• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: 2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker Part IV

Thank god it was just a ****** response and not a confused one.

The last poorly understood jumble video he was going on about turning away from negative campaigning or we'll get Trump.

So I guess Biden is joining Trump.
 
One of Sanders' few lifelines left is an endorsement from Warren.

I don't know how much weight that has though.

I seriously doubt it will happen. Warren is closer to Sanders politically. But I think she despises Bernie.
 
From what I've heard, Bernie is not well liked in general by his fellow Congress members.

He's not. Bernie has never worked well with others. Politics is as much about compromise as it is about anything else and Bernie doesn't do compromise very well. He's also not a real Democrat which pisses off every other Democratic politician off. Sure, liberal voters like him but a lot of them are as uncompromising as Bernie.

Warren is a liberal. But she's also a Democrat. She was also a member of the Obama administration. I don't want to say this is over, but I think it is.

So much for the idea of a brokered convention.
 
From what I read, Warren would like to do that.
No secret that between Warren and Sanders it's personal;they really don't like each other.
I seriously doubt it will happen. Warren is closer to Sanders politically. But I think she despises Bernie.

Err... Not sure where you've been looking or who you've been listening to. It really doesn't sound like either of them, though.

He's not. Bernie has never worked well with others.

And that's one of his more problematic points, honestly. A problem that's compounded by the need to do a heck of a lot of working together to fix the mess that Trump's made. To poke at his comments about Clyburn, for example, him just... refusing to even reach out to those who don't actually share his politics is rather self defeating.

Politics is as much about compromise as it is about anything else and Bernie doesn't do compromise very well. He's also not a real Democrat which pisses off every other Democratic politician off. Sure, liberal voters like him but a lot of them are as uncompromising as Bernie.

Warren is a liberal. But she's also a Democrat. She was also a member of the Obama administration. I don't want to say this is over, but I think it is.

So much for the idea of a brokered convention.

Honestly, not having a brokered convention is a good thing. I much prefer it that way. It would, admittedly, be nice if Warren had came out of a brokered convention as the nominee, but that victory would be a... tainted one.
 
Honestly, not having a brokered convention is a good thing. I much prefer it that way. It would, admittedly, be nice if Warren had came out of a brokered convention as the nominee, but that victory would be a... tainted one.

I never thought there would be one. I've heard people talking about the possibility of one for the last 50 years and they never materialize.
 
Sanders is meeting with his team instead of holding a not-quite-a-victory post election rally. The news media here is suggesting maybe a concession is planned if Sanders does not "see a path to victory".
 
Schumer and Wyden are on a roll at a press conference tonight, really letting incompetrump have it for mismanaging the crisis. Emphasizing they want to see the little guy bailed out here, and won't stand for Trump trying to bail out his rich friends.
 
Sanders is meeting with his team instead of holding a not-quite-a-victory post election rally. The news media here is suggesting maybe a concession is planned if Sanders does not "see a path to victory".

There is a path until the debate, but at this point Biden has to be just boggle the mind bad in that debate for it to really matter. Like to the point where nobody can say with a straight face that he's capable of holding office.

Unlikely, but he hasn't had to be under the bright lights as the frontrunner yet, so better to find out if he can perform adequately now than in the general.
 
There is a path until the debate, but at this point Biden has to be just boggle the mind bad in that debate for it to really matter. Like to the point where nobody can say with a straight face that he's capable of holding office.

Unlikely, but he hasn't had to be under the bright lights as the frontrunner yet, so better to find out if he can perform adequately now than in the general.
In my opinion that would be a mistake.

Even if Sanders wins the debate easily, its doubtful he would win the nomination. (Biden's lead is too great.) The only think Sander's continued participation would do is to increase the divisions within the Democratic party, and give yet more ammunition to the Republicans.
 
In my opinion that would be a mistake.

Even if Sanders wins the debate easily, its doubtful he would win the nomination. (Biden's lead is too great.) The only think Sander's continued participation would do is to increase the divisions within the Democratic party, and give yet more ammunition to the Republicans.

Is it?

Biden needs 50.5% of remaining delegates for an outright majority.

Bernie needs 57.1% for the same.

Biden has opened up his lead, but there's still room for a turnaround, especially if he suddenly becomes perceived of being unfit for office.
 
Is it?

Biden needs 50.5% of remaining delegates for an outright majority.

Bernie needs 57.1% for the same.

Biden has opened up his lead, but there's still room for a turnaround, especially if he suddenly becomes perceived of being unfit for office.


Man, that is some strong s--- you are smoking.
 
There is a path until the debate, but at this point Biden has to be just boggle the mind bad in that debate for it to really matter. Like to the point where nobody can say with a straight face that he's capable of holding office.

Unlikely, but he hasn't had to be under the bright lights as the frontrunner yet, so better to find out if he can perform adequately now than in the general.

There's only one person in the debate to attack Biden and I'm going to guess Sanders won't do a lot of that at this point.
 
Man, that is some strong s--- you are smoking.

It's definitely Biden's race to lose. There's still room for him to spectacularly screw it all up, with the debate seeming like the prime opportunity.

But yeah, I don't really see Bernie having any opportunity to make this turn around. Biden would have to properly botch things up.
 
There's only one person in the debate to attack Biden and I'm going to guess Sanders won't do a lot of that at this point.

I think Sanders is going to come out swinging. He still thinks there is a chance. But if I'm Biden, I'd avoid mixing it up with Bernie but instead use this as an opportunity to build bridges.

Bernie had a reasonable chance against the field, but his chance against the field united is slim to none.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom