• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a quick screenshot of a portion of a short item that appeared on my news feed today to send to a friend. Unfortunately, I don’t recall where it came from so can’t provide a link here.

In any event, behold some more of the “very best words” from the “very stable genius”:
 

Attachments

  • A848EE2E-DBFB-46F9-B2EE-805983202D72.jpeg
    A848EE2E-DBFB-46F9-B2EE-805983202D72.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I took a quick screenshot of a portion of a short item that appeared on my news feed today to send to a friend. Unfortunately, I don’t recall where it came from so can’t provide a link here.

In any event, behold some more of the “very best words” from the “very stable genius”:

When he's not being nasty to or about other people, Trump sounds a lot like Winnie-the-Pooh.
 

McConnell had to be careful about his language. Anthony Kennedy was confirmed in 1988 on a 97-3 vote, but the vacancy had been created in 1987 with the retirement of Lewis Powell. Ted Cruz gave another version of this line without the highlighted bit, but McConnell had to include it to avoid lying. It's still going out of the way to mislead people.

I like how some justices become more independent once they're confirmed, but I don't know if people of that caliber can be found among the ranks of conservatives.
 
No. He is the POTUS. He never was and never will be my president. EVER. He's a disgusting pig of a so-called man.

Yes, yes, lots of people don't like him, too. But as good as it feels to vent, the "not MY president" thing comes across like a toddler stamping her foot screaming "you're not my mommy!" because she didn't get ice cream.

I refuse to do it, too, because I know too many people who are still "not MY president" for Obama. They were ridiculous then, they're ridiculous now, and I'm not joining them by being ridiculous myself.

Mmm. Personally, I prefer not to claim that Trump either is or is not my President and thus avoid the rather pointless argument that happened. It's easy to see the distinctly different points made on each side, though, honestly. With that said, though... I think the most pertinent things to say on that topic is that 1) Trump is not acting for the good of the nation, though, sometimes, his decisions might happen to also benefit the nation. 2) Trump doesn't care about me. 3) Trump's decisions are generally actively or passively hostile/harmful towards me and people like me.

In short, Trump doesn't really acknowledge me as someone that he is a public servant towards. With Obama, the right-wingers who didn't and don't want to acknowledge him really didn't have a leg to stand on. Obama was working to help them, like he was working to help all Americans and the world as a whole.


This ad is pretty brutal, too. And, of course, accurate. Not from the Lincoln Project, though.

The only person I want to lose the next election more than McConnell is Trump. And there's certainly a case to be made that it's more important to get rid of McConnell. The trouble with that argument is that someone just as bad as McConnell will take his place.

McGrath is just as bad?

He keeps pushing this. I cannot recall *anything* he's done regarding the 2nd, either good or bad. Can you? I know he's full of idle boasts, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

2nd or gun sales? The two are a bit different. Still, to poke at stuff... There was his flip flop right after Parkland involving gun seizure, IIRC. There was the way that he changed it so that people with a warrant out on them can still pass background checks to legally buy guns (well, technically, that was an FBI rule change that just happened to happen right after he became President, with no one taking responsibility that I heard about). There is his (wrongful) continual redirecting of blame for gun crimes towards, for example, those with mental problems, combined with pointedly making it easier for people with mental problems to get guns. More could be mentioned, but... meh.
 
Last edited:
The only person I want to lose the next election more than McConnell is Trump. And there's certainly a case to be made that it's more important to get rid of McConnell. The trouble with that argument is that someone just as bad as McConnell will take his place.
McGrath is just as bad?
I think the other poster was talking about a replacement Republican speaker, rather than who might take over Moscow Mitch's Senate seat.

(Imagine Cruz or Graham taking over for the turtle as the one who controls the Senate business.)


Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
He keeps pushing this. I cannot recall *anything* he's done regarding the 2nd, either good or bad. Can you? I know he's full of idle boasts, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

What he's selling is that he alone is what stands between the gun nuts and the libtards taking away all their toys in massive midnight raids.
Have you noticed that every candidate endorsement from Tump is a cut-and-paste template almost word-for-word. It includes the "2A' piffle.
 
The only person I want to lose the next election more than McConnell is Trump. And there's certainly a case to be made that it's more important to get rid of McConnell. The trouble with that argument is that someone just as bad as McConnell will take his place.


The stacking of the courts that Trump takes credit for is all McConnell's work.
 
He keeps pushing this. I cannot recall *anything* he's done regarding the 2nd, either good or bad. Can you? I know he's full of idle boasts, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Well, he did once threaten to confiscate all the guns and worry about 'due process' later.
 
It's a comical situation for Trump. Any other president would do the things they have to do for common good. But anything other than give-aways looks like goverment muscling in on private citizens. So Trump must resist closures etc to keep his base. That is all he ever had to get over 40% of the vote.
 
If Moscow Mitch remains as the majority leader but Trump loses, I think Mitch will tell him the greatest legacy he can have is to fill every single vacant judgeship with conservatives and they'll come up with ANYBODY to fill all the seats...and there's nothing to stop them.


Every time I hear these guys crowing about how they're going to dominate the courts for a generation because of all these lifetime appointments they're making, I find myself thinking, "Lifetime....."


This ad is pretty brutal, too. And, of course, accurate. Not from the Lincoln Project, though.


Oh, that is nasty.

Does anyone know where we can suggest ideas for such ads to folks like these? I've go one idea based on this notion:

I'm sure that one can find diametrically opposed statements from President Trump on pretty much every position - he "says" a lot of things.

There's a twitter feed out there called "Trump criticizes Trump". I'm envisioning a series of ads based on this notion.

One would be juxtaposing cuts of Trump literally contradicting himself, saying X and then not-X.

Another would be more creative. Get one of those shots of Trump from the last presidential debates, the one where he just grunted "Wrong!" without any attempt at discussion.

Then we splice that onto the end of cuts of Trump just saying wrong things. "Like a miracle, it will go away" "WRONG!" "By the end of April, it's gone" "WRONG!" "I HAVE Total Authority!" "WRONG!"

There's probably enough material for ten minutes of just that.

Then end it with "I take no responsibility" ".....Okay, he got that one right."
 
Well, he did once threaten to confiscate all the guns and worry about 'due process' later.
That would be a good campaign ad... "Trump says he supports your second amendment rights, but can you trust him? (Play clip of trump saying he will take guns)"

May not make any gun nuts vote for the democrats but it may cause a few to stay home on election day.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
The stacking of the courts that Trump takes credit for is all McConnell's work.
Yup. Any Republican president could have done the same thing.

Heck, another Republican would have done better... Kavanaugh seems to have been especially damaging to the re-election prospects of at least one Republican Senator. A smarter president might have picked someone just as conservative but with less baggage.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
Yesterday the task force was going away. Today it will continue.

Whatever sounds good at the moment.
 
Just remember, trump supporters like the fact he "tells us like it is".

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk


"...right now! He tells it like it is right now!"


As with everything Trump, he takes what would be a good trait in any other president (changing your opinion based on changing circumstances), and turns it into ****. There's an important difference between keeping an open mind and being receptive to new facts, and just flailing away, tossing out new orders and opinions as the mood hits you.
 
Trump Tweets

The White House CoronaVirus Task Force, headed by Vice President Mike Pence, has done a fantastic job of bringing together vast highly complex resources that have set a high standard for others to follow in the future. Ventilators, which were few & in bad shape, are now being....

....produced in the thousands, and we have many to spare. We are helping other countries which are desperate for them. Likewise, after having been left little, we are now doing more testing than all other countries combined, and with superior tests. Face masks & shields,....

....gloves, gowns etc. are now plentiful. The last four Governors teleconference calls have been conclusively strong. Because of this success, the Task Force will continue on indefinitely with its focus on SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN. We may add or subtract people ....

....to it, as appropriate. The Task Force will also be very focused on Vaccines & Therapeutics. Thank you!
 
Trump Tweets

The White House CoronaVirus Task Force, headed by Vice President Mike Pence, has done a fantastic job of bringing together vast highly complex resources that have set a high standard for others to follow in the future. Ventilators, which were few & in bad shape, are now being....

....produced in the thousands, and we have many to spare. We are helping other countries which are desperate for them. Likewise, after having been left little, we are now doing more testing than all other countries combined, and with superior tests. Face masks & shields,....

....gloves, gowns etc. are now plentiful. The last four Governors teleconference calls have been conclusively strong. Because of this success, the Task Force will continue on indefinitely with its focus on SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN. We may add or subtract people ....

....to it, as appropriate. The Task Force will also be very focused on Vaccines & Therapeutics. Thank you!

But what about the TESTING materials, like SWABS, so that you can manage the re-opening upon a basis of knowledge, you dumb dunce!

The dolt really does not want the numbers of infected to be known.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom