• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bug-Eyed Bolshevik

It's not less stupid the next time around, mate.

is ignoring not only the results of the Mueller Investigation

Have. You. Read. The. Report?

but Zelensky's repeated assertions that there was no pressure at all.

Do you often take the word of the hostage that he's under no danger at all?

No amount of lies can change the facts

You should take that to heart.
 
It certainly seems to reflect your reasoning when in the past you have presented your reasoning as:

and

If you had something else (other than how I just described it) in mind, I'd like to hear it.

Theprestige voted Trump as a **** you to this forum?

Talk about petty.
 
Oh but Imagine if a conspiracy theory that Trump endorsed And Spread, a Conspiracy theory Originated By a 9/11No Planer, that Trump Partnered with. Put a Constituents of Mitch McConnell's life in danger. Imagine that Constituents who Knew Mitch McConnell, who was given a Card By one of Mitch McConnell aids and Told any Time he needed Mitch McConnell just call. Now Imagine an Internet hate group was targeting that Constituent, and he was cut by a Knife on the arm on Dixie Hwy, in Louisville KY. When a Birther Tried to stab him in the back, Then Imagine, that he called Mitch McConnell's office from a pay phone near Fort Knox Requesting The number to the FBI. Then Imagine when he told Mitch's office he was being targeted Because an idiot on cable was promoting a book, by a 9/11 no planer. Then Imagine Mitch's Office critizised him, and told him to go find a phone book, and Hung up the phone.
What would happen if that went public?

Imagine a buzzword salad!
 
Can I just check that the Democrat led part of the system is going to ask the Republican led part of the system to impeach the Republican president and they're going to say 'no'?

I realise this may be answered in the thread but it's awfully long.
 
Can I just check that the Democrat led part of the system is going to ask the Republican led part of the system to impeach the Republican president and they're going to say 'no'?

I realise this may be answered in the thread but it's awfully long.

They have to have a Trial that's what the Democrates are counting on and If Bolton's testimony in that is damaging enough Republicans May lose the Senate and the Presidential election as well.
Bolton is the lose wheel Republicans can't do anything about.
 
I still hold it was a major blunder making the impeachment charges so “narrow”.

I would have preferred that several obstruction charges from the Mueller report be included. And possibly at least one emoluments violation. I have not seen a convincing argument against doing so.

Republicans are already jumping on the limited charges, asking “That’s all?” and putting forth “They’re not even crimes”. Whereas offenses outlined in Mueller were crimes, with all three elements of the crime of obstruction laid out.

I fear that yet again, the Democrats are being outplayed.
 
Last edited:
Can I just check that the Democrat led part of the system is going to ask the Republican led part of the system to impeach the Republican president and they're going to say 'no'?

I realise this may be answered in the thread but it's awfully long.

Yes. That's all that was ever going to happen because the Republicans have abandoned the very concept of rule of law and all the Dems have is to bluster yet again about how the rules say they can't do that.
 
Last edited:
These are meant to be co-equal branches that work together to run the country. The founders would never have given the House the responsibility of impeachment without giving it the right to investigate.

In case you were sleeping in civics class, the House of Representatives is not co-equal to the executive branch. The bicameral legislative branch is comprised of two bodies, The HoR and The Senate with impeachment (similar but by no means identical to indictment) being delegated to The HoR and conviction/removal from office delegated to The Senate.
 
Last edited:
I would have preferred that several obstruction charges from the Mueller report be included. And possibly at least one emoluments violation. I have not seen a convincing argument against doing so.

Agreed. The best argument I've seen so far is that the goal is to focus tightly on preventing cheating in 2020, in as efficient and timely a manner as possible, but I don't find that terribly persuasive myself, since cheating in 2016 ought to have consequences as well.

Republicans are already jumping on the limited charges, asking “That’s all?” and putting forth “They’re not even crimes”.

18 U.S.C. §201(b)(2) though... :boxedin:
 
Last edited:
Well, that SETTLES IT.

I've seen talking heads who presumably are in the know, and they too are unsure about Roberts' role. We're in semi-uncharted territory.

Now THAT is true. The Senate has the sole authority to try a President. But the Constitution is clear that the Chief Justice presides over the trial. The argument that Senate rules take precedent over what the Chief Justice might decide is not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom