• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congress is expected to pass a short term budget that will keep the government running until at least Dec 20, so at least we aren't going to have a shutdown for at least a month and some change.
 
Instead of mocking Stephen Miller's spray-on hair, we should be working to stop his vile policies.

Whoa. Just saw the hair. We can multitask.


Source.
I think the hair is actually quite valuable...

Notice how it sort of makes a pattern pointing down. So you can say "Where's the racist", and the hair shows "Here he is!"

(Joke stolen from the Daily Show, I think.)
 

Attachments

  • miller.jpg
    miller.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 173
Ever see the movie "Dave"? The President is incapacitated by a stroke and replaced by a lookalike, who does a much better job than the corrupt womanizer he's replacing once he starts turning on his equally corrupt handler.

Great movie. Definitely one of Gary Ross's finest
 
Ever see the movie "Dave"? The President is incapacitated by a stroke and replaced by a lookalike, who does a much better job than the corrupt womanizer he's replacing once he starts turning on his equally corrupt handler.

Dave is one of my favorite movies ever.

"Hail to the Chief, he's the one we all say hail to
We all say hail because he keeps himself so clean
He's got the power, that's why he's in the shower..."
 
Ambassadors being donors and cronies isn't new with Trump. The problem with Trump's iteration of this age-old madness is that previous ambassadors of that stripe stayed out of the way of the actual work, which is done by actual State dept employees. Eat fancy dinners, attend cultural events, try not to accidentally cause an international incident. That's all these ambassadors are supposed to do. They are not supposed to be running errands for presidents' personal conspiracy lawyers.

This,
Also, usually the "reward" ambassadorships are to countries like the UK, Germany and France, the US has good relationships with and there really is not all that much for the ambassador to do except PR functions.
Trump apparently givine reward ambassadorships to countries where relatationships to the US are pretty dicey and you really need a knowledgable ambassador.
 
Dave is one of my favorite movies ever.

"Hail to the Chief, he's the one we all say hail to
We all say hail because he keeps himself so clean
He's got the power, that's why he's in the shower..."

That scene was great. Gary Ross is a genius. Dave, Big, Pleasantville, Seabiscuit
 
Ambassadors being donors and cronies isn't new with Trump. The problem with Trump's iteration of this age-old madness is that previous ambassadors of that stripe stayed out of the way of the actual work, which is done by actual State dept employees. Eat fancy dinners, attend cultural events, try not to accidentally cause an international incident. That's all these ambassadors are supposed to do. They are not supposed to be running errands for presidents' personal conspiracy lawyers.
Which is not to say they won't, of course. One can see how it might be a thrill. Sondland surely did not sign up for what he's now experiencing, and I think his fondest desire is to get back to his previous simple life as a very wealthy man far from the limelight. Eating his breakfasts in one of his own sumptuous residences, not in a prison-hall with hairy-arsed cons looking over his shoulder and farting.
 
On one episode of Bakeoff a baker kept her game pie's contents moist by surrounding the meaty interior with a protective layer of fat. She was then able to get a deep orange color on the outside while not drying out the inside. I think Trump is basically a heap of dead meats surrounded in fat and then overcooked. Thirty minutes in a bain-marie would do wonders to improve him.
I doubt Mr. Trump has ever heard of a bain-marie, as indeed I never have. Is it some kind of blender? :cool:
 
So, Trump had another loss in court:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/politics/summer-zervos-trump-defamation-case/index.html
Judge denies Trump's request to dismiss Summer Zervos defamation case
...
Trump's legal team had argued that a stay is necessary "given the novel and important Constitutional issues involved"...New York state Supreme Court Justice Jennifer Schecter on Monday, however, rejected the request, allowing for the case to move forward.


Now, granted, its a fairly minor victory... Trump hasn't yet lost the final case, and given the nature of defamation laws and the particulars of the case, Trump may eventually win at the end. But, I do like the idea of seeing Trump put under more and more stress with these sorts of loses. He deserves it.
And once again it's women who are giving him grief. How he must hate that.
 
That scene was great. Gary Ross is a genius. Dave, Big, Pleasantville, Seabiscuit


The speech at the end should be issued to every President at the start of their term. Or tattooed somewhere on their body.

"I forgot that I was hired to do a job for you and that it was just a temp job at that. I forgot that I had two hundred and fifty million people who were paying me to make their lives a little better and I didn't live up to my part of the bargain. See, there are certain things you should expect from a President. I ought to care more about you than I do about me... I ought to care more about what's right than I do about what's popular. I ought to be willing to give this whole thing up for something I believe in."
 
Yeah. I wonder if he has the ability to "Plead the 5th" and just not respond. Otherwise, it could result in a few perjury charges (assuming Trump stays true to form).

Ability? No. He hasn’t.

Obviously I am speculating, but I suspect that when President Trump is asked a question, the little voice in his head says, “Man, I got this. I’m going to give an answer so devastating that my questioners are going to say, ‘Sir, we apologize for even asking the question, please excuse us while we go and impeach every sitting Democrat.’”

Of course, I could be wrong.
 
Ever see the movie "Dave"? The President is incapacitated by a stroke and replaced by a lookalike, who does a much better job than the corrupt womanizer he's replacing once he starts turning on his equally corrupt handler.
In real life, President Wilson had a stroke and was replaced by his wife.

Devin Nunes has the oddest pauses for dramatic effect. I wonder if he thinks it's doing any good.

I wonder if he thinks
it's doing any good.
You're talking about a guy who is suing a fake cow.
This,
Also, usually the "reward" ambassadorships are to countries like the UK, Germany and France, the US has good relationships with and there really is not all that much for the ambassador to do except PR functions.
Trump apparently givine reward ambassadorships to countries where relatationships to the US are pretty dicey and you really need a knowledgable ambassador.
Sondland's ambassadorship is to the EU, of which Ukraine is not a member. He paid a million bucks for a cushy "job" in Brussels, with free travel all over Europe. His mistake was not expecting to be dragged into the TrumpSwamp.
 
It sounds French, and therefore Communist or worse, Obamunist. He'd probably have some Russian hookers pee in it.

I have to wonder if Paul and Prue would "get the flavor" of that in the bake. Prue would dislike it, but Paul would be fine with it so long as the layers of pastry showed lamination.
 
Sondland's ambassadorship is to the EU, of which Ukraine is not a member. He paid a million bucks for a cushy "job" in Brussels, with free travel all over Europe. His mistake was not expecting to be dragged into the TrumpSwamp.
Trump's apparent impunity up to now (courtesy of corrupt Republicans) probably means he gave no thought to possible consequences if the scheme came out - or, indeed, how likely it was that it would come out. I imagine possible consequences (and the avoidance of them) are very much on his mind now, with a perjury charge and conviction front and centre.
 
That scene was great. Gary Ross is a genius. Dave, Big, Pleasantville, Seabiscuit
I beg to differ on that last one. Very much miscast (and the invention of the Bill Macy sportswriter was awful). Laura Hillenbrand’s book was a Secretariat-winning-distance better telling of the story.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom