• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 3

I'm getting the impression that Schiff doesn't want Bolton to testify because he doesn't trust him. That somehow Bolton will change what he has to say about Trump and Ukraine.

What's wrong about all this is the refusal to provide the documents. Without them, you cannot be assured of the veracity of the testimonies.
 
Good evening Delphoc Oracle
I hope they call the Bidens. I hope the Bidens proceed in this fashion:

Q: "when did you take a position on the board of Burisma?"

A: "several years before Trump engaged in the corrupt actions that this proceeding is meant to address."

For that matter, he was on that board for many years when these same GOP Reps and Senators, who now fain such outrage about it,were too busy crying about Hilary. Apparently they were perfectly fine with it until Biden became a threat to Donald Trumps re-election.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed.
Wrong. There is no technical crime listed as described in the criminal code, but the impeachment is based on Trump's actions, for which witnesses are valuable.

Fortunately we have already had multiple witnesses (as well as documentary evidence) that Trump abused power and obstructed congress. But, as always, the more confirmation we have the better.
The defense lawyers explained that to the Senate in no uncertain terms. Even if Trump actually did what the suspiciously timed leak attributed to Bolton said he did, it is not an impeachable offense.
Question: Who said: "If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president, and who abuses trust, and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime."

Hint: It wasn't someone on the Democrat's side.

It was Alan Dershowitz. You know, the guy who is currently defending Trump.

If the RINOs prevail and there are witnesses
I find it amazing how you might take anyone who might actually be a principled conservative and label them a "RINO" regardless of their political history and/or policy positions, just because they look at the actions of Trump and recognize it for the corrupt behavior that it is.

I'm thinking all it will do is end Biden's candidacy. Not even the Democrats' fake news action arm can cover up the Bidens' corruption in an impeachment trial.
And where exactly are Biden's crimes? His malfeasance?
 
I'm getting the impression that Schiff doesn't want Bolton to testify because he doesn't trust him. That somehow Bolton will change what he has to say about Trump and Ukraine.

What's wrong about all this is the refusal to provide the documents. Without them, you cannot be assured of the veracity of the testimonies.

And you are getting that impression from?

Cat's already out of the bag. Kind of silly to think Bolton is going to testify to something else.
 
OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America.

I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is.

America could have been great, and indeed was great. Somehow mediocrity was more appealing to them.
 
And you are getting that impression from?

Cat's already out of the bag. Kind of silly to think Bolton is going to testify to something else.

From Schiff.

What's really going to stop him? You do understand some Republican big shot with a lot of money can pay him off. Just imagine the impact of Bolton saying the manuscript is wrong. Trump and the GOP would have a field day.
 
From Schiff.

What's really going to stop him? You do understand some Republican big shot with a lot of money can pay him off. Just imagine the impact of Bolton saying the manuscript is wrong. Trump and the GOP would have a field day.

Yeah, no.

Sure that could happen. The four iffy GOP votes could be bought off, too.


Bolton's going to make a ton off that book. He's probably already rich. I get the impression he has some ethics, different from mine but he still has them.

Kelly was already backed Bolton up. Trump is calling Bolton a liar.

Seems like a lot of weight against your hypothesis.
 
Yeah, no.

Sure that could happen. The four iffy GOP votes could be bought off, too.


Bolton's going to make a ton off that book. He's probably already rich. I get the impression he has some ethics, different from mine but he still has them.

Kelly was already backed Bolton up. Trump is calling Bolton a liar.

Seems like a lot of weight against your hypothesis.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a hypothesis. It's more of a concern. Any lawyer will tell you that you never call a witness unless you know what they are going to say.

This is what is wrong about Trump refusing to allow Congress all the documents and witnesses it needs. If there was enough exculpatory evidence provided to the House, there wouldn't have been an impeachment hearing let alone having articles drawn.

I wouldn't put it past Trump and his cabal to lay a trap.
 
One minor correction. In an earlier post I said you "have to" allow both sides to call witnesses. That's not actually correct. If witnesses are called, I'm confident that they will allow both sides to call witnesses, but they don't actually have to. They only have to allow whatever 51 senators say they have to allow.

I find the talk of the Democrats and the Republicans "trading" Bolton for Biden to be absurd and a mischaracterization of the circumstances. The Republicans have 53 votes, and there are another 47 votes locked in for having Bolton as a witness. So if there is any negotiation, it is internal to the Republican party. Say there are 4 republican senators who would like administration witnesses. They are the ones negotiating with McConnell, not the Democrats.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed.

And this is moronic.

As I've said before, suppose there was a president who, immediately after taking the oath, moves to Wyoming and sits in a cabin watching tv all day. That person would justifiably be impeached, with no crimes committed. But why wouldn't you have a witness testify?
 
I find the talk of the Democrats and the Republicans "trading" Bolton for Biden to be absurd and a mischaracterization of the circumstances. The Republicans have 53 votes, and there are another 47 votes locked in for having Bolton as a witness. So if there is any negotiation, it is internal to the Republican party. Say there are 4 republican senators who would like administration witnesses. They are the ones negotiating with McConnell, not the Democrats.

Some observers are noting that the trading business is misleading. The Republican majority can subpoena anybody they want on their own: Bolton, Hunter Biden, Minnie Mouse. They're just trying to establish a talking point that the evil Dems wouldn't compromise with them.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed. The defense lawyers explained that to the Senate in no uncertain terms. Even if Trump actually did what the suspiciously timed leak attributed to Bolton said he did, it is not an impeachable offense. If the RINOs prevail and there are witnesses, I'm thinking all it will do is end Biden's candidacy. Not even the Democrats' fake news action arm can cover up the Bidens' corruption in an impeachment trial.

I find it amazing how you might take anyone who might actually be a principled conservative and label them a "RINO" regardless of their political history and/or policy positions, just because they look at the actions of Trump and recognize it for the corrupt behavior that it is.

The current GOP is the cult of Trump. BrooklynBaby's implicit admission.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed. The defense lawyers explained that to the Senate in no uncertain terms. Even if Trump actually did what the suspiciously timed leak attributed to Bolton said he did, it is not an impeachable offense. If the RINOs prevail and there are witnesses, I'm thinking all it will do is end Biden's candidacy. Not even the Democrats' fake news action arm can cover up the Bidens' corruption in an impeachment trial.

That's ******* nonsense. A criminal violation is not required. It never has been in any of the previous 14 individuals who have been impeached.
 
OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America.

I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is.

America could have been great, and indeed was great. Somehow mediocrity was more appealing to them.

Very well said. The big problem with republican politicians and voters is that they don’t care if the world thinks they are great as long as other Americans are fooled into thinking they are.
 
OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America.

I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is.

America could have been great, and indeed was great. Somehow mediocrity was more appealing to them.

As an American, sadly...I have to agree with you.
 
OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America. I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is...

It's even harder to watch it happen when you're in the United States. Trust me. :(
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom