• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as the US government controls over half of Oregon, and huge swaths or California and Washington (the portions on fire) Mr. President, what the **** is your job?
 
Last edited:
Some of you Americans may be familiar with the quote from a reasonably well known republican:

"That government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

It may not perish from the earth, but who there is noticing that it is rapidly perishing from America? Your government these days has very little to do with "the people". It is mostly government for the ruling elite, which is exactly what a revolution in the 1770"s thought they were getting rid of. The American republic is turning out to be a failed experiment. Parliamentary democracies have a much better track record and much longer histories.

Have you checked out what's going on with Brexit lately?



With the rise of the internet and social media people have been searching for convenient new instead of real fact. Newspapers traditional role in Journalism has declined as the Newspaper business itself has declined and Right wing media has been aggressively presenting propaganda for 3 decades. This is just as big a problem in the UK as it is in the US so it's not the lack of a parliamentary system that is the issue.


What we are seeing is that Democracy requires both a free and responsible press that follows some standards of journalistic integrity. When this falls apart so does democracy.
 
I have found that the number of exploding trees I encounter in a forest is directly correlated to the number of magic mushrooms I have eaten.

Having played in a big $ basketball tournament in San Jose del Pacifico, Oaxaca, I can second this. The tourney was 2 days, but I stayed for a week enjoying...nature. :D
 
Being as the US government controls over half of Oregon, and huge swaths or California and Washington (the portions on fire) Mr. President, what the **** is your job?


Typical, trying to lay the blame at Trump’s feet rather than at who is really responsible, Biden!
 
Trump Tweets

Bob Woodward’s badly written book is very boring & totally “obsolete”. Didn’t even talk about the recent Middle East deal. Just another tired, washed up Trump Hater, who can’t stand that I have done so much, so quickly! #MAGA

#MAGA minions would be well advised to steer clear of this book. I encourage all #MAGA minions to talk amongst yourselves on twitter (and that loathsome FB) to find out who has read the totally obsolete Woodward book and then out them publicly!
 
Trump Tweets

Mini Mike Bloomberg, after making a total fool of himself as he got badly beaten up by Pocahontas and the Democrats in the Primaries, is at it again. He tried to buy an Election and went away with a major case of Depression. Now he’s throwing money at the Dems, looking for a job!

Pelosi wants to take 30 Billion Dollars away from our great Farmers. Can’t let that happen!

On National POW/MIA Recognition Day, The @FLOTUS and I honor the men & women of our Armed Forces who have selflessly served our Country & made tremendous sacrifices to defend our liberty. Our Nation remains committed to accounting for all missing Americans.
 
I give you a time machine. I tell you to go back 10 years with a stack of printed out Trump Presidential tweets.

I will give you a million dollars if you can convince one person, and hell I'll include Donald Trump himself, that these images really represent official public correspondences from the President in 2020.
 
When are you going to finally realize that Both Sides Suck? The truth obviously lies in the exact middle between their Two Extremist Positions.

So saplings and other smaller trees sometimes go off like fireworks. Nothing to panic about, and certainly no reason to go voting for one of Those Extremists!

The both sides suck is a nonsense argument. It always has been. It's an excuse for the world not being perfect and not getting everything you want.
 
Trump Tweets

On National POW/MIA Recognition Day, The @FLOTUS and I honor the men & women of our Armed Forces who have selflessly served our Country & made tremendous sacrifices to defend our liberty. Our Nation remains committed to accounting for all missing Americans.


"I like people who weren't captured."
 
“He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”
-- Donald J. Trump on POWs.
 
Trump Tweets

On National POW/MIA Recognition Day, The @FLOTUS and I honor the men & women of our Armed Forces who have selflessly served our Country & made tremendous sacrifices to defend our liberty. Our Nation remains committed to accounting for all missing Americans.
This is what a certain segment of the population calls "virtue signalling".

Trump has said what he's said about American servicemen, probably because his narcissistic self can't handle them getting all that praise that he knows he can never have. So he's decided they are losers for getting captured or killed, or suckers for signing up for the military to fight in America's wars.

It's Trump's version of "I didn't want to be in that stupid tree house club anyway".
 
Trump Tweets

But Chris, you don’t see any activity from China, even though it is a FAR greater threat than Russia, Russia, Russia. They will both, plus others, be able to interfere in our 2020 Election with our totally vulnerable Unsolicited (Counterfeit?) Ballot Scam. Check it out!
Learn how voting by mail is safe and secure
Quote Tweet

CSPAN
@cspan
FBI Director Wray: "We certainly have seen very active, very active efforts by the Russians to influence our election in 2020...to both sow divisiveness and discord and...to denigrate Vice President Biden."
Full video here: https://cs.pn/3kpryMJ


William Barr says just the opposite:


Speaking on Wednesday with Wolf Blitzer on CNN, Barr said he believes China is more aggressive than Russia or Iran in trying to interfere in U.S. elections.
"Because I've seen the intelligence. That's what I've concluded," Barr said during the wide-ranging interview, declining to elaborate further.
 
Conservatives are however shown by statistics to be much happier overall

It's true that studies show that delusional people tend to be happier. Denial of reality is great for one's mood.

and more likely to be successful/wealthy.

Other way around. Rich people tend to be conservative because one of the big reasons they are rich is because they loath sharing.
 
I give you a time machine. I tell you to go back 10 years with a stack of printed out Trump Presidential tweets.

I will give you a million dollars if you can convince one person, and hell I'll include Donald Trump himself, that these images really represent official public correspondences from the President in 2020.

It will be easier to explain you are a time traveler than to explain that DJTrump sent those exact tweets from the White House. In fact if they read enough tweets you’ll be on the receiving end of a 3-day psych evaluation in a locked ward.

ETA
Heck, you don’t even need to say Trump’s name. They won’t believe it if you just said that POTUS sent all these messages.
- excluding the grammatically correct one.
- Oh, and the ones with 9th grade vocabulary.
- and the ones that show empathy.
 
Last edited:
Trump on TV just declared that millions of doses of Covid vaccine will be distributed by April. I don't believe it. Why? Because Trump said it. Redfield said not until next summer.

There is such a difference between how Trump comes across when he's reading and when he's just talking unscripted. When he's reading, he's monotone and robotic, appearing not to comprehend what he's reading...just repeating words. Very indicative of a reading comprehension disability.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom