• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Twitter Bans 7000 Qanon accounts

There was a gruesome murder in Sweden last year with possible Qanon connections. The killer said that his 17 year old girlfriend - whom he murdered and cut to pieces - was in league with the US Democrats and Hillary Clinton to promote paedophilia or something like that.

Ugh. You have a link for that?
 
There was a gruesome murder in Sweden last year with possible Qanon connections. The killer said that his 17 year old girlfriend - whom he murdered and cut to pieces - was in league with the US Democrats and Hillary Clinton to promote paedophilia or something like that.

Wow. Yeah, there have been a number of crimes inspired by this conspiracy theory I believe. I wonder how many believers also suffer from some kind of mental illness or if people who already suffer are more susceptible to the beliefs.
 
Wow. Yeah, there have been a number of crimes inspired by this conspiracy theory I believe. I wonder how many believers also suffer from some kind of mental illness or if people who already suffer are more susceptible to the beliefs.

You can count the Christchurch Mosque spree-shooting that killed over 50 people as inspired by conspiracy theory groups like QAnon. The killer was connected with both QAnon and 8Chan (he gave the "OK" signal when he was charged).

8chan, 4chan, Gab all much the same. They have been linked to other mass killings as well; a synagogue in Pittsburgh (11 dead), on a footpath in Toronto (10 dead) and at a mosque in Quebec City (six dead). The Christchurch shooter wrote the name of the Quebec City killer, Alexandre Bissonnette, on his gun.
 
Not with either

100%

There is a big, big difference between a few nutcase CTs thinking Obama was going to usurp the office, and what is happening now, where Trump has in fact signaled that he wants to stay in office past the four years with his retweeting of a tweet by Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University, in which the latter implied that Trump should have two years added to his 1st term because of all the distraction of the Russian probe.

Also, he was repeatedly asked in a Fox News interview with Chris Wallace if he would commit to accepting the outcome of the election. "I have to see," Trump replied, "No, I'm not going to just say yes. I'm not going to say no".

Nothing even remotely like this ever happened with Obama or the Bushes or any of the other presidents I mentioned.
 
100%

There is a big, big difference between a few nutcase CTs thinking Obama was going to usurp the office, and what is happening now, where Trump has in fact signaled that he wants to stay in office past the four years with his retweeting of a tweet by Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University, in which the latter implied that Trump should have two years added to his 1st term because of all the distraction of the Russian probe.

Also, he was repeatedly asked in a Fox News interview with Chris Wallace if he would commit to accepting the outcome of the election. "I have to see," Trump replied, "No, I'm not going to just say yes. I'm not going to say no".

Nothing even remotely like this ever happened with Obama or the Bushes or any of the other presidents I mentioned.

That's exactly what was described and that you responded to: rumours that the sitting president would not relinquish power. This one's different for sure, but the rumours existed.
 
I just tried to watch that 'Fall Cabal', um, "documentary" today. I made it exactly 4min in and had to turn it off. These people are *bippity-bippity-bippity* crazy. Absolute nutters.
 
Last edited:
That's exactly what was described and that you responded to: rumours that the sitting president would not relinquish power. This one's different for sure, but the rumours existed.

I can understand context, I can read between the lines, and my comprehension skills are well above average. The poster was drawing a false equivalence between "a few rumors" and full on mainstream media reporting of what is actually happening. That is what I objected to!
 
It's a dangerous cult.

They deserve to get banned. They are promoting crap that could get people murdered if they haven't already.
 
very different

You're going to have to do better than that.

What's different about the rumours, other than the fact I already stated?

I can understand context, I can read between the lines, and my comprehension skills are well above average. The poster was drawing a false equivalence between "a few rumors" and full on mainstream media reporting of what is actually happening. That is what I objected to!

Why the hell would you post something like that? Is that supposed to add weight to your post?
 
You're going to have to do better than that.

What's different about the rumours, other than the fact I already stated?



Why the hell would you post something like that? Is that supposed to add weight to your post?

You don't get to decide what I meant!
 
Last edited:
You don't get to decide what I meant!

Dude, calm down. I just don't understand why you'd throw out a boast like that when I'm pointing out that we're comparing rumours to rumours. That's what was being discussed. Obama and Bush Jr. had rumours floating about that they would become dictators. It was ridiculous, and certainly neither of them made that claim, but the rumours existed, which was what you asked for.
 
You're going to have to do better than that.

What's different about the rumours, other than the fact I already stated?



Why the hell would you post something like that? Is that supposed to add weight to your post?

So I Googled 'Will Trump Leave Office' and the 1st thing that came up was a link to a story in the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...477150-caae-11ea-b0e3-d55bda07d66a_story.html

What's different? The discussion of whether Trump will honor the results of the upcoming election has moved beyond a topic of wild speculation among a small group of conspiracy theorists and is being discussed in the mainstream media. I certainly don't remember Obama or GWB being asked if they would leave office if they lost. Do you?
 
So I Googled 'Will Trump Leave Office' and the 1st thing that came up was a link to a story in the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...477150-caae-11ea-b0e3-d55bda07d66a_story.html

What's different? The discussion of whether Trump will honor the results of the upcoming election has moved beyond a topic of wild speculation among a small group of conspiracy theorists and is being discussed in the mainstream media. I certainly don't remember Obama or GWB being asked if they would leave office if they lost. Do you?

You're completely missing the point.

Someone asked if there were rumours about a president not leaving office before the current one. The answer is YES. That in this specific case the rumours are based on the president's own words doesn't change that.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom