• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Oh noes who will take over her duties as Press Secretary and making sure her job to... let me check my notes here... as yes never actually talking to the Press or holding Press Conferences... gets done?

To be fair, McEnany really does hold press conferences pretty regularly, don't she? The previous officeholder didn't, but I think she does (because she likes the mic drop at the end of the presser).
 
Trump just tweeted that he feels better than he did 20 years ago. Sounds like that dexamethasone has really kicked in that Giordano was talking about.
 
Trump Tweets

It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President. If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!
 
Trump being sent back from hospital to the White House.

Don't be afraid of Covid, he says. Don't let it dominate your life.

I guess he chose a different route than Boris Johnson.. :/
 
Trump just tweeted that he feels better than he did 20 years ago. Sounds like that dexamethasone has really kicked in that Giordano was talking about.

Or that 20 years ago he first realized he was an unloved financial loser that has to use his daddy's money to buy toads. Today he gets an actual paycheck.
 
People merit sympathy and empathy when random misfortune befalls them; when they knowingly bring their fate on themselves, not so much.


Also, let's not forget, "empathy" doesn't always have to be love&kindness, despite how it's usually used:

noun: empathy "the ability to understand and share the feelings of another."


We all know Trump doesn't give a **** about anyone else, and that his feelings right now are all about him. So us not giving a **** about him is "understanding and sharing" his feelings.
 
Trump’s latest tweet is incredibly disrespectful to families who have suffered from this disease.
 
"Don't be afraid of Covid 19. I feel better than I did 20 years ago" says Trump. Wow. He sounds to me like he's literally on a Dexamethasone high. And he's making decisions for this country. Scary. I suspect he's leaving Walter Reed against the strong objections of his doctors.
 
Trump announces he will leave hospital this evening.

Trump says he will leave Walter Reed Monday night
Moments before his medical team is due to brief reporters, Trump tweeted that he will leave Walter Reed hospital on Monday at 6.30pm.

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

October 5, 2020
 
Trump Tweets

It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President. If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!
Speaking of Trump's joyride.... there may be some unexpected family dynamics going on here.

From: Vanity Fair
Donald Trump’s erratic and reckless behavior in the last 24 hours has opened a rift in the Trump family over how to rein in the out-of-control president, according to two Republicans briefed on the family conversations. Sources said Donald Trump Jr. is deeply upset by his father’s decision to drive around Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last night...Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Jared Kushner to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing”
...
One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning...the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. “They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,” a source close to the family told me...
 
Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Stupid, irresponsible ************.
 
Oh Jeeeeeeeeeezhus!

Trump’s going to discharge himself on Monday evening (that’s today your time, America and yesterday my time).

He proves how much of a total moron he is once again by confusing the way he feels on roids with the seriousness of the disease and blithely forgets about the criminal disparity of healthcare options between himself and millions of poorer or simply not as well off Americans. Anyone hoping for any kind of “lessons” that he might have learned at school are going to feel dumber than the time Josef Stalin thought Hitler was a swell chap who would never do anything as cheeky as invade his country:

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
 
Trump Tweets

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
 
How long before he will have to return to Walter Reed? This is way, way too early for leaving hospital. I know White House has extensive medical facility, but still, if you are already in hospital, why leave?

Course of this disease is weeks (at least, without complications), not days.

I think only reason for this is desire to appear strong for his deplorables (and that he is genuinely feeling good due to drugs). Hopefully, this hubris will kill him - on his own demand.
 
Just because Trump has access to the world's best health care, it doesn't mean he's going to use it. As someone pointed out a couple of days ago, he also has access to the world's best hair stylists. He thinks he knows better than anyone about everything, remember, even when he isn't hyped up on steroids.
 
Unless I miss my guess, he got it, but he doesn't understand it. He will however let us all know about it. And it won't be none of that pointy-headed book-learnin' kind of information either. ...

Based on Trump's own words, he now thinks he has suffered like his fellow man. :rolleyes:

He has mistaken that for empathy.
 
99074d54b459448e8.gif


You people...

I would like to recommend again the eBook YES! The Conspiracy really exists! And furthermore it's all your fault by Reverend Priest that I had in my signature in the very early days here on this forum. I remember good old Pardalis freaking out about it. Likely he understood by now. Trump surely did.
 
Last edited:
The issue is not that someone has fallen to the random misfortunes that can affect all of us. In this particular case Trump's illness is the result of his own bad behavior and criminal acts, which have caused 200,000 deaths and immeasurable pain. If he suffers, it's nothing less than justice.
There's a big difference between that sentiment and actively and gleefully wishing suffering death on another person.

And I have no idea why you're going on about rape.
I'm not. I was just giving context to the original argument.
But if a rapist gets sentenced to prison, or his last would-be victim pulls a gun and blows him away, it's not "situational callousness" or anything else to say he got what he deserved.
No, it's not. But to actually be the person who blew him away is definitely an example of situational callousness. The rape victim who hunts down and kills her rapist is still going to jail -i.e., still did something bad- because vigilantism isn't acceptable. And why isn't vigilantism acceptable? Because our society is founded on the principle of basic human dignity.

People merit sympathy and empathy when random misfortune befalls them; when they knowingly bring their fate on themselves, not so much.
Hmmmmm . . . much of what the Dems are currently fighting for is dependent on the idea that every human being merits sympathy and empathy. How does Universal Healthcare make any sense without the fundamental acknowledgement that every human being merits that empathy and sympathy? Smokers, the obese, people who don't exercise . . . do they not deserve healthcare because they brought it on themselves? Does the principle of Universal Healthcare exclude them? Should we be dancing on their graves?

While I understand the sentiments about Trump, I do not share them nor do I think you would share similar sentiments in almost any other situation.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom