• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Time to update my "Trump Orbit" diagram, methinks

[qimg]https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgxreuuhhbnzb0d/TrumpOrbit3.png?raw=1[/qimg]

If things keep up at this rate, I will have to consider a redesign to add more circles

I getting more and more convinced that Trump is going to say enough of the Witch hunt and pardon Stone, Flynn and maybe Manafort. He'll say these people really did nothing wrong. Certainly no more than Pelosi, Schift and Hillary Clinton and they don't belong in jail.
 
I getting more and more convinced that Trump is going to say enough of the Witch hunt and pardon Stone, Flynn and maybe Manafort. He'll say these people really did nothing wrong. Certainly no more than Pelosi, Schift and Hillary Clinton and they don't belong in jail.

It'll be called the 'Saturday Night Resurrection', and mark the instant the GOP turns against Trump.
 
It'll be called the 'Saturday Night Resurrection', and mark the instant the GOP turns against Trump.

There's a high probability the Greed Over People party wouldn't turn against him, but the belief there's still a non-trivial chance means Trump (likely) won't do it just yet.
 
Trump pardons war criminals:

President Trump cleared three members of the armed services on Friday who have been accused or convicted of war crimes, overruling military leaders who had sought to punish them. All three have been championed by conservative lawmakers and commentators, who have portrayed them as war heroes unfairly prosecuted for actions taken in the heat and confusion of battle.

...

The moves signaled that as commander in chief, Mr. Trump intends to use his power as the ultimate arbiter of military justice in ways unlike any other president in modern times.

Linky.
 
It seems there is an asterisks next to it. Several of the sales were bulk purchases, some of which was made by the RNC.

Er, cite?

The list I found online (at the Times) doesn't make any mention of this.
 
Connecticut and Yale are in Texas?

Neither birth nor university are significant parts of growing up.

Though checking the WP article, I am reminded he was at Phillips Academy in Andover MA for high school. But by that time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his twang was fairly well developed. Or maybe not, I don't know.
 
Neither birth nor university are significant parts of growing up.

Though checking the WP article, I am reminded he was at Phillips Academy in Andover MA for high school. But by that time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his twang was fairly well developed. Or maybe not, I don't know.

George W Bush's accent came from imitating what he heard while going to school in Midland and Houston (which are pretty far apart---it isn't hard for Texans to distinguish a native Midland accent from the more southern-sounding Houston accent) and what he heard from his parents after he went home after school. To many Texans' ears, Bush's accent still sounds a bit funny, albeit nowhere near so hilarious as a New York or Boston accent.

Dubya continued to work on his Texas accent, coming up with a passable approximation by the time he ran for governor. Considering he went to high school and university in the northeast, the credibility of his Texas accent shows he really can accomplish something when he decides to work at it.
 
Er, cite?

The list I found online (at the Times) doesn't make any mention of this.

Monza may be referring to something like this, which is a twitter post showing an email solicitation where the RNC is giving copies of the book for donations of $50 or more. So they probably are part of the bulk purchases that put it on the best sellers list.
 
I just watched a clip of Congressman Adam Schiff questioning former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch today about Trump attempting to intimidate her. Yovanovitch was in Somalia. How did that turn out? "Some things are going to happen to her." The mindlessness, the total lack of any sense of fairness or respect.

Trump really hasn't changed. It reminded me of a hearing Trump attended in Connecticut about twenty-five years ago, when the Pequot nation was seeking a gaming license. Because of competing 'drive time' from the New York City area, this was going to be competition for Trump's Atlantic City casinos and he went to the hearing to try and get their license denied. He used the same shameless, dishonest tactics.

First he claimed the Pequot's shouldn't be licensed because the reservation was not a suitable locale. Trump charged there was a huge crime problem on their reservation. (The local FBI office -- the reservation is federal land -- testified that they had no knowledge of what Trump was referring to. Imagine how he'd respond to that today!) Then Trump implied the gaming operation was a scam. That the organizers were actually non-Native Americans. Trump testified, "They don't look like Indians to me."

One of the Connecticut legislators termed Trump's testimony, "The worst I've ever heard." The governor of Connecticut was moved to call Trump "a dirtbag."

The Pequots got the license and then Trump shamelessly was one of the bidders for the casino's operating contract. He didn't get it.
 
Last edited:
Hmmmm. Time to update my "Trump Orbit" diagram, methinks

[qimg]https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgxreuuhhbnzb0d/TrumpOrbit3.png?raw=1[/qimg]

If things keep up at this rate, I will have to consider a redesign to add more circles

It is easy to put away the "best" people with a simple witch hunt.
 
Monza may be referring to something like this, which is a twitter post showing an email solicitation where the RNC is giving copies of the book for donations of $50 or more. So they probably are part of the bulk purchases that put it on the best sellers list.

Perhaps, but I don't have any idea whether such purchases are a substantial part of the book's sales.

I don't find it implausible at all that the book tops the list of non-fiction currently. The current #2 is Finding Chika, "Lessons learned by the Alboms when they bring a Haitian orphan with a life-threatening illness into their family." I've never heard of it. Number 3 is a history book by Brian Kilmeade (!) about the Battle of the Alamo.

Who the **** wants to learn about history from a Fox & Friends cohost?

I've heard of six of the top fifteen (including Jr.'s literary contribution). I happened to see Elton John's autobiography for sale at Costco this week, pushing my total up a bit.
 
Last edited:
So? The question is why do they hate Trump? The National Review is one of the MOST conservative publications on the planet. Founded in the 1950s, it's an editorial magazine promoting conservatism.

It has endorsed Republican candidates 80 percent of the time and never a Democrat.

Could it be that they hate Trump because he's a bully and a lying POS? A man totally disinterested in promoting democracy abroad or at home. A man idotally devoid of character. Someone not to be trusted. A man who puts himself above everyone and everything.

There is NOTHING The National Review wants more than a Republican President, but Trump has gone too far.

Because they know he is a shyster who probably steals their best lines. I bet George Will is rolling in his grave at the thought of Trump right now. Actually I used to think National Review was hilarious back in high school. Of course I was reading the Workers Weekly too back then. My favorite article from the Review. "Why Homosexuals like to drink Drip Coffee". I could go on and on. Not sure what they are working on now as I doubt the local library still covers them.
 
Last edited:
Because they know he is a shyster who probably steals their best lines. I bet George Will is rolling in his grave at the thought of Trump right now. Actually I used to think National Review was hilarious back in high school. Of course I was reading the Workers Weekly too back then. My favorite article from the Review. "Why Homosexuals like to drink Drip Coffee". I could go on and on. Not sure what they are working on now as I doubt the local library still covers them.

George Will is still alive.
 
Trump pardons war criminals:



Linky.

I saw a number of articles about this in my Facebook feed. The odd part is that a pretty large number of comments are defending this and calling Dems hypocrites for opposing it. They justify this by citing the lack of outrage from when Obama pardoned Bowe Bergdahl - the soldier who deserted and was captured by the Taliban.

Lots and lots of comments about Obama's pardon of Bergdahl.

Which never happened. Bowe Bergdahl was not pardoned.

My guess is that some component of the right-wing outrage machine is just gunning with some flat out lie again. Or, am I missing something here?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom