But Trump has made a big deal of how smart he is. When you spend so much time and effort bragging about just how smart you are, then an inability to understand something like the constitution suggests your claims about intelligence are overstated.
Trump Tweets
95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, A Record. Thank You!
...And they say you can add 7% to 10% to all Trump numbers! Who knows?
But Trump has made a big deal of how smart he is. When you spend so much time and effort bragging about just how smart you are, then an inability to understand something like the constitution suggests your claims about intelligence are overstated.
So you're saying that you're at 102-105% approval?![]()
Maybe I’m missing something. Isn’t a handgun much, much better than a rifle for home defense.
I guess it depends on your definition of better. But yeah.
However, this statistic might make you question having one.
A handgun in your home is seven times more likely to be used to kill a member of the household or an acquaintance of the household than a stranger.
Trump Tweets
95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, A Record. Thank You!
...And they say you can add 7% to 10% to all Trump numbers! Who knows?
That's it, in its entirety.Please tell me that you added the "USA! USA! USA!" part to the quote.
At the risk of being dragged down the same rabbit hole yet again...
I think the false assumption here is that some people feel they “need” to carry a gun because they’d feel “unsafe” otherwise.
My case is I feel quite safe when unarmed, which I am when traveling in a state that does not honor my concealed weapon permit. The only “active shooter” scenarios I’ve been involved with was when I was an officer in a high crime area and I was dispatched to such. Maybe it’s because I saw the reality of such incidents that I now like to be prepared for them, no matter how slight their likelihood. It’s not so much that I now feel “safer” when armed, more that I feel better prepared - “empowered” as it were.
And it’s not only mass shootings where a gun wielded by a responsible citizen can be beneficial. Many “smaller” encounters - someone going berserk with a machete, a man about to stab someone, for instance - where an armed citizen may find themselves in a position to prevent injury or death to a fellow citizen or citizens.
Add to that that for 8 1/2 years I was required to be armed when off duty. That amount of time is plenty for such to become ingrained a habit. One I still have after 30 years off the force.
Perhaps there exist paranoid gun nuts who carry with little or no training and with John Wayne fantasies. But those I know who do carry do not come close to meeting that description, and I suspect it’s mostly a caricature fostered by those who oppose citizen carry of concealed firearms.
NOW THERE ARE ONLY 364 DAYS LEFT.
As usual you've managed to completely misunderstand the argument. Nicely done.
Translation, you'd agree with me if you just understood.![]()
So you're saying that you're at 102-105% approval?![]()
There's probably an NDA to prevent outtakes from being shown. But it would be great if someone leaked them.
It's like the war on Christmas or QAnon. The threat to the Second Amendment doesn't really exist but mouthing off about the threat keeps the proles in line, scared and unthinking.Trump Tweets
I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!
Trump Tweets
I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!
He can test his marksmanship by finding someone on 5th avenue to shoot.He's going to protect the Second Amendment by acquiring a gun, and learning to shoot it!
Trump Tweets
I will NEVER allow our great Second Amendment to go unprotected, not even a little bit!