• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

Now Mini Mike Bloomberg is critical of Jack Wilson, who saved perhaps hundreds of people in a Church because he was carrying a gun, and knew how to use it. Jack quickly killed the shooter, who was beginning a rampage. Mini is against the 2nd A. His ads are Fake, just like him!
 
What I find terribly sad is that so many people feel they have the need to carry a gun on them...even to church. Doesn't say much for us as a country that they feel so unsafe.
 
Could you please provide the link to this? I'd love to read it.

I said “would” because I was speculating.

I, personally, do not think it was unreasonable speculation, but I am willing to change my mind if presented with a reasonable argument.
 
In China, yes they are. iPhone is made in China.
In the U.S. we have "national security letters" which can compel companies to cooperate with authorities while simultaneously placing them under gag order.

Lots of countries have some mechanism like this.

So why target Huwawei specifically?

Has any existing Huwawei infrastructure been demonstrated to perform in a way that would (intentionally) compromise a secure connection/share information with unauthorized parties?
 
Geroge Washington didn't have an Airforce. Donald Trump has a Space Force.

Nuh uh....Washington's troops "manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports". Obviously, if he had airports and manned the air he had an Air Force. Sheesh.
 
What I find terribly sad is that so many people feel they have the need to carry a gun on them...even to church. Doesn't say much for us as a country that they feel so unsafe.
You say that like it's a bad thing. When everyone feels that they have to carry a gun to be safe then America will have achieved peak greatness.
 
You say that like it's a bad thing. When everyone feels that they have to carry a gun to be safe then America will have achieved peak greatness.

I have never understood the fetish of owning guns and I own 4. I could care less about them. The only one I've fired more than a couple of times is a shotgun I use to carry for hunting birds and rabbits with my father. The other 3 were gifts sort of. Two of them I inherited from my father and the last one was a WW1 relic a neighbor gave me for doing some computer work. I keep meaning to sell them.

But I had an ex brother in law who probably had 30. But he's from Alaska which is the most gun happy place on the planet. Still, I thought he was nuts and hated him being with my sister.
 
I have never understood the fetish of owning guns and I own 4. I could care less about them. The only one I've fired more than a couple of times is a shotgun I use to carry for hunting birds and rabbits with my father. The other 3 were gifts sort of. Two of them I inherited from my father and the last one was a WW1 relic a neighbor gave me for doing some computer work. I keep meaning to sell them.

But I had an ex brother in law who probably had 30. But he's from Alaska which is the most gun happy place on the planet. Still, I thought he was nuts and hated him being with my sister.

Years ago, my husband brought home a gun he was given by a friend in exchange for some work. I didn't like it then...and a few years later when I got pregnant, I told him to get rid of it. He did....he sold it to my BIL. This guy keeps a loaded rifle under his bed. He lives in a very nice neighborhood with virtually no violent crime or burglaries. And he has a home security system so why he feels he needs to keep a loaded rifle is beyond me. But this guy has a fetish for knives, too. It's just weird.
 
You say that like it's a bad thing. When everyone feels that they have to carry a gun to be safe then America will have achieved peak greatness.
Nope.

When that happens, the gun-nuts will want to carry bigger guns and more guns than their imaginary attackers who have guns. Logically this will lead to all Americans packing as many heavy weapons and ammo as they can carry everywhere they go.

guns.gif

Just popping down to the 7-11 for some milk.
 
Years ago, my husband brought home a gun he was given by a friend in exchange for some work. I didn't like it then...and a few years later when I got pregnant, I told him to get rid of it. He did....he sold it to my BIL. This guy keeps a loaded rifle under his bed. He lives in a very nice neighborhood with virtually no violent crime or burglaries. And he has a home security system so why he feels he needs to keep a loaded rifle is beyond me. But this guy has a fetish for knives, too. It's just weird.

Maybe I’m missing something. Isn’t a handgun much, much better than a rifle for home defense.
 
Nuh uh....Washington's troops "manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports". Obviously, if he had airports and manned the air he had an Air Force. Sheesh.

I forgot that he "manned" the air. I thought he just had airports but no airplanes. Still, Washington was the first to declare war on Christmas. Trump's a much better president, accomplishing more in two years than Washington did in eight. Our economy is fantastic. The best ever. Look at Black unemployment. George's biggest accomplishment was standing up in a boat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom