• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but what utter pants.

As an international watcher, While humorous you think Trump can destroy the whole Republican Party she is hardly going to happen.

The orange freak will only be there for 8 years or so

Trouble is that President Trump is a symptom of the current opinions of the GOP, not the cause. The GOP will continue to espouse similar views and select similar candidates after his tenure IMO.
 
Trouble is that President Trump is a symptom of the current opinions of the GOP, not the cause. The GOP will continue to espouse similar views and select similar candidates after his tenure IMO.

20 virtual internet international dollars says the next Republican candidate after Trump loses is Tom Selleck.
 
20 virtual internet international dollars says the next Republican candidate after Trump loses is Tom Selleck.

Wait, weren't you just saying that Trump will win in 2020???

All an impeachment decision will do is result in Trump winning again.

The dems and left media are just too dim to realise.



Make up your mind already.


Not to mention: Is your comment even relevant to the The Don's?
 
And yes, because he mentioned future candidates

Your post about running three times snuck in while I made mine.

And since you want to pursue this: quadraginta never said that Trump would destroy the whole Republican party. You, however, claimed he/she did. In fact, this post:

Sorry, but what utter pants.

As an international watcher, While humorous you think Trump can destroy the whole Republican Party she is hardly going to happen.

The orange freak will only be there for 8 years or so



...garbled as it is, was not relevant to quadraginta's post to begin with.
 
I wonder if Gym Jordan has aspirations for a 2024 presidential run himself. His grandstanding before, but especially during, the hearings and his Trump sychophancy could certainly be preparing to take Trump's place.
 
Your post about running three times snuck in while I made mine.

And since you want to pursue this: quadraginta never said that Trump would destroy the whole Republican party. You, however, claimed he/she did. In fact, this post:





...garbled as it is, was not relevant to quadraginta's post to begin with.

Well then what does this mean

Republicans have burned their bridges behind them. Lost any credibility when it comes to espousing such values. They have all but hounded anyone who tries to out of the GOP.

True Conservatives™ are real thin on the ground, and it looks like they need a new TV channel to call their own.

And a new party.
 
Well then what does this mean

I really don't think you need me to interpret that: It's plainly written as is. And please note: It does not claim, as you seem to think, that Trump is destroying the GOP. If anything, it claims they are destroying themselves, and have been destroying themselves before Trump ever began his presidential campaign.

Is it clear now?
 
I really don't think you need me to interpret that: It's plainly written as is. And please note: It does not claim, as you seem to think, that Trump is destroying the GOP. If anything, it claims they are destroying themselves, and have been destroying themselves before Trump ever began his presidential campaign.

Is it clear now?



Fair point.

I was stupid to think it related to the situation in 2019.

It is actually an unrelated comment to current times and is a general observation.


I apologise for thinking posters talk about current politics
 
Fair point.

I was stupid to think it related to the situation in 2019.

It is actually an unrelated comment to current times and is a general observation.


I apologise for thinking posters talk about current politics


LOL! That's not what I said, either.

You made the mistake of assuming quadraginta was laying the blame for the GOP's problems on Trump. To the contrary, current politics in the GOP have been deteriorating for decades. I can't make it any more plain (hell, I thought it was plain in my last post) than this: Trump isn't destroying the GOP; they have been destroying themselves for decades.

Now is it clear???
 
LOL! That's not what I said, either.

You made the mistake of assuming quadraginta was laying the blame for the GOP's problems on Trump. To the contrary, current politics in the GOP have been deteriorating for decades. I can't make it any more plain (hell, I thought it was plain in my last post) than this: Trump isn't destroying the GOP; they have been destroying themselves for decades.

Now is it clear???

Given Bush got 2 terms, not really.
 
Given Bush got 2 terms, not really.

:rolleyes:

Please note: I did not say they destroyed themselves 15 years ago, what I said, (if you could just bother to read my actual words, for a change) is that they are in the process of destroying themselves and have been doing so for decades. The deterioration has increased the last few years, but there have been signs of it since the '60s, at least, when they began pandering for the votes of the ignorant and the racist.
 
:rolleyes:

Please note: I did not say they destroyed themselves 15 years ago, what I said, (if you could just bother to read my actual words, for a change) is that they are in the process of destroying themselves and have been doing so for decades. The deterioration has increased the last few years, but there have been signs of it since the '60s, at least, when they began pandering for the votes of the ignorant and the racist.

Think I will leave it there, as you obviously have more indepth knowledge of parties destroying themselves while winning.
 
Think I will leave it there, as you obviously have more indepth knowledge of parties destroying themselves while winning.

I agree, I am considerably more knowledgeable than you about this: All you've contributed up to this point are deliberate mischaracterizations of what I am saying: I never said they were dead, I said they are in the process of destroying themselves. That's not at all inconsistent with the electoral success they have had. For one thing, evidently you have no knowledge of the changing demographics of the US. For another, are you even aware of the voter suppression efforts the GOP has been engaging in? :rolleyes:
 
I agree, I am considerably more knowledgeable than you about this: All you've contributed up to this point are deliberate mischaracterizations of what I am saying: I never said they were dead, I said they are in the process of destroying themselves. That's not at all inconsistent with the electoral success they have had. For one thing, evidently you have no knowledge of the changing demographics of the US. For another, are you even aware of the voter suppression efforts the GOP has been engaging in? :rolleyes:

Don't actually

But I will look into it, as that does sound dodgy if true
 
LOL! That's not what I said, either.

You made the mistake of assuming quadraginta was laying the blame for the GOP's problems on Trump. To the contrary, current politics in the GOP have been deteriorating for decades. I can't make it any more plain (hell, I thought it was plain in my last post) than this: Trump isn't destroying the GOP; they have been destroying themselves for decades.

Now is it clear???

Agree.

Trump is the result of what the GOP has become, not the other way around.
 
Think it is best for me to avoid US politics threads for a bit.

Am actually genuinely interested, and the whole Trump thing is interesting as he is just an idiot,

But realise I am probably just being an idiot as don't know enough about the history

Apologies if I offended anyone and will still read with interest,

Maybe still make the odd dim post, but not for a while
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom