• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Would it be asking too much for McConnell to have caught it, too?

Mark Meadows was with Moscow Mitch this week.

As amusing as Trump's suffering is, through massive irresponsibility and stupidity, the Trump Administration has managed to expose most of the presidential line of succession to COVID-19.
 
Here's the other reason I really don't think it's a hoax. There is no way Melania would ever go along with having to spend 14 days alone with her husband.

The idea that it's a hoax is not credible. It would suffer from the same problem that every conspiracy theory suffers from. There would be too many people who knew about it to keep it a secret.

However, just to be sure, I think the media should demand a printed copy of the test results.

The long form test results.
 
Best case scenario, he gets ill enough to realise it actually affects people and subsequently behaves in a way that actually helps to suppress the spread in the US as opposed to his current absolute lack of concern.

Boris Johnson nearly died, and when he addressed the nation after getting out of hospital you could see genuine humanity and humility. Yet nothing has changed. If anything, it's got worse.

Trump's worse than Johnson, so I wouldn't lay money on this option, if I were you.
 
Hope you're right. As far as the distance though, I don't know. If airborne transmission happens then it could travel 4-5 meters. The bit I highlighted says that "social distancing alone is not adequate to prevent indoor spread". I guess we'll find out eventually.

The rate at which it's spreading in America makes me think that the normal recommended precautions are not adequate. Either that or people are ignoring them.

Now, what makes you think that?

 
The idea that it's a hoax is not credible. It would suffer from the same problem that every conspiracy theory suffers from. There would be too many people who knew about it to keep it a secret.



However, just to be sure, I think the media should demand a printed copy of the test results.



The long form test results.

I heard trump hired some kid to take the test for him....

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
Leader of Leopards Eating My Face party has a leopard eat his face.
 
Who in here is thinking, just for second, that it might be just a stunt?

Him getting through this without any health problems would surely give him a boost and would also divert any other headlines for some weeks.

I thought exactly this. I expect him to emerge just in time for the second debate saying "See, Covid-19 is nothing. It was nothing but the sniffles".
 
Mrs Don questions whether they have.

What better way to get sympathy and prove that it's not serious?

"Recovery" in days saying good genes...

Edited to add.......

And what a way to avoid debates :rolleyes:

That was my thinking too. Easy to do. Until I see anything credible (and nothing this WH says is without supporting evidence) I'm reserving judgement.
 
I can see this negatively impacting treatment and preventative measures if Trump is asymptomatic, as this will be how he will think about it, the ultimate "I'm alright Jack".
 
Even a stiff prison term might make him a martyr. I'd rather just have him bankrupt and living on a lender-approved allowance like in the 1990s - but this time one that would just barely support a middle-class lifestyle. Including barber-hairdressers who don't make anywhere near $70k a year.

But how would we tell the difference?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom