• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

“Former FBI Employee Accused of Altering FISA Documents.”
Hello, here we go!
@foxandfriends
 
Not sure whether Armitage72 was joking or hadn't read the cited article since it was updated, but...

Story here. The only problem is "... the inspector general concluded the alteration did not change the validity of the surveillance application."

I guess he can expect to be fired soon.


From the cited article:

A former FBI lawyer is under criminal investigation after allegedly altering a document related to 2016 surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser, several people briefed on the matter told CNN.

[...]

The lawyer, who was a line attorney, is no longer working at the bureau, said a person familiar with the matter.
 
I meant that the Inspector General could expect to be fired because he didn't immediately announce that it invalidated the Witch Hunt.
Thank you for the clarification.

Firing inspectors general for doing their job properly should and would raise quite a ruckus, which is far from saying it won't happen.
 
More Daily Kos at al. links that I'm leery of because they tell me what I want to hear. Slightly distressing when I realize that the "other side" is lapping up the information sources that tell them what *they* want to hear. It makes me somewhat dismissive because the Daily Kos is not going to change anyone's mind because only sympathetic readers will ever look at these sources.

I can only hope that GOP lawmakers are maybe getting exposed to at least a little information they would prefer not to hear. But what are the chances of that? Not zero, if any are in vulnerable districts. So there's that.

What I find remarkable is that articles from Kos and Beast have been entered into the congressional record as factually credible "without objection". Thus, anyone who reviews the records of these proceedings will have to regard these online sources with the same legitimacy that was once accorded the print media.
 
Trump: "Americans build the best cheese graters. The bestest. I hear people tell me this all the time. This is a grate time for American cheese, which we all know is grate with apple pie. Which part of this apple factory is for pies?"

MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN
 
Last edited:
Why would you get health insurance that doesn't even offer any insurance coverage?

Because they don't realize it's no good until they need to use it. This is the kind of scam that the ACA was intended to reduce; the Trumpers have allowed it to resume.
 


Lewis Lukens on Twitter:
"I was in charge of the US embassy in London for much of Trump’s first year. We didn’t hang his picture either. Why? It took the WH almost 15 months to get official photos sent to embassies to hang. And we were instructed not to print other photos. https://politico.com/amp/news/2019/"

https://twitter.com/LukensLewis/status/1197912792642269187

Others are confirming the not-so-well-staffed White House failed to send pictures to other embassies.
 
Lewis Lukens on Twitter:
"I was in charge of the US embassy in London for much of Trump’s first year. We didn’t hang his picture either. Why? It took the WH almost 15 months to get official photos sent to embassies to hang. And we were instructed not to print other photos. https://politico.com/amp/news/2019/"

https://twitter.com/LukensLewis/status/1197912792642269187

Others are confirming the not-so-well-staffed White House failed to send pictures to other embassies.

Genius! Don't send pictures and forbid the use of unofficial pictures, complain that they're not using a picture of you, and then fire them!
 
Trump Tweets

@SecAzar and I will soon release a plan to let Florida and other States import prescription drugs that are MUCH CHEAPER than what we have now! Hard-working Americans don’t deserve to pay such high prices for the drugs they need. We are fighting DAILY to make sure this HAPPENS...

...While we had the first prescription drug price decrease in 50 years, Americans still pay far too much for drugs – other countries pay far less – that is WRONG! We will soon be putting more options on the table...

...Pelosi and her Do Nothing Democrats drug pricing bill doesn’t do the trick. FEWER cures! FEWER treatments! Time for the Democrats to get serious about bipartisan solutions to lowering prescription drug prices for families...

...House Republicans are showing real LEADERSHIP and prepared to enact bipartisan solutions for drug prices. Do Nothing Democrats are playing partisan politics with YOUR drug prices! We are READY to work together if they actually want to get something done!
 
Lewis Lukens on Twitter:
"I was in charge of the US embassy in London for much of Trump’s first year. We didn’t hang his picture either. Why? It took the WH almost 15 months to get official photos sent to embassies to hang. And we were instructed not to print other photos. https://politico.com/amp/news/2019/"

https://twitter.com/LukensLewis/status/1197912792642269187

Others are confirming the not-so-well-staffed White House failed to send pictures to other embassies.

I saw a transcript of Lee Zeldin questioning her, and it went on for like a whole page asking if she remembered if they hung his picture up. Brilliant cross-examining there.

I was hoping the answer was something like, "Yeah, I remember when he hung his picture up because we noted that now we had a back up in case we ran out of toilet paper."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom