• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

@RepRatcliffe asked the two “star” witnesses, “where is the impeachable event in that call?” Both stared straight ahead with a blank look on their face, remained silent, & were unable to answer the question. That would be the end of a case run by normal people! - but not Shifty!

That is an outright lie. Here is the video of that exchange. Taylor tried to respond 3 seconds after being asked the question by Ratcliffe. He was then interrupted by Ratcliffe every time he tried to answer. Ratcliffe then withdrew the question in an effort to stop Taylor. When Schiff said Taylor had been asked a question and did he want answer it, Ratcliffe again tried to stop Taylor. It was clear that Ratcliffe did not want Taylor to answer the question. He was grandstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLcRA6BLSw
 
NPR regularly interviews folks going to political rallies, and of course Trump’s.

One lady (from Louisiana) said, “I like the vulgarity. I’m kind of vulgar myself!” This returns to the sentiment expressed in previous elections, The candidate is “Just like us.”

Of Dubya... “He seems like a nice guy. The kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with.”
Of Palin... “She’s a MOM. She’s just like us.”

And so on. Why folks would use such criteria to vote for “The leader of the free world” is perhaps a mystery, but there it is. “Is the candidate likeable” seems to be a huge factor for many, transcending qualifications.

After reading that, I think she just as well might have said "I like stupidity. I'm kind of stupid myself!"

Unbelievable.
 
That's what I thought when I read it, but will Trump's base even bother to watch the procedings, since they're a witch hunt?

I doubt most of them will watch it. But they'll read Trump's tweets and believe those. They'll watch FOX and believe that.
 
GOd, I hope the President of the US not "just like me". I want somebody a lot smarter then I am in that job.
 
Bill Clinton managed to be folksy without being a total idiot and without being vulger. Just saying.
 
Ever been to Louisiana?

It’s the state motto

I have relatives in Floribama, my dad's folks (my dad had no contact with, or even knew about, his paternal side) . I talked to them once after discovering them. All I can say is, I'm soooooooo glad he was raised by his mother in Montana and that he took after her side! Let me put it this way: ever watch the "Home" episode of The X Files?

Mulder and Scully are drafted in to investigate when local children find the aforementioned baby in a hick town called Mayberry. They ask the local sheriff (Tucker Smallwood) about the family that lives in the dilapidated house nearby and he gravely intones: “[The Peacock family] grow their own food, they raise their own pigs, they breed their own cows, raise and breed their own stock, if you get my meaning”.

the Peacock family is a deeply inbred clan of violent murderers, with one brother having fathered the other two. With whom? His own mother, who has sex with all three siblings because, like, there isn’t much to do in Mayberry. The brothers are deformed but Ma Peacock is much more disfigured, her limbless body secreted in a cart beneath a bed like a dirty magazine.


Read more at https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs...ed-from-television-768041#bcuX1eWOV79CJx6G.99
 
ever watch the "Home" episode of The X Files?

Wife and I were day one x-files fans. Watched every week when they originally ran. When we first got netflix we started to indoctrinate our kids. Without even batting an eye or asking my wife I just skipped that episode. I looked over and wife just nodded.

The kids have grown up and still watch old episodes of the X-files. One finally said "thanks for skipping that episode when we were kids".

I saw it when it was released and will never watch it again.
 
That is an outright lie. Here is the video of that exchange. Taylor tried to respond 3 seconds after being asked the question by Ratcliffe. He was then interrupted by Ratcliffe every time he tried to answer. Ratcliffe then withdrew the question in an effort to stop Taylor. When Schiff said Taylor had been asked a question and did he want answer it, Ratcliffe again tried to stop Taylor. It was clear that Ratcliffe did not want Taylor to answer the question. He was grandstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLcRA6BLSw

A congressman "grandstanding"? Say it isn't so.
 
My pet goldfish exceeds that threshhold too. Plus it is also shiny orange!

I'm sure dudalb is smarter than your pet goldfish as well but we won't tell Goldy that.


On another note, I see it's official. Trump's Kentucky Governor just threw in the towel and conceded the race.
 
Wife and I were day one x-files fans. Watched every week when they originally ran. When we first got netflix we started to indoctrinate our kids. Without even batting an eye or asking my wife I just skipped that episode. I looked over and wife just nodded.

The kids have grown up and still watch old episodes of the X-files. One finally said "thanks for skipping that episode when we were kids".

I saw it when it was released and will never watch it again.

Good decision!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom