$70,000 for hair styling
$70,000 for hair styling
And within the next four years, more than $300 million in loans — obligations for which he is personally responsible — will come due.
for example, $3 million from the Philippines, $2.3 million from India and $1 million from Turkey.
It sure seems like the Qatari government is using a dummy office to pay the president. Countless other foreign and American companies are also handing Trump money—sometimes without even knowing it—creating the most tangled web of ethical pitfalls the White House has ever seen.
That means that Trump, who holds his commercial real estate portfolio through a web of entities, does not have to disclose who his tenants are. It’s a massive loophole in federal disclosure laws, one that allows the president to accept money from entities all over the world without ever having to tell federal ethics officials who is paying him.
It’s an ethical nightmare. Four foreign government entities—from China, Qatar, India, and the United Arab Emirates—have rented space in Trump’s buildings while he’s served as president. At least 35 tenants lobbied the federal government on policy issues. Twenty of those pitched the White House or the president personally. Thirty or more tenants collected over $8 billion in federal government contracts from 2018 to 2019 alone. At least 17 faced federal investigations on matters including fraud, money laundering, and corruption. Add it all up and Trump’s tenant relationships create one of the most significant potential conflicts of interest in American history.
That appears to be enough money to disprove the Trumps’ claim that they are handing over all their profits from foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury. In 2017 and 2018, the Trump Organization donated a reported $343,000 in profits from foreign governments. Over those same two years, however, the Trump Organization collected ...[after expenses] ... you still end up with $1.2 million. In other words, more than three times as much as the Trump Organization’s donations to the Treasury. And that $1.2 million figure is before accounting for any of the foreign money flowing through Trump hotels in D.C. and elsewhere.
People are convinced because no one cared if Trump murdered someone on 5th Ave they will never care about anything.What I'm puzzled about is why this issue will have no major negative impact on Trump's campaign, and it may well be a positive ("look at everyone piling on our Donnie"). If this happened to any other leader of a democratic country, he or she would be out the door before the day ended.
People are convinced because no one cared if Trump murdered someone on 5th Ave they will never care about anything.
People are convinced because no one cared if Trump murdered someone on 5th Ave they will never care about anything.
I don't agree. There is some self-fulfilling prophesy going on. But this Oct surprise dribbled out by the Times, along with more Woodward tapes coming out might have some impact.
Apparently, there is even more to come from the NYT.
$70,000 for hair styling
People are convinced because no one cared if Trump murdered someone on 5th Ave they will never care about anything.
I don't agree. There is some self-fulfilling prophesy going on. But this Oct surprise dribbled out by the Times, along with more Woodward tapes coming out might have some impact.
Apparently, there is even more to come from the NYT.

Apparently, there is even more to come from the NYT.
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it