• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate Donnie just got dumped:

North Korea has said it is not "interested" in further meetings with the US, a day after President Donald Trump tweeted a message to the country's leader Sunday saying "See you soon!"

A statement from North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser Kim Kye Gwan, posted by state news agency, KCNA, said: "I interpreted President Trump's tweet on the 17th to signify a new DPRK-US summit" but "we are no longer interested in these meetings that are useless to us."

Kim suggested that the US is trying to portray "advancement in Korean Peninsula issue" but that it was a delay tactic.

"We will no longer give the US president something to boast about for nothing in return, and we must receive from the US what is corresponding to the results that President Trump is already boasting as his achievements," Kim said.

Linky.

So sad.
 
They were rushing rather than just loading up. It wasn't planned or put on his schedule. It was a sunny day outside and he wasn't golfing. The norm.

After seeing a video (I dunno if it's the one you mean), I note that they packed him into an SUV and took off in a herd of other SUVs. He usually travels in the big, heavily armored presidential limousine known as the Beast, which is no doubt stored off premises. If they didn't have time to bring it up that would be significant.

One TV commentator is alleging a report of chest pains, but no evidence or followup.
 
Good morning. There is next to 0% chance of Trump testifying. The saddest part is that if he took the stand and said "I did everything the Do Nothing Dems are claiming I did and so much more that you guys wouldn't even believe me capable of. Guess what??? I'm still doing it in other countries as well and plan on doing it over and over for the rest of time.." , the Senate would still not vote to remove him from office saying that it might not be what they would do but it isn't an impeachable offense.
Of course he will testify, in a fortnight.
 
In my late teens and early twenties I have had the pleasure of driving in Presidential and Vice Presidential motorcades a couple of times. They were awesome to be a part of. The motorcade drives at maybe 40 mph tops, but the motorcycles probably drive 100 mph on the outside to stop traffic at the intersections and after the motorcade passes they jump back on their cycles to catch up and pass the motorcade. The motorcycle cops absolutely love it.

I was in a car escorted by a motorcade where they did that. It was a funeral procession.
 
I just note that if there was a true emergency they would take him to GWU hospital, six blocks away with a Level 1 trauma center.
Not only that, but they have a helicopter. Though it's probably too big to land on the hospital's helipad.

Still, in a real emergency I would expect emergency transportation.

I'm picturing some embarrassing medical issues like, his hemorrhoids were acting up. :p
 
Last edited:
I was in a car escorted by a motorcade where they did that. It was a funeral procession.

Obviously, not as much fun.


The motorcycle police absolutely love that duty.

The first time I got to do it was for Vice President Mondale. I was driving a van for the press that flew with the Vice President I got lectured very sternly by an older staffer to drive carefully in my lane, and under no circumstances talk to the reporters or turn on the radio. The reporters jumped into the van and they turned on the radio and immediadely started talking and joking with me.

What was I supposed to do?
 
The US has declared that Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian land are not necessarily illegal, in a dramatic break with decades of international law, US policy and the established position of most US allies.
“Calling the establishment of civilian settlements inconsistent with international law has not advanced the cause of peace,” said Mike Pompeo, the US secretary of state. “The hard truth is that there will never be a judicial resolution to the conflict, and arguments about who is right and who is wrong as a matter of international law will not bring peace.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-mike-pompeo


Another distraction with no thought to the larger consequences, and Pompeo enables it. What the Hell is going on over there?
 
Last edited:
Can someone please find me the awesome graphic I saw a couple of days ago with Trump, Newt, Rudy, and Rush; listing the totals of their wives, deferments, and actual military service (spoiler: none)? My Google-Fu is weak. I even saw it on a reply to Trump's Twit, but can only stand to spend a minimal amount of time there looking for it, lest I burn out more brain cells.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom