• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

The Witch Hunt is sputtering badly, but still going on (Ukraine Hoax!). If this....

....had happened to a Presidential candidate, or President, who was a Democrat...

Whaddya mean by "if"? The Starr investigation that lasted 5 years. Benghazi (7!!! different investigations), etc., etc., etc.

History to Trump is the last few minutes.
 
.....I figure the last thing the republicans want is to actually have some success over this... much like their failed health care bill, if they win, they risk alienating not only the opposition, but a certain segment of their own voters who will be harmed as a result.

Yes, and they would lose a potent campaign issue claiming that the Dems are a bunch of baby killers.
 
Don't know how different but this could be bad, very bad. The Iranian is no match for the US military but others could join in. But just having a US president who goes around killing officials of other countries is bad a trend to start.

That's not the concern; Iran won't directly face the US military. Instead there will be an increase in bombings and assassinations not only in the USA but around the world.
 
WWI started after an assassination of an Austrian archduke and his wife. Few realized what it would lead to.

This piece of **** hardly understands what he has initiated. He wanted, needed to appear tough despite (and perhaps counteract) his cowardly Vietnam-era draft-dodging, and he authorized an action lacking any meaningful strategic objective. His simpering, quisling staff acquiesced to his impulsive, infantile reactions and the military will necessarily have to clean up his mess. His abysmal ignorance of history, diplomacy, and global strategy is a feature rather than a bug to his imbecilic base and the rest of us will suffer for it.

It's hardly possible to imagine a president more lacking in the skills it takes to be president, yet he garners enough simpleton support to succeed in another election cycle, stumbling and bumbling our country into a socio-economic and environmental morass that benefits only the affluent, leaving the vast majority of his sycophants looking for a scapegoat.

MAGA is a dodge, a con, a placebo crafted by a staff dedicated to a narcissistic adolescent that never achieved a single thing on his own initiative, yet convinced idiots to act against their own self-interest. He is as stupid as his followers, though richer, and there are just enough of them to assure another electoral college victory.

Suck it progressives, moderates, democrats; you are done for the foreseeable future. Go ahead and prove me wrong, I dare you, I wish you success.
 
Last edited:
Trump is expanding US oil and gas production. That, more than anything else he could do, is weakening Putin. That alone proves he’s not Putin’s puppet. There’s a reason Putin backs environmentalists in the US. Had Trump not been doing that, the other stuff you refer to might be relevant. But he is, so it isn’t.

Go get 'em, Trump. Who gives a **** about a few meters of sea level rise when we can show Putin that we're the big bad bully on the block.

USA! Trump! USA! Trump! USA! Trump! USA! Trump!
 
T
MAGA is a dodge, a con, a placebo crafted by a staff dedicated to a narcissistic adolescent that never achieved a single thing on his own initiative, yet convinced idiots to act against their own self-interest. He is as stupid as his followers, though richer, and there are just enough of them to assure another electoral college victory.
Something happened to me today. I was in line behind this elderly woman wearing a MAGA hat at the supermarket. I resisted saying anything about Trump. The woman then started writing a check which I hadn't seen anyone do at the supermarket for years. I did make a comment about that not negatively just mentioning that I hadn't seen anyone do that in a long time. The woman went on a rant about how the cards were the beginning of the downfall of America.

What do you say to such wilfull stupidity and ignorance? I smiled and just nodded my head.
 
Well, no. Obama did nothing to expand oil and gas production. It expanded despite him, not because of him. It was driven by technological advances he had no real part in. Trump took action to expand production by opening up federal land to new drilling leases.

Zig, you poo-poo'ed a previous comment on this topic by stating the proposed time scale was too long. Yet, here you suggest opening up lease areas has the desired effect on Russian behavior. Yet it takes YEARS from opening up a lease area to actual production, much less enough production to affect Russian behavior.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
 
That's not the concern; Iran won't directly face the US military. Instead there will be an increase in bombings and assassinations not only in the USA but around the world.

This assumes that Iran has additional warmaking capacity that they have not exercised for strategic reasons, and because of this attack they're giving up their strategic priorities for a vengeance mission.

To me, this is like saying that Germany would oppose the Allied landings in Normandy not out of strategic necessity but out of emotional turmoil.

I think a more reasonable assumption is that Iran will carry out the attacks it was planning anyway, and that this death will provide nothing to more than a transparent propaganda excuse for the violence they were going to do anyway.

I hope nobody in this thread is buying into the Iranian propaganda.
 
This assumes that Iran has additional warmaking capacity that they have not exercised for strategic reasons, and because of this attack they're giving up their strategic priorities for a vengeance mission.
Ya lost me. I was asserting that Iran would not go head-to-head with the US military. Do you disagree?
 
Something happened to me today. I was in line behind this elderly woman wearing a MAGA hat at the supermarket. I resisted saying anything about Trump. The woman then started writing a check which I hadn't seen anyone do at the supermarket for years. I did make a comment about that not negatively just mentioning that I hadn't seen anyone do that in a long time. The woman went on a rant about how the cards were the beginning of the downfall of America.

What do you say to such wilfull stupidity and ignorance? I smiled and just nodded my head.

My parents never had debit cards, credit cards, OR EVEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT! They paid for everything in cash or, if they needed to mail a payment, with a money order. Only after my mother's death in 2003 were we (my sister and I) finally able to convince my father to get a checking account, but one of us would write the check and he would sign it.

But they weren't stupid, they grew up in the Depression and didn't trust banks. There were a lot in their generation like that.

My mother never voted in her whole life. My father was a liberal Democrat (and, long ago, a member of the Communist Party). He died in 2012, and he would be appalled at what is going on now.
 
This assumes that Iran has additional warmaking capacity that they have not exercised for strategic reasons, and because of this attack they're giving up their strategic priorities for a vengeance mission.

To me, this is like saying that Germany would oppose the Allied landings in Normandy not out of strategic necessity but out of emotional turmoil.

I think a more reasonable assumption is that Iran will carry out the attacks it was planning anyway, and that this death will provide nothing to more than a transparent propaganda excuse for the violence they were going to do anyway.

I hope nobody in this thread is buying into the Iranian propaganda.

Nor the American propoganda.
 
Something happened to me today. I was in line behind this elderly woman wearing a MAGA hat at the supermarket. I resisted saying anything about Trump. The woman then started writing a check which I hadn't seen anyone do at the supermarket for years. I did make a comment about that not negatively just mentioning that I hadn't seen anyone do that in a long time. The woman went on a rant about how the cards were the beginning of the downfall of America.

What do you say to such wilfull stupidity and ignorance? I smiled and just nodded my head.
I’m surprised. Usually blame goes to the Yankees.
 
My parents never had debit cards, credit cards, OR EVEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT! They paid for everything in cash or, if they needed to mail a payment, with a money order. Only after my mother's death in 2003 were we (my sister and I) finally able to convince my father to get a checking account, but one of us would write the check and he would sign it.

But they weren't stupid, they grew up in the Depression and didn't trust banks. There were a lot in their generation like that.

My mother never voted in her whole life. My father was a liberal Democrat (and, long ago, a member of the Communist Party). He died in 2012, and he would be appalled at what is going on now.

It's not that she wrote a check. Obviously, she trusted the banks enough to have a checking account. It's to her that the use of debit cards was a reason for the downfall of the country. This country has issues but the use of debit cards is certainly no more of a problem than checking accounts are.

What makes older people so nostalgic for yesteryear that blinds them about what really wasn't good then and what isn't bad today. Whereas I think the music was generally better from say 1950 to 1985, it was also less expensive to rent back then and higher education was also cheaper, and it was less crowded, almost everything else is better today.

That's not to say we don't have issues.
 
How coincidental this all happened when Trump felt his ego under attack with the Impeachment. He wants to be seen as the best POTUS ever. He says it all the time. Now that is marred, despite the fact Trump is denying it's a big deal. He's wagging the dog and it's very dangerous.
I'm wondering if this assassination was done specifically to make the impeachment more difficult. Bush was not popular before 9/11 but his approval rating soared afterward. Could this have been a calculated move to make Trump appear as if he has 'saved' Americans from this (alleged) "imminent and sinister" attack that he and Pompeo claim was about to occur? In is announcement, Trump stressed how 'under (his) leadership' this alleged attack was stopped. I seriously doubt Trump thought through the possible/likely consequences of this action and was more concerned about the good press he thought this would bring him.

Trump Tweets

11/29/11 - In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

1/17/12 - @BarackObama will attack Iran in order to get re-elected.

9/16/13 - I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran to save face!

11/10/13 -Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled!


He's already told us what goes through his head when it comes to dealing with and war with Iran, after all.

Bwahahahah. Ziggurat thinks Trump is a successful person. Bwahahahah.

He's President. That is success, right there, by most metrics. Thus, I would suggest not trying to fight that particular fight. When it comes to Ziggurat thinking that Trump is smart rather than having just enough low cunning to trick those who want to be tricked (and will frequently give Trump a lot of help to do so) and a good enough grasp of kayfabe after his involvement with pro wrestling to use it to his advantage, there's grounds to dispute, but not really when it comes to whether or not Trump qualifies as successful.

I shed no tears over Soleimani buying the farm;he had plenty of blood on his hands.
But whether killing him is a wise move is another matter completely. I don't see how his removal solves anything.
It's not like he was irreplaceable genius the way that Yamamoto..another targeted killing... was In World War 2.

I'm much in agreement with this and, as noted earlier in this post and before, I don't think that Trump's motives are even remotely pure or have anything to do with the good of the US.
 
Last edited:
Go get 'em, Trump. Who gives a **** about a few meters of sea level rise when we can show Putin that we're the big bad bully on the block.

USA! Trump! USA! Trump! USA! Trump! USA! Trump!

Whether his decision is good or bad isn’t the point here. Even if you think it’s bad, it’s still not what Putin would want. Or did you forget what was under discussion?
 
When it comes to Ziggurat thinking that Trump is smart rather than having just enough low cunning to trick those who want to be tricked

I didn’t say he was smart. I said he wasn’t stupid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom