• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, there will be no witnesses called, and the entire Senate 'trial' will last exactly one day.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...lity-of-quick-impeachment-trial-idUSKBN1YE2RH

The Majority Leader today said that 51 senators could come together (a majority of the 100 senators) and quickly decide "that they’ve heard enough already and believe they know what would happen and we can move to vote immediately on these two articles of impeachment sent over to us by the House."
Earlier news accounts said it was unlikely McConnell had those 51 votes. It looks like he's shoving it under the rug and that looks bad.

I guess we won't know until McConnell acts, or until that particular vote. I wouldn't put it past dictator McConnell though to make that move.

That Reuter's article claimed Trump would want the trial because he's been saying so. That's laughable. He'd be fine declaring victory regardless.
 
Earlier news accounts said it was unlikely McConnell had those 51 votes. It looks like he's shoving it under the rug and that looks bad.

I guess we won't know until McConnell acts, or until that particular vote. I wouldn't put it past dictator McConnell though to make that move.

That Reuter's article claimed Trump would want the trial because he's been saying so. That's laughable. He'd be fine declaring victory regardless.

If there's one thing we know about Trump is that he has a strong reputation for honesty. Based on that, we can always take him at his word. :rolleyes:
 
You're oversimplifying. The actual rule is, Trump always lies, except when the anti-Trump narrative requires him to be telling the truth.

And you're ignoring the ...what is it now...oh..yes... almost 14,000 verified lies and misinformation he's spouted so far?

Come on, prestige, you know he's a massive liar but your defense of him has become so knee jerk.
 
Last edited:
And you're ignoring the ...what is it now...oh..yes... almost 14,000 verified lies and misinformation he's spouted so far?

Come on, prestige, you know he's a massive liar but your defense if him has become so knee jerk.

Slow your roll. I agree with you. Trump is a massive liar. Which is why it's funny when SG decides he must be telling the truth about wanting a trial, for no other reason than that she needs it to be true.
 
Slow your roll. I agree with you. Trump is a massive liar. Which is why it's funny when SG decides he must be telling the truth about wanting a trial, for no other reason than that she needs it to be true.

That is not what I understood SG to be saying at all. She said:

That Reuter's article claimed Trump would want the trial because he's been saying so. That's laughable. He'd be fine declaring victory regardless.

Perhaps SG could clarify that for us?
 
Slow your roll. I agree with you. Trump is a massive liar. Which is why it's funny when SG decides he must be telling the truth about wanting a trial, for no other reason than that she needs it to be true.


Honestly, whether Trump wants a trial or not at any given moment probably depends on whether the last person he spoke to thought it was a good idea or not.
 
Without another wonderful trip down "Pointless semantics that don't matter" avenue Trump can be dishonest all the time without outright lying all the time.
 
Imagine that he's a Russian robot, designed to act like humans and failing miserably.

I can imagine a lot of things. What have you got that's, you know, remotely similar to reality?

You do know that Birtherism started with Jerome Corsi after he found out his 9/11No Planer Book was debunked Right?
Trump adopted Birtherism from Corsi and Stone and went on to found his political Career.
 
Slow your roll. I agree with you. Trump is a massive liar. Which is why it's funny when SG decides he must be telling the truth about wanting a trial, for no other reason than that she needs it to be true.

You need to re-read my post. I said no such thing. I said the opposite. :rolleyes:
 
That is not what I understood SG to be saying at all. She said:

Perhaps SG could clarify that for us?

I thought it was pretty clear. Trump is claiming he wants a trial. Reuters took his word for it.

They went on to claim Trump would be angry if the GOP in the Senate denied Trump a trial.

That's absurd. He doesn't care as long as nothing happens to him.
 
OMG. Toadie Ken Buck cited Kathy Griffin and Robert De Niro.
There are a gazillion horrid alt-righters the Democrats could bring up.

The Republicans aren't the least bit interested in any defense of Trump. Notice everything they are blurting out in their faux outrage is simply to attack the Democrats and their motives?

I had to stop watching, you hear 15 minutes, you've heard everything that is going to be brought up. I did hear the Kathy Griffin comment.

I do hope Nadler, in his summing up, points out none of the GOP said Trump didn't do it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom