• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Retweeted

Dan Scavino
@DanScavino
Seems like something the FBI Director could have cleared up years ago, instead of letting this BS drag on throughout President Trump’s entire first term. The O’Biden Administration literally tried to take Trump down. Always knew it, but now we FACTUALLY know it! Unbelievable!!
 
Trump Tweets
Presidential Message on the National Day of Prayer and Return, 2020

On this inaugural National Day of Prayer and Return, the First Lady and I join millions of Christians here in the United States and around the world in prayer, as we turn our hearts to our Lord and Savior.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...tial-message-national-day-prayer-return-2020/

Trump did not write that.

Of course not; his phone would have burst into flames.
 
Trump Retweeted

Dan Scavino
@DanScavino
Seems like something the FBI Director could have cleared up years ago, instead of letting this BS drag on throughout President Trump’s entire first term. The O’Biden Administration literally tried to take Trump down. Always knew it, but now we FACTUALLY know it! Unbelievable!!

The fact Trump just couldn't get that done in several years couldn't possibly mean there was nothing to it, like 'her emails'. :rolleyes:

Oh I forgot, Biden/Obama/Clinton were POTUS these last few years. Just wait until Trump is actually in charge!
 
Trump Tweets
Presidential Message on the National Day of Prayer and Return, 2020

On this inaugural National Day of Prayer and Return, the First Lady and I join millions of Christians here in the United States and around the world in prayer, as we turn our hearts to our Lord and Savior.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...tial-message-national-day-prayer-return-2020/
:eusa_sick:

Prayer and Return? Is that when Jesus rose up from the dead or are they officially praying for The Return? :confused:
 
Trump Tweets

I was honored to be back in Georgia with a truly incredible organization—BLACK VOICES FOR TRUMP, where I announced a brand new plan to deliver more opportunity, more security, more fairness, and more prosperity to black communities. #ThePlatinumPlan
*

Only $999.99 per month!


*Hilite added
 
Trump in Virginia

...

"What would our popularity be if every day for almost four years, you didn't hear any of this ********? ( The media) With all we've done, I think they'd be very nice, the Democrats would say, 'yes, if you'd like, we could cancel the election.'"

This is actually a very interesting question and speaks to a paradox about covering Trump. Which is worse, ignoring his lies or engaging with them? And I think the answer has to be to rebut them, but then there's this vicious cycle of him telling one outrageous lie after another to keep his detractors at maximum outrage so that he can paint himself as a victim.

Early on I thought there was a middle course: Correct his facts. But don't write an analysis piece every time he yanks your chain. Early on I got tired of CNN telling me why I should be outraged. And I wonder if some of this editorializing made it easier for him to maintain perpetual martyrdom. I wonder if this had been approached differently if his BS was met with a calm, neutral fact check, without the constant drumbeat of opinion pieces saying this time he's gone too far!!!

I'm not sure more people wouldn't have gradually twigged to the fact that he was lying to them with utter contempt. In teaching, sometimes it's better to let students figure out for themselves that something's not right. "Show don't tell" goes one old saw. I think CNN may have inadvertently rallied people around Trump with a bit too much editorializing in news stories and too many "This is why he's gone too far this time" essays that were essentially porn for people like me, who were hoping he would disappear like a miracle any day now if only the spotlight was shined on him relentlessly enough. I still think CNN is far more reliable than Fox News, but both are businesses that frequently pander to their audiences.

But clearly, this is highly speculative and I might be 100 percent wrong. Still. I wonder about the road not taken. I wonder if his less-gullible supporters might have come to realize on their own what an empty suit Trump really is.
 
Bernie Brothers, but I'd be remiss not to give Susan Sarondon a shout out

Why are you singling them out. Over 90% of Bernie supporters voted Hilary Clinton in the election, a good 20% higher than Clinton voters who supported Obama in 2008.

There are four reasons Hilary Clinton lost, in descending order:

1) The republican party disenfranchising c. ten million US citizens.
2) James Comey and the "butheremails!" October surprise he ran on behalf of his party colleague Trump.
3) Russia's various meddling.
4) Hilary Clinton running a very bad and lacklustre campaign, and realising too late that she needed to be more than not-Trump.

And the weightings I'd give all those would be 70-20-7-3. The simple fact of the matter, Trump probably had the election won before he even started consorting with an enemy belligerent.
 
Why are you singling them out. Over 90% of Bernie supporters voted Hilary Clinton in the election, a good 20% higher than Clinton voters who supported Obama in 2008.

There are four reasons Hilary Clinton lost, in descending order:

1) The republican party disenfranchising c. ten million US citizens.
2) James Comey and the "butheremails!" October surprise he ran on behalf of his party colleague Trump.
3) Russia's various meddling.
4) Hilary Clinton running a very bad and lacklustre campaign, and realising too late that she needed to be more than not-Trump.

And the weightings I'd give all those would be 70-20-7-3. The simple fact of the matter, Trump probably had the election won before he even started consorting with an enemy belligerent.

5) Her personality, or lack thereof. Maybe should be higher than that.
 
The particular form of American Capitalism is inimical to a healthy society, in that its inevitable end result is an ever increasing wealth divide. This kind of Capitalism really is a coddling, socialistic favoritism for the wealthy, and a rough, hardscrabble fighting for scraps for the rest. In order to keep the disenfranchised from rising up against the rapacious few, a political system has been devised where the poor are given lessers to kick down upon, enemies to hate as the cause of their ills.

It's the only kind of capitalism that there is. Once you start putting constraints on the owners of capital, then the economic system no longer is caplitalist.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom