• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The maximum length of a tweet is 280 characters. Maybe Trump wants to use up as may of those characters as possible (by inserting apostrophes in wrong places), to keep the leftover characters from being used by other people.

I thought he did that with "dot dot dot dot","dot dot dot dot dot" [/Colbert]
 
The maximum length of a tweet is 280 characters. Maybe Trump wants to use up as may of those characters as possible (by inserting apostrophes in wrong places), to keep the leftover characters from being used by other people.

Twitter went to 280 characters in 2017 from a max of 144. Coincidence?
 
The full quote about inventors is quite impressive.

"He does good at rockets". Truly words for the ages.
Yes, it certainly belongs on a list of inspirational quotes from the presidents.

George Washington: "Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."

John Adams: “To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.”

James Buchanan: “The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."

William Howard Taft: “We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.”

Trump: "He does good at rockets".

I mean, just look at how his quote fits in with the rest of of those statements!
 
Yes, it certainly belongs on a list of inspirational quotes from the presidents.

George Washington: "Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."

John Adams: “To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.”

James Buchanan: “The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."

William Howard Taft: “We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.”

Trump: "He does good at rockets".

I mean, just look at how his quote fits in with the rest of of those statements!

The other day I was thinking of Keenedy’s 1962 speech. His cadence, his passion.
“ We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.”

I wonder which of President Trump’s many speeches will be popular among high school students performing declamation 20 years from now.

Student: “I will be reciting President Trump’s “It’s a witch-hunt” speech from December 2019.
Moderator: “Please be more specific. Which “It’s a witch-hunt” speech from December 2019.
 
Also, President Kennedy’s speech to rally support for the West Berliners.
“Two thousand years ago, the proudest boast was civis romanus sum ["I am a Roman citizen"]. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is ’Ich bin ein Berliner!’... All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin, and therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words ’Ich bin ein Berliner!’​

The idea that President Trump could say something even remotely similar is unfathomable. I assert it is difficult to believe that President Trump could understand the sentiment well enough to explain it to a school child.
 
Also, President Kennedy’s speech to rally support for the West Berliners.
“Two thousand years ago, the proudest boast was civis romanus sum ["I am a Roman citizen"]. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is ’Ich bin ein Berliner!’... All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin, and therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words ’Ich bin ein Berliner!’​

The idea that President Trump could say something even remotely similar is unfathomable. I assert it is difficult to believe that President Trump could understand the sentiment well enough to explain it to a school child.

Trump probably thinks the Berlin Wall was built by the West to keep the East Germans out of West Berlin. And they made the East Germans pay for it. It was such a big, beautiful wall!:rolleyes:
 
Trump probably thinks the Berlin Wall was built by the West to keep the East Germans out of West Berlin. And they made the East Germans pay for it. It was such a big, beautiful wall!:rolleyes:

The gun towers were particularly impressive. He would love those.
 
The other day I was thinking of Keenedy’s 1962 speech. His cadence, his passion.
“ We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.”
Hey, Trump can speak with passion too!

I mean, just think of his campaign speech:

“They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people"

He sounded very passionate when he was engaging in racism.
 
Trump is building his wall. The Democrats' open borders solution to the opioid crisis isn't working.

Is Mexico "paying for it"?

And you're a moron if you believe his wall will slow illegal immigration or be anything more than a 5 billion, 10 billion, 15 billion and climbing boondoggle
 
Trump is building his wall. The Democrats' open borders solution to the opioid crisis isn't working.
You mean the wall with big huge gaps in it that smugglers can use to pass stuff through?

You mean the wall that smugglers have been cutting through with a saw they can get at any hardware store?

You mean the wall that can be climbed in seconds without anything more extravagant than a rope ladder?

You mean the wall that required Trump to divert millions of dollars from military projects?

You mean the wall that Mexico was going to pay for, and that Trump initially said would only cost $4 billion?

Given all the things that Trump and his supporters has claimed about the wall that have turned out to be completely wrong, why exactly should we believe you when you claim it will somehow address the opiod crisis?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/11/2/20945336/trump-border-wall-smugglers-saw-us-mexico

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...all-video-trump-us-mexico-climb-a9236656.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...y-projects-build-more-border-wall/2208166001/
 
Is Mexico "paying for it"?

And you're a moron if you believe his wall will slow illegal immigration or be anything more than a 5 billion, 10 billion, 15 billion and climbing boondoggle

I will be ignoring you for insinuating I didn't like Obama because he is black, based on nothing.
 
Is Mexico "paying for it"?

And you're a moron if you believe his wall will slow illegal immigration or be anything more than a 5 billion, 10 billion, 15 billion and climbing boondoggle

I will be ignoring you for insinuating I didn't like Obama because he is black, based on nothing.

Huh?

Where do you get that from that post?
 
Last edited:
I will be ignoring you for insinuating I didn't like Obama because he is black, based on nothing.
You are supporting a president who stated that "Neo-Nazis are fine people", who got fined for not renting to black people, and was criticized for insinuating that a judge can't be trusted because of his race. You are supporting a president who continues to employ Steve Miller, despite his links to racist groups, and who tweets pictures/memes with racist origins.

Trump is a racist and you are supporting him. That doesn't "sound like nothing". That certainly sounds like something. If this were any other republican president or candidate (such as Romney, or Bush, or McCain) it would not be an issue. People may not have liked their policies, but they never engaged in the type of blatant dog-whistle racism that Trump has.

In this day and age, racism should make a candidate a non-starter in political office, regardless of whatever policies they have. But you seem to accept Trump, racism and all. Anyone who IS a Trump supporter should automatically be suspect... either they ARE racist, or they are A-OK with racism (which, at some point, becomes functionally equivalent).
 
Last edited:

The whole inauguration was sleazy as hell, and infuriating to read about. I'm glad that someone is paying attention. In addition to Rick Gates, Melania's BFF could be implicated, if I recall correctly.

There were emails among the inauguration team openly discussing how they would be in big trouble if people saw the crazy rates that the hotel was charging for event space.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom