• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Retweeted

The White House
@WhiteHouse
"THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 28, 2019, as a National Day of Thanksgiving."

That only reminds me of this:
Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Universita Committeeatum E Pluribus Unum, I hereby confer upon you the honorary degree of Th.D.
 
I'm all for giving Trump a spiffy Navy-Uniform ...
... and then make him clean the Deck of the Gerald R. Ford with a toothbrush.
 
I'm trying not to take your signature personally, TM.

It's from a particularly hilarious (unintentionally, of course) "social hygiene" film from the ancient times. You can find these gems on YouTube, only a few of them have as yet materialized as MST3K shorts but most of them are fully worthy of the treatment.
 
Tucker Carlson: Trump a "full blown BS artist"

This is part of his defense. I've also seen it used here but this is the first time I've seen it in the mainstream.

If Tucker Carlson ever loses his day job, he can always get one as a full time carnival contortionist. I've never seen anyone twist being a 'racist liar' into a personal quality before.
 
Tucker Carlson: Trump a "full blown BS artist"

This is part of his defense. I've also seen it used here but this is the first time I've seen it in the mainstream.

Tucker Carlson is a BS artist. In Carlson's words:

"Bill O'Reilly's success is built on the perception that he really is who he claims to be. If he ever gets caught out of character, it's over."

Later commenting, "Bill O'Reilly's really talented. He's more talented than I am. But I think there's a deep phoniness at the center of his shtick.... The schtick is built on the perception that he IS the character he plays. He IS everyman. 'He's not right-wing, he's a populist.' This kind of Irish-Catholic populist fighting for YOU against the powers that be. And that's great as a shctick.... Nobody is that person, certainly not someone who makes many millions of dollars a year."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4666...-oreillys-talented-talented-am-deep-phoniness

Carlson has since traded his bow-tie and thunders against "elites" on behalf of working class men.
 
If Tucker Carlson ever loses his day job, he can always get one as a full time carnival contortionist. I've never seen anyone twist being a 'racist liar' into a personal quality before.
I think many Trump supporters do it every day. That's what they like about him.
 
Ilhan Omar's GOP opponent banned from Twitter for suggesting congresswoman should be hanged

Conservatives are being suppressed! Twitter hates conservatives! - is the defense of her actions that the opponent is making. To be fair, of course, if anyone did commit treason by giving information to hostile foreign countries, they should be punished. I'd be much more inclined to take the suggestion seriously if they were calling out all the times that Trump and co did exactly that. Until there's real reason to believe that actual principle is being upheld, though, rather than craven evil, GOP talk of such can be summarily dismissed, especially when it's coming from an actual criminal like this one.

On a distinctly darker note -

Ohio Doctors who don't "reimplant ectopic pregnancy" face "abortion murder" charge under new bill

An abortion ban bill introduced into the Ohio state legislature requires surgeons treating women for potentially fatal pregnancies located outside of the uterus to “reimplant” the pregnancy into the uterus or face “abortion murder” charges. However, there is no such thing as reimplanting an ectopic pregnancy. It is impossible because the fetal blood supply grows over time and grows into the tube or other site it is attached to. Moreover, a pregnancy will not attach to the uterus at this point in gestation because the uterus does not develop the vasculature to maintain a pregnancy when the egg implants ectopically. In fact, a growing tubal pregnancy will rupture the Fallopian tube if it is not treated medically or surgically. Tubal rupture is the leading cause of maternal mortality in the first trimester of pregnancy.

This proposed legislation would criminalize a medical procedure necessary to save a woman’s life under the pretense of saving a clump of cells that has zero chance of survival.

Practicing Obstetrician/Gynecologists (note my wife is an Ob hospitalist now) told Ohio legislators that “reimplanting” ectopic pregnancies is impossible the first time they introduced a similar bill. Again, Ob/Gyns are telling Ohio legislators that there is no such thing as reimplanting an ectopic.

The whole bill's a nightmare, apparently, with this vile, repugnant bit of evil being just one of the nightmarish highlights. The first time, ignorance and stupidity was viable as an excuse. No longer.
 
Did the bugger seriously tell his crazy supporters to turn America's most important family holiday into a screaming match with their saner relatives?

ETA No, I missed the Jr. It was the bugger's son, not the bugger himself.

The world would be such a better place if Trump had paid for just three more abortions.
 
Tucker Carlson: Trump a "full blown BS artist"



This is part of his defense. I've also seen it used here but this is the first time I've seen it in the mainstream.
I already said the world was missing a used car salesman years ago. They are having to dig deep to defend Trump. All they have left now is the Chewbacca defence.
 
I think it's kind of offensive to used car salesmen.

Agreed.

When you’re done with a used car salesman you actually have something. It may not be worth what you paid for it, but you posses a tangible item.

With talking heads, you simply walk away with confusion, ignorance, or muddled thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom