• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fan of Harris, but that is really hitting below the belt. Just what one shoud expect from a Trump supporter.


It'll be okay, Harris is a professional at taking hits(among other things) below the belt.
 
That seems to be the GOP's core constituency....


There will be no POC on the December 19 Democratic Party debate stage, only six white faces. Something must be done to appease the oppressed victim classes the Democrats pander to.

I suggest dressing up old Joe Biden in blackface. It shouldn't be a problem for the modern Democratic Party in the post Rotham blackface era, especially with all the street cred Joe earned himself with the "Corn Pop" incident.
 
Not too racist to elect an African American man though.
Not too sexist to vote for a white woman though.
But the two together is just too much for them, right? :confused:

As a matter of fact, that's entirely possible. The entire theory of intersectionality was developed because many companies discriminated against black women, in particular, and courts were divided on whether or not the victims had a legal basis for redress. The counter was "Well, yes, they laid off every black woman regardless of performance review, line of work, etc., but they still have black people, and they still have women, and you can't just invent a new protected class by combining race and gender into one."
 
There will be no POC on the December 19 Democratic Party debate stage, only six white faces. Something must be done to appease the oppressed victim classes the Democrats pander to.
I suggest dressing up old Joe Biden in blackface. It shouldn't be a problem for the modern Democratic Party in the post Rotham blackface era, especially with all the street cred Joe earned himself with the "Corn Pop" incident.

"Talk to the females and the negros about their political concerns? Why we'll never stoop to such pandering. Now, my fellow white men, let's talk about how awful it is that the last Ghostbusters movie starred four females, one of whom was a gori-I mean, black!"

Been saying for years, nobody complains more about the most minor things than reactionary white men, particularly those who think that no other group should ever voice a concern about anything.
 
Last edited:
She persuaded 15,897 primary voters in an incredibly blue district; not exactly a national barometer.

I think you missed the point that her opponent was also blue. Not just random blue, either. A long-running incumbent with party leadership positions.

I take your point about primaries not being the general, however, I also make no secret of how sick to death of that I am.

One party runs a primary where the candidates are unashamedly from their party and then in the general continues to act unashamedly like their party.

Another party runs a primary where half the people running are kinda feeling things out here, testing the waters there, would like to remind you that our bold mission is optional and by the time the general gets going are running full tilt away from everything that happened in the primary.
 
The fact is, there are unions that have negotiated favorable insurance coverage. I have no doubt the union members wouldn't appreciate a potential downgrade in coverage.

They would appreciate taking leverage away from the bosses. Plus, unions can still negotiate for supplemental coverage on top of M4A. I mean, the ones in my family like that idea. But what do they know, they are just a couple of generations of actual union members.

Well, that went south quickly. (1) I don't know that (2) I very much don't appreciate mind reading presumptiousness and (3) It's not a lie in any case. Obviously, there is a long process before a bill materializes. If you think a campaign proposal actually becomes identical legislation, you are notably ignorant of the way things work.

Well, now you know, it is a debunked Republican talking point. Now, you can not only stop using it, but you can also step up when others use it and help them out.
 
The odd thing about Harris dropping out is that she had qualified for December's debate. Currently included on the debate stage are:

Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders
Amy Klobuchar
Pete Buttigieg
Tom Steyer

Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard are close; each needs one more poll. Note that Corey Booker is still on the outside; he has not hit 4% in any DNC-approved polls.
 
What is that supposed to mean?


I'm pretty sure I recall reading on this site that you are a nurse. I'm also pretty sure they teach anatomy classes in nursing school. So I'm pretty sure you know what was getting hit by Willie Brown's Willie and its location respective to one's belt.
 
I'm pretty sure I recall reading on this site that you are a nurse. I'm also pretty sure they teach anatomy classes in nursing school. So I'm pretty sure you know what was getting hit by Willie Brown's Willie and its location respective to one's belt.

Oh like that makes more sense. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders
Amy Klobuchar
Pete Buttigieg
Tom Steyer

Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard are close; each needs one more poll. Note that Corey Booker is still on the outside; he has not hit 4% in any DNC-approved polls.


Oh geez, six white people up on the main stage and three POC relegated to second-class status. Are the Democrats going to go full nostalgic and hang a "whites only" sign above the stage?
 
Evidently Willie Brown refers to the former mayor of San Francisco Willie Brown. At some point in the 1990s he dated Kamala Harris, and her appointment to a couple of CA state commissions led to charges of favoritism, cronyism, etc.

I guess this is what passes for important news in Trumpistan, with a side order of creepy reference to a woman's sex life.
 
Evidently Willie Brown refers to the former mayor of San Francisco Willie Brown. At some point in the 1990s he dated Kamala Harris, and her appointment to a couple of CA state commissions led to charges of favoritism, cronyism, etc.

I guess this is what passes for important news in Trumpistan, with a side order of creepy reference to a woman's sex life.

He was Speaker of the California State Assembly at the time.

It's possible to have concerns about that in terms of cronyism aside from all the salacious and misogynist hay that gets made of it.
 
The fact is, there are unions that have negotiated favorable insurance coverage. I have no doubt the union members wouldn't appreciate a potential downgrade in coverage.

Union members have had their insurance plans gradually stripped away steadily for decades now, along with pensions and other benefits. Plus, union-provided or not, insurance companies are still insurance companies and will always care more about profit than actually providing care. Around ten years ago (shortly before he had to retire due to disability) my dad's union healthcare provider tried to use a technicality to avoid paying for an expensive procedure. At the time, my dad had to have two surgeries, and took time off to have both back-to-back. Because my dad technically wasn't working when the second procedure took place, they said they didn't have to pay for it. If my dad didn't have documentation of the company telling him to schedule the procedures like that, they probably would have gotten away with it. A year or two later, one of his friends in the same union was diagnosed with cancer and ended up going bankrupt because their insurance refused to pay his medical bills as the result of a similar technicality. Yes, literally bankrupt - the last time I saw the guy he was gaunt and living out of his car that was parked at the shipyard he worked at. Seeing that has made me incredibly skeptical of the typical talking points about protecting union insurance plans; even when speaking positively about their insurance, my dad and his friends would still regularly complain about how much their benefits would be cut every year.

Like Delvo said, no one likes their health insurance. People like having access to healthcare, and that's something an increasing amount of people - even union workers - can't count on anymore, and they know that. Having access to health coverage is all anyone will care about. Assuming they won't understand that they'll have coverage regardless of where it's coming from comes off as patronizing to me.

It's not a lie in any case.

It's at the very least buying into the republican framing wholesale. There's no use trying to discuss a better healthcare system if you're already conceding the point that there's no way it's going to work. Talking about it in the terms you keep using is incredibly counterproductive.
 
Last edited:
They would appreciate taking leverage away from the bosses. Plus, unions can still negotiate for supplemental coverage on top of M4A. I mean, the ones in my family like that idea. But what do they know, they are just a couple of generations of actual union members.
An anecdote...


Well, now you know, it is a debunked Republican talking point. Now, you can not only stop using it, but you can also step up when others use it and help them out.
... that's nowhere near as convincing as you think it is.

"Now you know" is highly presumptuous and pompous. Funny(?) that you wrote that in reply to a post in which I called out precisely that sort of discourteous bs.
 
It's at the very least buying into the republican framing wholesale.
I don't care one bit. That's not a filter through which I view things.

There's no use trying to discuss a better healthcare system if you're already conceding the point that there's no way it's going to work. Talking about it in the terms you keep using is incredibly counterproductive.
I haven't even commented on if it would work. What I have commented on is (1) the risk of non electability for candidates who promote it and (2) the obvious fact that the odds of implementation, even if Sanders or Warren gets the nomination, is roughly 0%.

If you don't like that, I suggest that a thread that more or less is about the horse race isn't the optimal place to complain about horse race commentary.
 
Last edited:
Oh like that makes more sense. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Harris was in a relationship with the politician Willie Brown many years ago, which means she must have slept her way to the top. And then there's the brilliant pun on "willie". Mr. Brown's first name is Willie, and at the same time he has a willie (penis), which allegedly on occasions has been placed inside Harris, below the belt. No, it doesn't make sense.
 
I don't care one bit. That's not a filter through which I view things.

I haven't even commented on if it would work. What I have commented on is (1) the risk of non electability for candidates who promote it and (2) the obvious fact that the odds of implementation, even if Sanders or Warren gets the nomination, is roughly 0%.

If you don't like that, I suggest that a thread that more or less is about the horse race isn't the optimal place to complain about horse race commentary.


Are you basing that "obvious fact" on your made up numbers in this post?

Speaking of vastly unrealistic ... Medicare for all. My rough as sandpaper take on the odds, assuming Warren (or Sanders) wins the nomination:

Warren/Sanders defeats Trump: 50%
Senate barely swings to Dems: 10%
Senate gets rid of filibuster rule: 33%
Senators Tester and Manchin vote for the measure: 10%​

Equals .16%
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom