• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Watching the debate tonight?

You shouldn't be. Despite Trump's blather, Biden is no far left liberal. The Green New Deal is fine if viewed as some idealistic view but it's poison as public policy so Biden has been public about not supporting it.

The thing is the Green New Deal is merely aspirational. As a whole it is unsupportable. But there are aspects that are good.
 
You shouldn't be. Despite Trump's blather, Biden is no far left liberal. The Green New Deal is fine if viewed as some idealistic view but it's poison as public policy so Biden has been public about not supporting it.

Astounding that this needs pointing but that there you are.
 
.....
Are there really still any undecided voters who were waiting to watch the debates before making up their mind? If so, will this help them to decide?

A certain percentage of conservatives, particularly military people, still believes in playing by the rules. I suspect they were not only appalled by Trump's performance, but are thinking to themselves "If this guy behaves like this when he's on TV, what's he like in the Oval Office?"
 
They'll still vote for Biden though.

Why would they? If the chosen Democratic candidate has the same views on the "Green New Deal" as the current President, what's in it for those that support it? "Don't tread on me" may realize a new meaning in this day and age instead of stepping on a rattlesnake, it may become the motto of those who seem to be thrown under the bus time and time again by the Democratic leadership.
 
I think Trump came across as a child who simply cannot control himself. His constant scowl revealed that he was not happy that he was not in control of the situation. I also think this should put to bed any nonsense that Biden has dementia. While this was neither's finest hour, I'd say Biden did far better than Trump who came across like a petulant child.
 
Why would they? If the chosen Democratic candidate has the same views on the "Green New Deal" as the current President, what's in it for those that support it? "Don't tread on me" may realize a new meaning in this day and age instead of stepping on a rattlesnake, it may become the motto of those who seem to be thrown under the bus time and time again by the Democratic leadership.


The Green New Deal is a set of goals. Someone can support reducing dependence on fossil fuels and resisting climate change without buying into every "green" proposal. The key difference between Biden and Trump is that Biden accepts the fact of climate change and global warming, and Trump doesn't. Nowhere close to "the same."
 
Last edited:
OK, I like to think I'm fairly astute, but you have to explain this one. :)

You probably don't remember her. She was a feminist icon in the 70s with her song "I am woman." She passed away today. She was 78.
 
Quote:
Helen Reddy: Australian singer of feminist anthem I Am Woman dies.

I have the feeling that song will make a prominent resurgence in the next few days, and hang on for at least five weeks or so.
 
You must have watched a different debate than I did.

I don't think so. Biden didn't bring the heat, even when he was making some cutting remarks, he came across as a milquetoast, he fumbled his words (beyond his stutter) and spoke in generalities. He also didn't cite enough sources on most issues.
 
Likely he meant Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell (Who supports President Trump). Since Portland does not have a Sheriff in charge of their local police force this should be easy to understand. But yes this small mixup will undoubtedly be seen as scandalous of course. Victory! Trump lied! :D

That was the least offensive of his lies.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom