MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Aug 28, 2002
- Messages
- 24,967
You want me to muse on politics? OK.
I think the Democrats are profoundly lost right now. You of course will disagree. They need to keep losing until they sort themselves out. That's probably the main thing.
If I have any political views that I'm certain of I'm with Burke in his Reflection on the Revolution In France. It is very easy to be in favour of liberté, égalité, fraternité... or universal healthcare... the question is how you are going to implement it and how that would play out in the real, complicated, corrupt world we live in. I don't think it is so very wicked to think that it would be implemented in such a way that the downsides outweighed the upsides. If one were to implement it state by state so that its glorious success brought everybody onboard, I'd certainly be in favour.
Is that sufficient? I think you will find me irritatingly equivocal and uninvesting on most topics.
You are aware the universal healthcare has been long implemented in a number of countries, right? And that it works ... well not perfectly, but certainly to great general benefit?
Hans