The Atheist
Psychopath
- Joined
- Jul 3, 2006
- Messages
- 37,973
Did he start presenting as a boy at age 15? Or did he begin hormone therapy? I'm assuming that someone aged 15 did not surgically transition, I hope.
Began hormone therapy & had breast-removal surgery !18 months ago.
Yes, you did get something wrong. You said "My daughter's friend, who transitioned from a boy to girl when he was 16".
Yeah, sorry mate - I figured I'd done something like that. Force of habit, I think - FtM trans appear to be a lot less common than MtF.
I don't want to pry too deeply, but I am interested in a few things, if you have knowledge and are willing to share. If I have understood you, we have a person with female genitalia in the boys' locker room in high school. I have said in the past that this is a very, very, bad idea. Based on your knowledge of the situation, would you agree?
Unquestionably.
I thought it was lucky he never got raped. May have been saved by that fate by being quite a tough character. He was very muscular and top school sports star as a girl, so had the physique to make boys think twice.
No chance he's ever going to suddenly dominate some blokes' sport, though!
Second, what was the nature of the bullying? Was it, "I don't want no girl watching my junk?"
None of those.
"Why are you different?" Why do you never take your shirt off?" "Are you queer?" and a lot of casual bumps and elbows.
Finally, you noted that people found out, even after he switched schools. Well, yes, they would, if he's using the boys' locker room. How could they not find out? Or has New Zealand gone the way of the US, where no one actually takes a shower anyway, or at the very least the one person not taking off his clothes, at least to underwear level, would stand out like neon sign?
Two things:
Very few NZ schools have showers for PE classes, so it's rare go beyond underpants.
Maori in NZ have a culture of not undressing in front of others, so Maori boys will generally wear underpants in the shower, so it's quite culturally normal to wear your pants in the shower, where they exist.