• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's lack of makeup blend today makes it looks like he's wearing a mask.
It seems to be getting worse every day.
 
TRUMP: "The ballots, that's a whole big scam. They found 8 ballots in a waste basket, others in a river. They throw 'em out if they have the name Trump on them."

REPORTER: "There were no names on them"

TRUMP: "Well, they still found them in a river."

REPORTER: "What do you think the peaceful protesters are fighting for?"

TRUMP: "It's fine to do that in a peaceful manner, but when it gets less than peaceful, then it's unacceptable."

REPORTER: "You didn't answer my question."

Many of Trump's interactions would make great comedy if it weren't so consequential.
 
President Trump will sign an executive order to ensure continued health-care coverage for Americans with pre-existing conditions. It's refreshing to finally have a leader who keeps his promises and actually wants to help Americans rather than a power-hungry, thin-skinned narcissist like Obama who had "gimme dat" promises to bribe voters, and then blew up the federal budget in order to stay in power.
 
Yet something else I don’t get about Trump. Doesn’t the POTUS have access to the best make-up artists in the world? Yet a 16 year old girl could do it much better. Both color and evenness. I thought maybe this is another deliberate trolling of the media. But then I realized this must be his ego! He does his own make-up because he doesn’t want anyone else to know. He really believes that no one else can detect his clever self-applied Venusian tan as fake!

Or maybe his make-up person hates him...

I don’t know about his hair weave...

My guess is that his eyesight is bad and he's too vain for glasses, too squeamish for contacts, and too narcissistic to realize the whole universe isn't blurry it's just his own perception. I think Trump's incapable of realizing other people don't literally see everything the same way he does.


https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/1288794837437894658?s=20

Tom Joseph
@TomJChicago
Grooming issues are common w/ frontotemporal dementia. Wearing make-up complicates it bc judgment, dexterity & perception have deteriorated. Normally a dementia patient at his stage wouldn’t be out in public where everybody sees his caked on make up & the costumey look it creates
 
Jim Acosta tweeted
@Acosta
Leaving for NC, Trump claimed he couldn't really hear booing at SCOTUS today: "I think that was just a political chant. We could hardly hear it from where we were..Somebody said there was some chanting. But they were right next to the media. But we could hardly hear too much."
 
Jim Acosta tweeted
@Acosta
Leaving for NC, Trump claimed he couldn't really hear booing at SCOTUS today: "I think that was just a political chant. We could hardly hear it from where we were..Somebody said there was some chanting. But they were right next to the media. But we could hardly hear too much."
...because the media were louder???
 
Jim Acosta tweeted
@Acosta
Leaving for NC, Trump claimed he couldn't really hear booing at SCOTUS today: "I think that was just a political chant. We could hardly hear it from where we were..Somebody said there was some chanting. But they were right next to the media. But we could hardly hear too much."

That doesn't even make sense.

...because the media were louder???

Of course. The reporters were yelling out questions. Couldn't you hear it? Yeah...neither could anyone else

It was completely silent as Trump arrived 1:40 in the video. Trump looks visibly uncomfortable as he stands there until the booing starts at 2:23 which is quite loud. No way did he not hear it. The chanting "Vote him out" is also quite audible. It's obvious he hears it and does his usual cut and run at 3:12. Once again, he's lying. He heard it quite well.
 
"US President Donald Trump has declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the 3 November election to Democratic rival Joe Biden.

"Mr Trump has also said he expects the election battle to end up before the Supreme Court.

"We're going to have to see what happens," Mr Trump, a Republican, told reporters at the White House when asked whether he would commit to transferring power.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pjGyO-V0AQ



https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0924/1167124-trump-election/
Keep in mind he does this **** because it stirs the flies around the news coverage. Take it with a grain of salt.
He's also giving a strong message that he doesn't believe he's going to win the election so he's starting now to rationalize how he didn't really lose, he was cheated by the dark state or something. Listen to his words of ignorance, something about "it's the ballots". He didn't even add the main-in ballots this time, he's calling the election a fraud before the election even takes place.
 
....

Trump also said he believed the result could end up in the Supreme Court

"I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster."
"Get rid of the ballots, and you'll have a very - you'll have a very peaceful - there won't be a transfer, frankly, there'll be a continuation."
I don't think he even realizes what he just said there. Time to publicize this gaffe of this elderly man with increasing dementia.

Trump commented on the Supreme court.

"I think this will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine justices," the president said.
I think it's better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling, it's a scam, the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court."
He fantasizes the SCOTUS will install him like they did GW. I doubt he understands the concept that this is up to the states. And guess what, Roberts has to agree the SCOTUS will hear the case, whatever challenge Trump thinks his lawyers can contrive.

And if Trump thinks the justices he stacked the deck with owe him a favor, I believe he is in for a rude awakening.

Of course that's my current POV. The closer we get to the election I might revise it.
 
Ah now we have confirmation Trump heard the crowd booing him, and cried like a baby when nobody was looking.
 
Personally, again, I disagree. I think that such both is more part of a cynical and dishonest strategy than an actual inability to comprehend - and is far better to treat as strategy, regardless, than treating it as an actual inability, for pretty much every practical purpose.

Willful vs mentally incapable of tolerating a blow to his ego...

It's been a pattern on display the last 4 years, first he lies then he begins to actually believe the lies because that protects his pathologic ego.
 
I don't think he even realizes what he just said there. Time to publicize this gaffe of this elderly man with increasing dementia.

He knows exactly what he said.
He's going to discount mail in votes and claim victory and expects his judges on his court are going to back him up.
 
He finally revealed his healthcare plan: an executive order telling congress to come up with a healthcare plan. Bold move, let’s see how it plays out.
 
trump's strategy appears to be, if he loses the electoral college vote (based on the popular vote in the various states), concoct a way to challenge the votes in enough states that he lost in order to change the electoral college vote in his favor. Whatever he comes up with the Republicans will support and frame it as a legal issue, go before the Supreme Court and expect the court -- with trump's new nominee in place -- to rule in their favor.

When authoritarians have been elected the head of democratic nations, that is out of the standard playbook. They subvert and corrupt the democratic process to remain in office. They always dispute the following election. They also pack the highest court in the land. They always find a way to remain in power. I just hope it doesn't happen here and there are people all over the world who feel the same way. It's horrible that people are forced to sit and watch this all happen.
 
Last edited:
Not true in my experience.

My evangelical family members regard Trump as chosen by God, like Saul. I don't recall Saul being a total dick and incompetent after the conversion, but you know, God works in mysterious ways.

In any case, it's God who chose him, not the evangelicals, and who are we to question God's judgment?

I agree. If you believe some guy walked on water, turned water to win, fed thousands with a fish, then honestly and truly believing Trump was sent by god is small potatoes. The notion that god works in mysterious ways also makes in a lot easier to believe stuff that might otherwise be unthinkable.
 
Last edited:
Some of tonights trump

"We also have some of our unbelievable undercover operatives. If you don't mind, I won't introduce them. I want to so badly ... I want to hug 'em and kiss 'em, which I'm not allowed to do because of social distancing."

"They're trying to do a little bit of a political hit. 'Let's delay it just a little bit.' Did you notice that?" -- Trump darkly suggests unidentified forces are conspiring to delay the rollout of a coronavirus vaccine

"We will teach our children the truth about America, that we are the most exceptional nation in the Earth and you have not seen anything yet" -- Trump's plan to propagandise public schools is very popular at his rallies

"They say it hurts. That is only going 52 miles per hour. A bullet goes about 2000 miles per hour." -- Trump on Ali Velshi getting shot with a rubber bullet in Minneapolis

"They came to my office today in the death penalty, for clemency. I said, 'what was the crime?' The crime was so horrible that I won't tell you what it was, but it has been going on for 21 years or so."

"We've taken out so many bad ones ... we've never had weapons like this" talking (wink wink) about how much he hopes to never have to use certain unspecified military weaponry

It is not normal for the President of the United States to call (former) FBI officials "scum," say "they were trying to do a coup," and suggest they should be prosecuted

"I told our great First Lady, I said, 'I was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm here to come home early. I'm gonna watch it on NBC News'... they start off with you, they said you had some heavy rain"- Trump whines that NBC covered a hurricane instead of his Nobel nomination
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom