Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist., Moderator
10 dollars says he counts this as a #4 answer hit.
The thought had crossed my mind. It all depends on if #4 is the answer he claims to have written.
Last edited:
10 dollars says he counts this as a #4 answer hit.
JayUtah is, in my estimation, the finest example of a ISF member that one could ask for.
It is true that he is human and sometimes lets a little frustration show through his posts...
Finding any flaw in his understanding of experimental science is close to unheard of.
He gave me that one and I still count it as a triumph.
Just do the maths and prove you actually know how to do it, as anyone who claimed to be doing serious testing would.The hit rate of 50% does not have any particular significance in my tests. I would like (ideally) a hit rate of 100% for credible answers, and a hit rate of 0% for non-credible ones.
It happened in this thread. The other guy was right, and I cheerfully accepted the correction. This is why we do science in teams.
This is a p-value calculation, using the binomial distribution. The answer is provided for example by any online binomial calculator, such as this one: https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx.How many people would have to pick the correct answer out of 4 for the result of your testing to be statistically significant?
...
It may be interesting to introduce a credibility threshold, equal to CR=5, for exemple. Then, GregInAustin's answer (CR=2) is eliminated, and I obtain 3+4 = 7 ("strongly") credible answers for the two tests (on this forum, so far), all of which are numerically correct. The probability for this is equal to p = (1/4)7 = 6.10 x 10-5 (assuming a 25% probability of answering correctly, for each answer). ...
I actually like all quality answers, even non-credible answers can be of interest. From the online binomial calculator, I find that, if 8 answers are given, with four possible answers (like 1, 2, 3 or 4), at least 5 of those must be correct in order to have a p-value less than the conventional threshold of 5% (then p=0.02729).I asked "How many people would have to pick the correct answer out of 4 for the result of your testing to be statistically significant?", not "How many people whose answers you like would have to pick the correct answer out of 4 for the result of your testing to be statistically significant?", and you didn't actually answer either question.
You have a pretty serious victimization complex going on there. Dial down the paranoia a few notches, please.
I don't think that we need on this forum people who seem to enjoy constantly attacking and disparaging others. The goal of a forum like this is helping each other in a spirit of honesty. If your goal is to attack others, I think you should quit posting.
I found that eight answers were credible
This is a p-value calculation, using the binomial distribution. The answer is provided for example by any online binomial calculator, such as this one: https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx.
For example, in my first two tests on this forum, I found that eight answers were credible (3 in the first test and 5 in the second), and that seven of those only were correct (with a hit rate of 7/8=87.5%). The p-value is p= 0.00038146973, and is statistically significant (probability of success on a single trial = 0.25 because of four possible answers).
I actually did such a p-value calculation at the end of my second test, using a somewhat different method:
A previous test we helped him design and run here allowed him to continue to assess the credibility of the answers but obliged him to make those assessments without knowing whether the answer was correct or not, to remove any (conscious or unconscious) bias. Needless to say that test produced the result expected by chance. Once he knew which answers were correct he simply changed his credibility ratings to favour them and claimed victory anyway.This right here is a major problem.
You need to eliminate the ability or need for you to determine that an answer to your test is credible or not and then using that determination to choose which answer are correct or not.
This process of yours makes your test appear biased and unscientific.
And they're still making changes to materials, widths, methods of encoding and more to this day. IBM, I believe, just debuted a new tape system where each reel can hold something like 12 terabytes of data.
The thought had crossed my mind. It all depends on if #4 is the answer he claims to have written.
I have to second(or third or fourth)what Loss Leader said about Jay. I have learned a great deal from his postings. I believe your problem is that he keeps taking you to task for your misuse of science and flawed tests and results. Unfortunately, I believe he keeps talking to you on a level that is above your understanding, though your professed education level says you should understand it all perfectly.
The link of the question is: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200109121050AAhdcmn , the URL of the Alternative category is: https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396547171&link=list.Which of the following is true?
1. The Earth is flat.
2. It's not unusual to be followed by translucent/transparent entities.
...
8. Domestic cats were genetically engineered by an alien race.
9. There's another bad sun behind our sun.
10. There have been 6/7 clones of Barack Obama (maybe more).
This is a p-value calculation, using the binomial distribution.
The answer is provided for example by any online binomial calculator, such as this one: https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx.
For example, in my first two tests on this forum...
I found that eight answers were credible...
3 in the first test and 5 in the second...
probability of success on a single trial = 0.25 because of four possible answers.
I actually like all quality answers, even non-credible answers can be of interest. From the online binomial calculator, I find that, if 8 answers are given, with four possible answers (like 1, 2, 3 or 4), at least 5 of those must be correct in order to have a p-value less than the conventional threshold of 5% (then p=0.02729).
Yahoo just removed, once again, an interesting question...