• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this have an effect on Trump?

Charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust have been unveiled against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in three separate corruption cases, the Attorney General announced on Thursday evening, marking the first time in Israel's history that a sitting PM faces indictment in criminal investigations

They've loved on each other a lot, and it appears that everyone Trump comes in contact with is getting in trouble!
Since Trump claims he is so concerned against corruption, does that mean the U.S. will be suspending military aid to Isreael, pending the results of this case?
 
Myeshia Johnson, whose husband, Sgt. La David T. Johnson, was killed early this month in an attack that is under investigation by the United States military, said the president had blundered through the condolence call he made to her last week, only deepening her grief because he did not seem to know her husband’s name.
Trump told the media he was actually "fantastic" in his call to Johnson's widow. He denied having trouble remembering Johnson's name which led to the memory comment. The photo below is from a screen cap of Trump's remarks. The written words are from closed captioning. You hear Trump saying it as the words appear.

Mrs. Johnson said it made her feel so bad -- her husband died serving the U.S. and the president couldn't even get his name straight -- that it made her cry. I felt really crappy when I read about this or, I should say, reread about it.

I watched the film clip following the incident and Trump is his usual oblivious self. Totally clueless. He was so cheerful, while telling the media how he reaches out to people all the time and how great they think he is. All while completely ignoring any distress he caused this widow. Why would he care, anyway, given his mindset? She might just as well be on another planet. First, she's African American. Second she has (and her husband had) a 'black sounding' name. Third, her husband was a career enlisted man in the U.S. Army. That's three strikes and she's out.

Governor Weiker was right. Trump's a total dirtbag. :(
 
I got an interesting scam email in my spam filter today.

"Trumpcare Medicare. Open Enrollment Final Days.
Trumpcare Medicare enrollment is almost over. We're here to find you a plan that fits your needs and budget. View low cost Trump Medicare Plans available now before the deadline on Dec. 7th."

First, I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing as Trumpcare. It was the nickname name given to the American Health Care Act of 2017, which didn't pass.
Second, the links in the email go to storage.googleapis.com. I don't see a legitimate source using that as their web address.

I can picture senior citizens getting the email and thinking "He said he would get us a great new health care plan. This must be it and I missed hearing about it. I'd better click and sign up." Then they get hit with whatever scam or malware is on the other end.
 
I got an interesting scam email in my spam filter today.

"Trumpcare Medicare. Open Enrollment Final Days.
Trumpcare Medicare enrollment is almost over. We're here to find you a plan that fits your needs and budget. View low cost Trump Medicare Plans available now before the deadline on Dec. 7th."

First, I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing as Trumpcare. It was the nickname name given to the American Health Care Act of 2017, which didn't pass.
Second, the links in the email go to storage.googleapis.com. I don't see a legitimate source using that as their web address.

I can picture senior citizens getting the email and thinking "He said he would get us a great new health care plan. This must be it and I missed hearing about it. I'd better click and sign up." Then they get hit with whatever scam or malware is on the other end.

A scam named after Trump. How apropos.
 
Bob Herman is a health care business reporter for @axios. This is from a September 2019 report he filed:
Do a quick search for health insurance, and you'll find plenty of ads for "Trumpcare" plans that cost $59 or less per month. But there's a catch: Trumpcare doesn't exist, and many of these advertised plans offer bare-bones coverage.

After seeing Trumpcare ads in search engines, I submitted contact information to get quotes about coverage options. Over the the next week, I was bombarded with 70 phone calls and 12 texts from insurance brokers.

  • Every broker I spoke to admitted there is no such thing as Trumpcare, and that it is a marketing ploy from the lead generator site.
  • When I asked how I could get the plan that was advertised for $59 or less per month, brokers said the ads were in reference to short-term plans or fixed indemnity plans that offer little to no coverage for serious illness or injury.
Link
 
Bob Herman is a health care business reporter for @axios. This is from a September 2019 report he filed:

Quote:
Do a quick search for health insurance, and you'll find plenty of ads for "Trumpcare" plans that cost $59 or less per month. But there's a catch: Trumpcare doesn't exist, and many of these advertised plans offer bare-bones coverage.
After seeing Trumpcare ads in search engines, I submitted contact information to get quotes about coverage options. Over the the next week, I was bombarded with 70 phone calls and 12 texts from insurance brokers.
Every broker I spoke to admitted there is no such thing as Trumpcare, and that it is a marketing ploy from the lead generator site.
When I asked how I could get the plan that was advertised for $59 or less per month, brokers said the ads were in reference to short-term plans or fixed indemnity plans that offer little to no coverage for serious illness or injury.
Link

In other words, they're as worthless and dishonest as the man they're named after.
 
I wonder how many Republicans who think the impeachment hearings are all just a 'big show' and that there's 'no there there' have actually watched them? From what I've seen many of them say on TV, I get the distinct impression that they base their opinions directly from what they hear on FOX News.
 
I'll go with MIB.
Trump strikes me as more of an Edgar Suit... and Miller the sort who would wear one.
[emoji15]


Eta: the quote didn't copy over. Sorry and damn you TapaCrap. [emoji17]
 
Last edited:
From a number of different things. I got a sick feeling that Trump is going to play the Anti Muslim card to try to rev up his base during impeachment.
He has been pushing the anti Hispanic angle for a while, but I got a feeling that is going to change.
 
Last edited:
I'll be curious if Buttegieg wins the Democratic nomination. Trump will have to dig up the most negative perception he can. I wonder if he'll "go there"?
 
In other words, they're as worthless and dishonest as the man they're named after.

From the Trump Zone.
  • Trumper: "Hey I got myself Trumpcare health insurance. I'm only paying fifty-nine a month!"
  • Friend: "Trumpcare? But it doesn't cover you for anything."
  • Trumper: "That's okay."

:(
 
I'll be curious if Buttegieg wins the Democratic nomination. Trump will have to dig up the most negative perception he can. I wonder if he'll "go there"?

I think even he knows he can't openly so he'll use dog whistles. He'd use a lot of references to how people's religious rights have been violated and how 'his' Supreme Court has ruled to protect those religious rights (think wedding cakes).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom