• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, lots of people don't like him, too. But as good as it feels to vent, the "not MY president" thing comes across like a toddler stamping her foot screaming "you're not my mommy!" because she didn't get ice cream.

You're free to see it how you like just as I'm free to see it how I like. He is not my president.
 
Last edited:
It isn't like there's someone else who *is*......

True. But where is it written that I *have* to recognize someone?

Please don't tell me how I have to feel.

ETA: if there are those who said Obama wasn't their president, I certainly won't tell them that they have to feel otherwise.

As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine.
 
Last edited:
It isn't like there's someone else who *is*......

Oooh, then my president is Kimchee from Kim's Convenience. He's cool, he's funny, and he's weirdly (weirdly) attractive. I know, I know, like everyone else at first I was all about Jung, because obviously he's crazy hot. But over time I started gravitating toward Kimchee.
 
Yes, yes, lots of people don't like him, too. But as good as it feels to vent, the "not MY president" thing comes across like a toddler stamping her foot screaming "you're not my mommy!" because she didn't get ice cream.

I think it's more like a toddler stamping her foot screaming "you're not my mommy!" because the woman kidnapped her.
 
True. But where is it written that I *have* to recognize someone?

Please don't tell me how I have to feel.

ETA: if there are those who said Obama wasn't their president, I certainly won't tell them that they have to feel otherwise.

As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine.

It has nothing to do with how you feel. The President of the United States is the president of all its citizens, so when anyone refers to the president of your country they'll shorten it from "the President of the United States of America where you are a citizen" to "the president of your country" and further to "your president". The means of reference says nothing about how you feel, or whether you supported the president or not, it's a statement of fact. Obama was my president in feelings as well because I voted for him, but he's not my president---now. someone else is.
 
True. But where is it written that I *have* to recognize someone?

Please don't tell me how I have to feel.

ETA: if there are those who said Obama wasn't their president, I certainly won't tell them that they have to feel otherwise.

As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine.

With multiple people feeling this way, way back then I was hoping to see a takeoff on Obama's HOPE poster saying "NOPE -- Not Our President Ever".
 
It has nothing to do with how you feel. The President of the United States is the president of all its citizens, so when anyone refers to the president of your country they'll shorten it from "the President of the United States of America where you are a citizen" to "the president of your country" and further to "your president". The means of reference says nothing about how you feel, or whether you supported the president or not, it's a statement of fact. Obama was my president in feelings as well because I voted for him, but he's not my president---now. someone else is.

It has everything to do with how I feel.

I don't know what part of "As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine" is confusing. But thank you for explaining to me how it really works above. I simply had no idea. :rolleyes:

Belittling me for expressing how I feel isn't going to change how I feel.
 
It has everything to do with how I feel.

I don't know what part of "As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine" is confusing. But thank you for explaining to me how it really works above. I simply had no idea. :rolleyes:

Belittling me for expressing how I feel isn't going to change how I feel.


I recognize Lester Young as THE President.
 
I saw the coverage of that "town hall". I laughed out loud at that. Obviously he's not been as badly treated as Lincoln. Clearly, he's never read what Democrat leaning Union newspapers wrote about Lincoln. It was gratifying to see that he's suffering though. Trump's pain is medicine for the country.



Perhaps he meant to say that he is being "tweeted" worse than Lincoln?
 
Ever see Big Trouble In Little China? At one point one of the villains gets so upset about something he blows up like a balloon and explodes.

One if my favorite movies ever.
Frustration over not beating the good guys is why he explodes.
Normally, I think Trump is more likely to stroke out, but frustration-sploding is just fine with me.


That was Thunder, one of Lo Pan's 'three storms'. When he finally sees his master dead the power of thunder given unto him builds up in him till he explodes. Hopefully, when republicans see their master politically dead their bubble will burst. Unfortunately not till a bunch of other stuff spoldes first and then they most likely will just climb into a new bubble. The right wingnut media just seems too profitable to stop blathering and bloviating on.
 
True. But where is it written that I *have* to recognize someone?

Please don't tell me how I have to feel.


I have always referred to him as just "Trump" in posts here and in conversation. I resolved that I would only use the word "President" in combination with his name when he began acting in a manner appropriate to the position. I'm still waiting.
 
It has everything to do with how I feel.

I don't know what part of "As I said, I recognize Trump as THE president, he's just not mine" is confusing. But thank you for explaining to me how it really works above. I simply had no idea. :rolleyes:

Belittling me for expressing how I feel isn't going to change how I feel.

How am I belittling your feelings? I may hate Trump's guts and hope he spontaneously combusts, but he's still my president until I can get rid of him either by helping to vote him out or waiting for limitations to clear him away. He's my president, our president, your president, because he's the President of the United States and we are both citizens of the United States and that's a freaking mouthful.
 

From the link.
Asked about the White House coronavirus task force winding down, Trump said that Vice President Pence and the task force “have done a great job, but we’re now looking at a little bit of a different form.”

Liar, liar . . . pants on fire.

Trump also maintained that reopening the country is the right step to take, even though the number of coronavirus cases is still rising in many places.

“I’m not saying anything is perfect,” he said. “And yes, will some people be affected? Yes. Will some people be affected badly? Yes. But we have to get our country open.”

That's on you, orange man; if you think those Lincoln Project ads are hateful now, just wait.
 
They want to move out of pandemic mode as quickly as possible so Trump can formally start his campaign (he's never been truly out of campaign mode). He needs his rallies back and his pressers failed miserably to give him the feedback he so desperately needs.

I don't think he found his fake little fox news townhall very satisfying either. He wants his tinpot dictator rallies back no matter how ill-advised they are, and he has been advised.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom