• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen a related phenomenon:

“Person X has benefit y. I don’t have benefit y. That is unfair. I could ask that I get benefit y too. Or that x and I split it. But I prefer you just take benefit y away from x. That would make me happiest.”
I've heard that sentiment phrased as "Conservatives would crap their pants if it meant a Liberal had to smell it."
 
Trump Tweets

“The Trump Century, How Our President Changed the Course of History Forever”. On sale tomorrow. A great book by an even greater author. Make Lou NUMBER ONE! Much better than the boring, no new info., Woodward book. Besides, Lou is much smarter and sharper than Bob, by a lot!
 
Trump fox interview
"I meet with foreign leaders of countries, & they have an expression, 'Sir, we are a forest nation.' But they say, 'we have trees that are far more explosive than the trees in California. We don't understand how a thing like that can happen. You have to manage your forest" -

"A forest nation"? Endor? Lothlorien? Are there any countries in reality that would describe themselves in that way?
 
Trump Tweets

“The Trump Century, How Our President Changed the Course of History Forever”. On sale tomorrow. A great book by an even greater author. Make Lou NUMBER ONE! Much better than the boring, no new info., Woodward book. Besides, Lou is much smarter and sharper than Bob, by a lot!

I think not even Trump thinks he will be in office for the next 100 years.
 
Trump Tweets

“The Trump Century, How Our President Changed the Course of History Forever”. On sale tomorrow. A great book by an even greater author. Make Lou NUMBER ONE! Much better than the boring, no new info., Woodward book. Besides, Lou is much smarter and sharper than Bob, by a lot!


I don’t think Trump is qualified to say whether someone is smart.
 
Your false hope optimism is admirable.

When it comes to dealing with the Trump Dump, I think we should take a page from the book of the man himself:

write the USA off as a lost cause, declare bankruptcy, ditch all creditors.
Then, start over with a new shiny name for the enterprise.
 
I’ve seen a related phenomenon:

“Person X has benefit y. I don’t have benefit y. That is unfair. I could ask that I get benefit y too. Or that x and I split it. But I prefer you just take benefit y away from x. That would make me happiest.”

Generally, it's more "I have benefit X and Y. Person 1 is like me, and has benefits A-Y. Person 2 is not like me, and wants us both to have benefits A-Y, statring with person 2 getting benefit Y. I would prefer that nobody get benefit Y, that would make me happiest."
 
I’ve seen a related phenomenon:

“Person X has benefit y. I don’t have benefit y. That is unfair. I could ask that I get benefit y too. Or that x and I split it. But I prefer you just take benefit y away from x. That would make me happiest.”
Generally, it's more "I have benefit X and Y. Person 1 is like me, and has benefits A-Y. Person 2 is not like me, and wants us both to have benefits A-Y, statring with person 2 getting benefit Y. I would prefer that nobody get benefit Y, that would make me happiest."

This also relates to my favorite new version of "fair;" this is when someone points out a system is unfair and the "solution" from the person who benefits from the unfair system is make another fair system but keep the unfair one and act like that makes everything fair.

"Bill I can't help but notice that you steal my paycheck every month."
"Ted as a compromise I'll only steal your paycheck every other month. That's fair."
 
Last edited:
Q: Who do you think poisoned Alexey Navalny in Russia?

TRUMP: Uhhhh ... we'll talk about that at another time.
 
Trump introduces Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and the crowd boos him!
"He's opening up," Trump says, to try to placate the audience.

Trump says the election is a choice between him and Communism!

"I like Putin. He likes me."

"We have F-35s that you can't see," Trump says, seemingly still confused about the fact that stealth planes aren't literally invisible

"It's hydrosonic. I call it super-duper."
 
"I'm so angry at Republicans. I am so angry, they spied on my campaign, we caught 'em. And by the way, that's Biden, that's Obama, it's treason."

He's really going bonkers at todays rally!
 
Trump introduces Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and the crowd boos him!
"He's opening up," Trump says, to try to placate the audience.

Trump says the election is a choice between him and Communism!

"I like Putin. He likes me."

"We have F-35s that you can't see," Trump says, seemingly still confused about the fact that stealth planes aren't literally invisible

"It's hydrosonic. I call it super-duper."

Does he think they have Cloaks of Invisibility?
 
Trump tells his story about how he asked Blackstone chief Steve Schwarzman about Hunter Biden's dealings in China and Schwarzman agreed it was shady.

Schwarzman's spokesperson has said he has never spoken with Trump about either Joe or Hunter Biden.

Now he's telling his unending story about why steam power is better than electric power for big military ships.
 
Last edited:
Trump tells his story about how he asked Blackstone chief Steve Schwarzman about Hunter Biden's dealings in China and Schwarzman agreed it was shady.

Schwarzman's spokesperson has said he has never spoken with Trump about either Joe or Hunter Biden.

Now he's telling his unending story about why steam power is better than electric power for big military ships.

Wait. Let me process this....you mean Trump LIED?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom