• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for a bit of additional irony, they can't sell the industrial sized packages of toilet paper at the retail stores either. Even though the desperately fearful would cheerfully buy it in that size. Because, not being packaged for retail, they don't have the right barcodes.

FWIW, I was able to buy two individual (normal-sized) rolls of commercial TP at a grocery store, last trip. They had a barcode printed out on a paper, kept by the employees at checkout for use as needed. I counted that they were able to sell the commercial TP as a positive sign about likely supply-chain adaptation.

Maybe he wanted to subsidize the Postal Service after all.

That was my thought about the only good thing about it. It got trashed immediately, still, though, because of how shameless it was by nature.
 
Are we really surprised?

(Pence, at NASA, running his hands over a rocket part literally inches away from a sign that blares in bright red all-caps "DO NOT TOUCH.")

My first instinct is to shout "Photoshop!", especially if it's from an unknown source. Not to say that I couldn't also believe that it's 100% true.
 
Trump Tweets

The only reason the U.S. has reported one million cases of CoronaVirus is that our Testing is soooo much better than any other country in the World. Other countries are way behind us in Testing, and therefore show far fewer cases!
 
Trump Retweeted
National FOP
@GLFOP
Thank you, President @realDonaldTrump, for your steadfast, unapologetic support of law enforcement during #COVID19. From DAY ONE, you & your team (@WhiteHouse @TheJusticeDept @DHSgov @USDOL @NIH) have listened to our needs and have done your damndest to get us what we need!
 
"I have people come up to me and say, sir, how do you know so much about viruses?"

I'm starting to think that people actually say stuff like the him. But they do it in the way you would encourage a three year old when they confidently tell you something that is kinda correct but something that every grown person should know.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

The only reason the U.S. has reported one million cases of CoronaVirus is that our Testing is soooo much better than any other country in the World. Other countries are way behind us in Testing, and therefore show far fewer cases!



It's interesting that the people who always jump in to ask about the per capita numbers when we talk about the US having the highest absolute number of cases and deaths are completely silent when Trump cites an absolute number of tests as proof of something.

Because of course, when you look at the per capita number of tests, the US doesn't look so great.

So, yeah, you have the highest number of cases, even as your per capita testing lags behind other countries with similar capabilities. If anything, this means your numbers are likely even worse than they look.
 
FWIW, I was able to buy two individual (normal-sized) rolls of commercial TP at a grocery store, last trip. They had a barcode printed out on a paper, kept by the employees at checkout for use as needed. I counted that they were able to sell the commercial TP as a positive sign about likely supply-chain adaptation.

I was going to reply to Quad's post but I'll grab your reply instead...

5 or 6 weekds ago, I tried to buy TP here in rural Oregon... no joy.
Safeway and the Fred Meyer next door were both getting commerecial singles and bagging them four to a customer. They would come in first thing and be gone within an hour (every 2-3 days I was told) so I never did see it in action.
Ordered 18 rolls from gawd knows where in China instead, and horded my two donated rolls from the Auto/RV joint that lets me plug in on the weekends, while I waited out the 6-8 week estimate delivery was expected to take. Oh noes. :(
They arrived early last week, ~3.5 weeks after ordering. :) Everything is moving faster right now... three deliveries have shown up much earlier than initial extimates.
Oh and... I was back in that Safeway yesterday for regular groceries (everything in stock except - yeast), and they had regular 4 packs of Angel Soft dbl rolls... so I went ahead and got one. Feast or famine, eh? :D

And that Chinese stuff isn't the trash I was expecting... damned actual 4 ply and good quality. May have to horde it. ;)
 
Last edited:
Trump orders the meat-packing plants to stay open.

Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up


New York (CNN Business) - Meat processing plant workers are concerned about President Donald Trump's executive order that compels plants to remain open during the coronavirus pandemic. Some say they expect staff will refuse to come to work.

"All I know is, this is crazy to me, because I can't see all these people going back into work," said Donald, who works at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa, facility. "I don't think people are going to go back in there."

Donald asked to be referred to by his first name only. He is currently recovering after testing positive for the virus.

"I'm still trying to figure out: What is he going to do, force them to stay open? Force people to go to work?" he asked.

Sure, just send out the Army to force them to work at gunpoint!

Trump is like the Wild Man in the circus. He spouts unintelligible gibberish, and nobody knows what he'll do next!
 
He's not touching it, he's laying hands on it - hands that are blessed by gawd. Whatever mission that part is used on is now guaranteed to be a success.

Also I note in the picture that Pence is staying safe by having a couple of guys between him and that woman. She probably wants nothing more than to jump his bones.

The sign looks fake.

ETA: Ninja'ed - nvm.
 
Last edited:
Among other incredible attempts to rewrite documented history Trump maintains that his February prediction that the “15” cases of covid-19 in the USA, already a lie, would be down close to zero in a few days.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/fact-check-trump-remarks-april-28/index.html

Maybe he was being sarcastic? Maybe he no longer feels any need to interact with reality. I have begun to suspect he will soon shoot someone at random to prove his prediction that he can get away with it. And who can predict if he might or might not?
 
Last edited:
Trump suggests aid for blue states for covid-19 financial crisis is dependent of them sucking up to him on sanctuary city policies:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...hange-their-sanctuary-city-policies/24142231/

Every day there is proof that he is even more slimy that I thought, however impossible that appeared.



Can I suggest a solution for this?

Let's just lie. Tell Trump whatever he wants to hear, but then, just don't do it. If someone calls you out for not doing it, lie again.

I mean, if this is how the game is going to be played from now on, let's play it.
 
I found THIS amusing re-play of Trump's voice in another body. It seems sometimes that we are so used to Trump's craziness that although we might disagree, we don't always realize how bat-dropping off-the-wall it is until we see someone else say it.
 
Trump orders the meat-packing plants to stay open.

Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up




Sure, just send out the Army to force them to work at gunpoint!

!

This is effectively what they are doing in Idaho, penalizing workers who refuse to show up to work.

I wonder when all the protesters with their swastikas and confederate flags complaining about government overreach are going to show up? I'm guessing....never.
 
Among other incredible attempts to rewrite documented history Trump maintains that his February prediction that the “15” cases of covid-19 in the USA, already a lie, would be down close to zero in a few days.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/fact-check-trump-remarks-april-28/index.html


"It will go down to zero, ultimately," Trump responded.

If your house burns to the ground, it will ultimately no longer be on fire. If you starve to death, you will ultimately no longer be hungry.
 
This reminds me of Katrina. The country with the money, logistics provess, and power to invade and swiftly occupy a foreign country halfway around the world, fumbling the distaster response to one of their own cities. Granted, Iraq was probably well planned, while Katrina was a natural disaster, but still. Should there not have been tightly rehearsed contingency plans for what to do if one or more of those levees gave in?

This time the US government seems to have had vital organisations gutted, and it's under horrific mis-management that made Bush seem highly competent by comparison, with a POTUS who doesn't know Covid is a virus, and a Vice-President who doesn't wear a face mask because he wants to look people in the eyes. But still. I just get the feeling that the world's most powerful country should be able to do better.
 
I found THIS amusing re-play of Trump's voice in another body. It seems sometimes that we are so used to Trump's craziness that although we might disagree, we don't always realize how bat-dropping off-the-wall it is until we see someone else say it.
That was beautiful. I think what you said is the exact reason it's gotten 14 million views.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom