• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, A Record. Thank You!

...And they say you can add 7% to 10% to all Trump numbers! Who knows?
 
But Trump has made a big deal of how smart he is. When you spend so much time and effort bragging about just how smart you are, then an inability to understand something like the constitution suggests your claims about intelligence are overstated.


It could also be part of his ongoing attacks on the validity of the Constitution.
"I got sued on a thing called emoluments. Emoluments. You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before."

Now we're moving to "This is like a foreign language. Nobody understands it."
 
Trump Tweets

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, A Record. Thank You!

...And they say you can add 7% to 10% to all Trump numbers! Who knows?

So you're saying that you're at 102-105% approval? :confused:
 
But Trump has made a big deal of how smart he is. When you spend so much time and effort bragging about just how smart you are, then an inability to understand something like the constitution suggests your claims about intelligence are overstated.

You gotta understand that when Trump uses the phrase "smart" he doesn't mean it the way you, I, or any sane person would.

"Smart" is just another of those code words he's developed with his followers.
 
So you're saying that you're at 102-105% approval? :confused:

His approval ratings are so high that they sort of 'go right round the back' and start snaffling Dem voters too. Check the polls - his approval just went up 2-5% among Dems!

This is based on actual maths.
 
Trump Tweets

It was exactly three years ago today, January 20, 2017, that I was sworn into office. So appropriate that today is also MLK jr DAY. African-American Unemployment is the LOWEST in the history of our Country, by far. Also, best Poverty, Youth, and Employment numbers, ever. Great!
 
I guess it depends on your definition of better. But yeah.

However, this statistic might make you question having one.

A handgun in your home is seven times more likely to be used to kill a member of the household or an acquaintance of the household than a stranger.

I know that well. My grandmother shot her rat bastard of a husband dead after an argument combined with drinking. Then shot herself when she realized what she'd just done. If she hadn't had the damn gun in the house...
 
NOW THERE ARE ONLY 364 DAYS LEFT.

Trump Tweets

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, A Record. Thank You!

...And they say you can add 7% to 10% to all Trump numbers! Who knows?

A broken record. Since he keeps reTweeting it.

Please tell me that you added the "USA! USA! USA!" part to the quote.
That's it, in its entirety.
 

Attachments

  • Capturedtuse.JPG
    Capturedtuse.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
At the risk of being dragged down the same rabbit hole yet again...


I think the false assumption here is that some people feel they “need” to carry a gun because they’d feel “unsafe” otherwise.

My case is I feel quite safe when unarmed, which I am when traveling in a state that does not honor my concealed weapon permit. The only “active shooter” scenarios I’ve been involved with was when I was an officer in a high crime area and I was dispatched to such. Maybe it’s because I saw the reality of such incidents that I now like to be prepared for them, no matter how slight their likelihood. It’s not so much that I now feel “safer” when armed, more that I feel better prepared - “empowered” as it were.

And it’s not only mass shootings where a gun wielded by a responsible citizen can be beneficial. Many “smaller” encounters - someone going berserk with a machete, a man about to stab someone, for instance - where an armed citizen may find themselves in a position to prevent injury or death to a fellow citizen or citizens.

Add to that that for 8 1/2 years I was required to be armed when off duty. That amount of time is plenty for such to become ingrained a habit. One I still have after 30 years off the force.

Perhaps there exist paranoid gun nuts who carry with little or no training and with John Wayne fantasies. But those I know who do carry do not come close to meeting that description, and I suspect it’s mostly a caricature fostered by those who oppose citizen carry of concealed firearms.

You have a good point. But you are a trained ex-police officer, not the average Joe Blow on the street. You feel empowered...and that is exactly what I think most of those average Joe Blows feel. It makes them feel in control and powerful.
 
Translation, you'd agree with me if you just understood. :rolleyes:

You hold yourself to too high an esteem. Your post wasn't clever or arcane enough for me to misunderstnand it. But as I said it's irrelevant to my point. That some people use an argument wrongly doesn't make the argument wrong.

If you have something that addressed what I actually said, I'm all eyes.
 
There's probably an NDA to prevent outtakes from being shown. But it would be great if someone leaked them.

What I saw in one link was a pastiche with each person saying a few words. A very impressive cross-section. Trump's words were "the United States of America."
 
Trump Tweets

I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!
 
Trump Tweets

I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!

He's going to protect the Second Amendment by acquiring a gun, and learning to shoot it!

I suggest one of those oldtimey tiny lady pistols. Suitable for small, delicate hands.
 
He's going to protect the Second Amendment by acquiring a gun, and learning to shoot it!
He can test his marksmanship by finding someone on 5th avenue to shoot.

ETA: Just wondering... when you talked about protecting the 2nd by getting a gun and learning to shoot it, were you referring to learning to shoot the gun, or shooting the 2nd amendment (in a sort of "burn the villiage to save it" sort of way)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom