• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Retweeted

Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022)
Mail-In Ballots will lead to MASSIVE electoral fraud and a RIGGED 2020 Election. We cannot let it happen!
 
Last edited:
Yeah sorry that's weird as hell. And this isn't judgement from an outsider my grandparents used the terms as well and I thought that was weird too.

Mmm. Pretty sure that my dad called mom "Mother" in front of us when we were kids a number of times, as well as to us when he was talking about her.

You believe he is role playing?

I don't. I don't think he is even capable of that. He is being himself. Showing us exactly what kind of person he is.

To Godwin the thread a little, Hitler was role playing in a very similar manner, given Hitler's own words, IIRC.

To borrow from here -

He was obsessed with the media and celebrity, and often seems to have viewed himself through that lens. He once described himself as "the greatest actor in Europe," and wrote to a friend, "I believe my life is the greatest novel in world history."
 
Abraham Lincoln referred to Mary as "Mother" or ""Molly".

But I too find it a bit weird. My father called my mother by her name. But hey, lots of people have pet names for their partners. I certainly am not going to criticize someone over that.

My father and mother still call each other "mom" and "dad". It's a relic from my childhood when they're refer to each other as such for my benefit.
 
A bunch of white Trump supporters chanting "Go back to where you came from" to Native American protesters in front of Mt Rushmore is probably THE most American way to celebrate the Fourth of July ever.
Why are racists/trumpkin demonstrators so dumb.
 
Last edited:
At last check, this isn't something that is even remotely new or novel. So there's actually not much reason to doubt it on the face of it.

Well, cases I've seen before have been where it appeared a Native American was being mistaken for someone Hispanic or similar. Telling a Native American the same thing, when they're protesting on their ancestral lands, is a whole nother level of stupid. I'm not doubting it's possible that it's happening this time, the problem is it's so believable that it would be easy to report without it actually happening (similar to the recent apparent Brexist spoof on Twitter).
 
Last edited:
Ok, there's a reporter saying that's what's being said (not that I doubt it), and it's at 4'10" into that video in case anyone else wants to check.

I really didn't doubt the story. Everyone knows what Trump supporters are like. It's something their kind would do.
 
To be fair, a lot of men call their wives mother if they have kids. My dad called my mom Mother on occasion.
To be fair it's creepy as hell.
When talking to my kids about their mother, she's referred to as 'your mum/mom/mother'
Calling her mother myself would be messed up.

<snip>


Old fashioned? Certainly.

Regional? Mebbe.

Creepy?

Nah.

That would be more in the mind of the observer.
 
My father and mother still call each other "mom" and "dad". It's a relic from my childhood when they're refer to each other as such for my benefit.

For us it started with things the kitties would say, as a way to say perhaps inconvenient things in a humorous way. Like "Kitties say mommy better get breakfast going." or "Kitty says Daddy needs to fix that hot water heater today". After a time I found that starting joke or teasing statements with "Kitties say" or "Kitty says" became almost instinctive to the point where I almost started doing it at work. So the "Kitties say" or "Kitty says" is just implicit now whenever we refer to each other as Mommy or Daddy.
 
Can't say I have seen you say that before, but I take you at your word.

Now that I have seen it, I have experience in that arena. Both as a recipient and an evil bastard auditor poking in things not meant to see the light of day.

I confess, I never considered it in that light. But you are correct. Reflecting on it, would any police department anywhere pass? And I cannot think of a single one. Anywhere.

Even not considering the portions that are specific to business (accountability to those with a financial interest in the business gets subsumed into all the considerations for accountability to clients and vendors), probably not.

Problem solving transparency, data validity, continuing improvement, valid third party oversight and audits...yeah, probably none in the US at least would pass. That they often rely on 'COA with a checkbox' mentality not only creates needlessly long paperwork that doesn't even solve the problems they claim they are trying to address, but makes things actively harder on the police themselves! You can't just say, 'we did x to solve problem y', you have to show that doing that was effective. But that would require data that not only do police not collect, it requires data they refuse to collect.

Measures must be effective, tested, and supported by data. The fact that 'warrior cop' ever became a thing shows just how little US police go by evidence, critical thinking, or even just common sense.

It's deplorable.

EDIT: One 50k a year auditor a police station with proper power/oversight/protections would be a force multiplier that could save millions each organization a year. Quality saves Warranty, and when warranty is paid in lives and freedom, you'd think it would be valued more.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

@FoxNews weekend afternoons is the worst! Getting into @CNN and MSDNC territory. Watch @OANN & @newsmax instead. Much better!

@FoxNews gladly puts up the phony suppression polls as soon as they come out. We are leading in the REAL polls because people are sick & tired of watching the Democrat run cities, in all cases, falling apart. Also, now 96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Another 2016!
 
Trump Tweets

Chicago and New York City crime numbers are way up. 67 people shot in Chicago, 13 killed. Shootings up significantly in NYC where people are demanding that @NYGovCuom & @NYCMayor act now. Federal Government ready, willing and able to help, if asked!

Democrats want to Defund & Abolish Police. This despite poor crime numbers in cities that they run. CRAZY!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom