• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to him on the Cohen tapes. Totally different inflection and affect. I wouldn't go so far as to call him articulate or well spoken, but he at least talks like a human being capable of human speech.



https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/opinions/michael-cohen-donald-trump-tape-strategy-zelizer/index.html



True. Some, especially in another thread, would argue that this is mental deterioration. I don’t know if it’s an act, or more just speaking differently in different circumstances.
 
I can't anymore, but someone has to so we can keep abreast of what this imbecile is planning.


Er... why would watching him and him saying anything keep you abreast of what he is planning, he changes his mind by the time he gets to the end of his sentences! If you want to know what he will actually do, watch Fox and friends...
 
People like me hoping to see Trump have another meltdown when a reporter calls him on his ****.

Same here. Those happen to come on at a time when I am doing household chores, like collecting the garbage and cleaning the litter box. It seems appropriate background noise.
 
My wife watches every day, almost entirely for Stacy's reason. I retreat to the other end of the house and put headphones on so I can't hear him.

I have a question. Is he really as inarticulate as he seems, or is he just pandering to his base by not using them fancy words?

I walked by her end a minute ago. He sounds drugged. Very much a monotone.
Trump's "gift" is extemporaneous speaking. He can talk without notes for hours on end. It may not mean anything, or consist of a series of lies, but he can do it. Having to work from notes is something he's just not good at.
 
I walked by her end a minute ago. He sounds drugged. Very much a monotone.
Trump's "gift" is extemporaneous speaking. He can talk without notes for hours on end. It may not mean anything, or consist of a series of lies, but he can do it. Having to work from notes is something he's just not good at.

Like I said above, he's wooden, stilted, and monotone when he's reading...because he can read the words but he does not process the meaning of what he's reading well. Comprehension problems. That's why he becomes animated and appears much more confident when he's speaking rather than reading.

My best friend is a reading specialist. I'm going to ask her to watch him and get her opinion on this.
 
"Nationwide, more than 850 counties—or nearly 30 percent—have reported no new cases in the last 7 days." – President @realDonaldTrump

3100 counties in the US 73% report new cases.
 
Like I said above, he's wooden, stilted, and monotone when he's reading...because he can read the words but he does not process the meaning of what he's reading well. Comprehension problems. That's why he becomes animated and appears much more confident when he's speaking rather than reading.

I've always assumed it's because he's too vain to wear reading glasses.
 
I see that now the Midwest governors are cooperating on health and economic reopen plans. So we have 3 different groups of states already formed: Midwest, West and East. Imagine in all 50 states could band together on this, almost a “Confederation” of 50 states. I’d like to read some Articles on this.

But if we have 3 groups then all we need is 9 more. Then we could have 12 ... let’s call them districts. I think America is ready for a fight-to-the-death tournament.
 
I've always assumed it's because he's too vain to wear reading glasses.

Im not a professional, but I suspect he could get better if he weren’t too vain to practice each speech.
 
I've always assumed it's because he's too vain to wear reading glasses.

If he's too vain to wear glasses then he could wear 'reading' contacts that correct both near and far seeing problems. Or, he could get laser surgery that does the same thing. I got that almost 30 years ago. It was very easy. Personally, I'd rather get either than look like a 3rd grade school kid reading a book report that clearly my high school sibling wrote for me.
 
If he's too vain to wear glasses then he could wear 'reading' contacts that correct both near and far seeing problems. Or, he could get laser surgery that does the same thing. I got that almost 30 years ago. It was very easy. Personally, I'd rather get either than look like a 3rd grade school kid reading a book report that clearly my high school sibling wrote for me.

Considering how much he bitched about getting a swab up his nose -- for days, in fact -- I don't think he's going for any operation on his eyes.
 
If he's too vain to wear glasses then he could wear 'reading' contacts that correct both near and far seeing problems. Or, he could get laser surgery that does the same thing. I got that almost 30 years ago. It was very easy. Personally, I'd rather get either than look like a 3rd grade school kid reading a book report that clearly my high school sibling wrote for me.

I don’t think that will solve the problem.
They already print his written comments in 60-point type (or larger).

It is most likely a brain-processing thing.
 
Last edited:
Considering how much he bitched about getting a swab up his nose -- for days, in fact -- I don't think he's going for any operation on his eyes.

It was very easy. I've had it done twice and refused the mild tranquilizer the second time because I knew it was no big deal. I'd rather have that done than go to the dentist!
 
I don’t think that will solve the problem.
They already print his written comments in 60-point type (or larger).

It is most likely a brain-processing thing.

I agree. My sister has the same problem with processing the written word. Show her; she gets it. Read it; forget it. When she was in 2nd grade and her class* was given a written IQ test, she scored in the 'retarded' category. She went on to get a BS in nursing, achieve the rank of major in the Army Reserves and captain in the the active Air Force, and run the maternity ward in the King Faisal Royal Hospital in Saudi Arabia for 4 years.
 
Considering how much he bitched about getting a swab up his nose -- for days, in fact -- I don't think he's going for any operation on his eyes.

He doesn't even let [spray tan] near his eyes. He's gone full Orangeface from those eye cups.

regarding nose swabs... hey we don't know his nose. he could have a deviated septum for all we know.
 
Trump tweets

Crazy Nancy Pelosi deleted this from her Twitter account. She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA. Based on her statement, she is responsible for many deaths. She’s an incompetent, third-rate politician!

(link to video in tweet). https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250852583318736896

Chinatown was empty because all the people who commute daily between Wuhan and San Francisco couldn't get a flight. :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom