing the welfare of children and young people who are least at risk.

For some, being cooped up inside is a death sentence worse than the virus."
Sure, until they actually get the virus and suffer life-long consequences or death.

Ah, the NYPost: Bastion of Truth. :rolleyes:
 
The country isn't shut down anymore. Mask requirements are not shutdowns. What the heck?

Is being cooped up inside a death sentence worse than the virus? You know, I can understand, and even agree to some extent, with the sentiment. But no one is making you stay inside at this point. It's all voluntary.

Is wearing a mask a death sentence worse than the virus? That's dumb.

When I've gone to restaurants to pick up food, I see that there are an awful lot of people sitting at tables, just like the old days. I don't do it myself, because I choose not to do it. I'm not forcing you.

Donald Trump is going to proclaim that the virus is defeated. It was no big deal. Yay! But....check the actual stats. See if people are still dying, and whether or not it's just a bunch of unimportant people who are dying. Compare what's happening here to what's happening in other countries. Are you going to trust politicians or the media? The data is there.

I don't trust either.

I wear my mask when I'm out. I don't wear one at home, outside or inside nor when I'm in my vehicle. Masks are required in KY at places of business and are a good idea IMO.

I don't mind the President took his mask off after arriving at the White House, he's home.
 
Trump's latest spin:

""As your leader, I had to do that," said Trump, flanked by American flags atop the South Portico with the Washington Monument in the distance behind him.

"I knew there's danger to it -- but I had to do it. I stood out front. I led. Nobody that's a leader would not do what I did. And I know there's a risk, there's a danger -- but that's okay," he said."
 
I think you're (excuse the black humor), dead wrong. In fact, I believe the best way to win this election is focus on COVID and our insane leader. One may not blame Trump for the virus itself, but one can blame him for his incompetent and reckless response.

Here's a link to the administration's response to COVID. It clearly was pathetic.
https://doggett.house.gov/media-center/blog-posts/timeline-trump-s-coronavirus-responses

Even today, Trump has no national policy to deal with COVID. In fact he's been undermining any intelligent response. He called it a hoax many times. He said it would just go away. He has said other unbelievably stupid things like people should take drugs that don't work. That people should drink bleach. He ignores, even contradicts recommendations by the CDC. He pulls out of the WHO because his feelings were hurt. He held rallies where no one wore masks including him. His campaign staff removed stickers encouraging social distancing at arenas for his rallies. He packed his supporters in tight areas. He mocks others for wearing masks. Leadership starts with the leader and people have followed. Some to their deaths.

Care to fact check that statement?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom