• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, "failing to recall" is a great way to seemingly deny something that definitely happened without committing perjury. ;)

Exactly.

But I wonder if any of his many brags about having one of the world’s greatest memories would be admissible as an argument against that position.

It’s apparently come up in at least one deposition:

49099302868_0452294d07.jpg
 
There was one instance, about two years ago when Trump told the media he had, "One of the great memories of all time." This followed the widow of a slain U.S. serviceman complaining about Trump's behavior during a condolence call. She was interviewed by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
Myeshia Johnson, whose husband, Sgt. La David T. Johnson, was killed early this month in an attack that is under investigation by the United States military, said the president had blundered through the condolence call he made to her last week, only deepening her grief because he did not seem to know her husband’s name. Link

Trump told the media he was actually "fantastic" in his call to Johnson's widow. He denied having trouble remembering Johnson's name which led to the memory comment. The photo below is from a screen cap of Trump's remarks. The written words are from closed captioning. You hear Trump saying it as the words appear.

.
 

Attachments

  • Trump one of the greatest memories of all time.jpg
    Trump one of the greatest memories of all time.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 20
There was one instance, about two years ago when Trump told the media he had, "One of the great memories of all time." This followed the widow of a slain U.S. serviceman complaining about Trump's behavior during a condolence call. She was interviewed by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

Trump told the media he was actually "fantastic" in his call to Johnson's widow. He denied having trouble remembering Johnson's name which led to the memory comment. The photo below is from a screen cap of Trump's remarks. The written words are from closed captioning. You hear Trump saying it as the words appear.

That was one of the times. In November 2015 it was about remembering seeing thousands of Muslims cheering the 911 attack on tv and 'all over the internet', and he called NBC news and said, among other things "I have the world’s greatest memory. It’s one thing everyone agrees on."

There was a pretty funny moment during the impeachment hearings yesterday when Jackie Speier, in response to Mike Conaway pointing out that Adam Schiff had received a 3-pinocchio rating for something, replied that trump receives 5 pinocchios on a daily basis. The room erupted with laughter, while Speier remained deadpan.

That was momentarily amusing, but the general public seems to have pretty much long become numb to the constant lying from trump, which is... not funny. Wapo currently says “President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days.”
 
Trump Tweets


Why do @ShannonBream & @FoxNews waste airtime on Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell, who recently left the Presidential Primaries having attained a grand number of ZERO in the polls. I don’t even know how that is possible. Fox should stay with the people that got them there, not losers!

Bob Mueller, after spending two years and 45 million dollars, went over all of my financials, & my taxes, and found nothing. Now the Witch Hunt continues with local New York Democrat prosecutors going over every financial deal I have ever done. This has never happened to a.....

.....President before. What they are doing is not legal. But I’m clean, and when I release my financial statement (my decision) sometime prior to Election, it will only show one thing - that I am much richer than people even thought - And that is a good thing. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
 
Trump Tweets

The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin. This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!
 
Bob Mueller, after spending two years and 45 million dollars, went over all of my financials, & my taxes

Not true.

What they are doing is not legal.

Not true.

But I’m clean

I almost died reading this.

when I release my financial statement (my decision) sometime prior to Election

Sure thing, Donald. Just like last time.

it will only show one thing - that I am much richer than people even thought

I can't wait.

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

What does one have to do with the other?
 
And the president still refuses to release his tax return. He is going to release his “financials.”

Plus, there is nothing stopping him from preparing a fake tax return and releasing it while claiming it is true and complete. He already did it with his phone call transcript.
 
Trump Tweets


Why do @ShannonBream & @FoxNews waste airtime on Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell, who recently left the Presidential Primaries having attained a grand number of ZERO in the polls. I don’t even know how that is possible. Fox should stay with the people that got them there, not losers!

Bob Mueller, after spending two years and 45 million dollars, went over all of my financials, & my taxes, and found nothing. Now the Witch Hunt continues with local New York Democrat prosecutors going over every financial deal I have ever done. This has never happened to a.....

.....President before. What they are doing is not legal. But I’m clean, and when I release my financial statement (my decision) sometime prior to Election, it will only show one thing - that I am much richer than people even thought - And that is a good thing. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
For once he has I am sure inadvertently spoken a truth! Yes it has never happened to a President before as usually the POTUS isn't a crook and a con man and of course the other POTUS published their tax affairs so they were a matter of public knowledge.
 
And the president still refuses to release his tax return. He is going to release his “financials.”

Plus, there is nothing stopping him from preparing a fake tax return and releasing it while claiming it is true and complete. He already did it with his phone call transcript.
I am sure it will be as thorough, detailed and truthful as his pre election medical report.
 
Ukraine's forbidden, hidden Javelin missiles. We blocked their deployment, 100s of miles from combat
Did you miss it, buried in the 14th paragraph in a NY Times story, about the “lethal” missiles we sent Ukraine?

“Trump’s sale of those weapons prohibited the use of Javelins on the front lines..."

The missiles got warehoused 100s of miles away from the “contact line” in eastern Ukraine, where the fighters exchange gunfire and lives are lost every week. Another NY Times article says soldiers shape, and prop up, “dummy” missiles as a gambit to try to deter Russian-backed fighters:

:eye-poppi

Putin's Puppet strikes again.
 
Good. We can evacuate all the Americans and make it a reservation for Trump supporters.

<--- Wisconsin native and resident, not a Trump supporter. I don't need evacuating and I ain't about to move.

Yeah, what the hell, Craig? You know there are some very liberal areas of WI, right? Besides, Mississippi is a much better choice anyway.
 
Will this have an effect on Trump?

Charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust have been unveiled against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in three separate corruption cases, the Attorney General announced on Thursday evening, marking the first time in Israel's history that a sitting PM faces indictment in criminal investigations

They've loved on each other a lot, and it appears that everyone Trump comes in contact with is getting in trouble!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom