William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2005
- Messages
- 27,665
Do the destructive and violent anarchists qualify as being domestic terrorists?
Is the ultimate goal of this anarchy to replace the existing government with one that is perpetually far left? Do they want to end the Republican Party by overthrow defeat or coup?
He's actually saying none of the kind. Police shooting are sometimes legitimate. Police shooting of black people are sometimes legitimate. It's quite possible police shooting in Kenosha will pass investigation and court as legitimate.
It's not 'let police shoot everyone' vs. 'let police shoot no-one'. The problem is actually exactly this generalization. Problem is Police is sometimes unable or unwiling to discern between right and wrong and act on stereotype. You are doing exactly the same.
Of course the standard of "legitimate" includes shooting people on their knees for 5 minutes begging for their life. So really in practice it is all police shootings are justified.
Pro-tip to would-be right wing vigilante gunmen. Try not to commit double homicide during a pandemic.
Kyle is being held without bond. With covid gumming up the court systems, who know how long he will have to rot in jail before he gets to make his case for self-defense.
He is also using the argument that it wasn't his gun, so the underage transporting gun across state lines doesn't count. Though if true wouldn't it just make his buddy who loaned him the gun a criminal?
Also there is his claim that he was part of a well regulated militia so his shooting people is covered by the second amendment.
I'm not familiar with the law regarding underage guns in WI, but often possession is what is banned, not ownership. He was undoubtedly in possession, even if only temporarily. I can't see how someone seen walking the streets with a rifle slung up can be argued to not be in possession of a deadly weapon.
He's got some weird legal representation going on. Lin Wood, best known for defamation cases involving right wingers like the Covington Catholic kid, is involved in a criminal defense case for some reason. I see bizarre 2A arguments about him being a "militaman" or whatever. I am assuming this is more on the PR side and not his actual criminal defense strategy.
I assume he has a real criminal defense lawyer, because I would think a double homicide + other felonies is probably not the ideal case for an amateur.
I assume he has a real criminal defense lawyer, because I would think a double homicide + other felonies is probably not the ideal case for an amateur.
Really, he is 17 shouldn't be being tried as an adult. I'm guessing Wisconsin has some automatic transfer to adult status statute for murder when the kid is a certain age, so I'm not saying this in the legal sense.
This isn't about some evil kid. The kid hasn't fully developed mentally and this is about the people and societal forces that created what this child is. Putting this kid through a juvenile system aimed at rehabilitation until he's 21 would be best for everyone. It would have put this case under seal and made it harder for him to be used as the political football he has become.
I'm sort of surprised that a lot of otherwise progressive people let go of this principle on this one and sound kind of glad that this kid might not be well off in an adult prison system.
Really, he is 17 shouldn't be being tried as an adult. I'm guessing Wisconsin has some automatic transfer to adult status statute for murder when the kid is a certain age, so I'm not saying this in the legal sense.
This isn't about some evil kid. The kid hasn't fully developed mentally and this is about the people and societal forces that created what this child is. Putting this kid through a juvenile system aimed at rehabilitation until he's 21 would be best for everyone. It would have put this case under seal and made it harder for him to be used as the political football he has become.
I'm sort of surprised that a lot of otherwise progressive people let go of this principle on this one and sound kind of glad that this kid might not be well off in an adult prison system.
I think people are in general a lot less worried about his sentence and a lot more worried about the fact that he literally walked up to police carrying an assault rifle after murdering multiple people and the police did everything short of tousling his hair and giving him a pinch on the cheek before sending him on his way in a world where... just existing routinely gets younger black boys 347 warning shots.
Of course the standard of "legitimate" includes shooting people on their knees for 5 minutes begging for their life. So really in practice it is all police shootings are justified.
Don't forget shooting people who reach for their ID after you tell them to reach for their ID.
5 minutes ? Wasn't even 5 seconds. Please, this is skeptical site. Not poetry contest.
5 minutes ? Wasn't even 5 seconds. Please, this is skeptical site. Not poetry contest.
Nobody is claiming that. Please stop that.