That's pretty simplistic. First YOU should answer the question, 'Why are economics more important than anything else? Provide your justification of your assertion.'
Well, without trying to straw man you - because you just said "anything else" let me assume you mean economic migration.
Believe it or not I do think there is a limit to the amount of immigration - skilled or otherwise - a country can sustain without its population starting to feel resentful of a feeling of erosion of their culture. Having said that:
1. Population growth as skilled migration is important to grow an economy. Maybe that's not important to you? Fair enough but it seems that most general elections the economy is usually the punching bag most used by an opposition.
2. Many of the people I have listened to about this appear to conflate EU migrant workers with the recent decade long wave of asylum seekers, illegal immigrants and people migrating to the UK on skilled migration Visas - all of which has little to do with the EU - or could be negotiated within the EU. I admit this is anecdotal though.
3. I personally see British Nationalism as a nasty vein running through the UK and yet oddly paradoxical given the often British sense of fair play and fight for the underdog. I will always be an Englishman, sometimes proud, sometimes embarrassed but not because of some ill conceived Nationalism and blind allegiance to the Queen. The history of the UK (I think) can be seen in the filter of common men and women overcoming oppression and exploitation. I know this sounds like something from Socialist Worker but the fact remains Human Rights has roots in Britain, and they didn't come easily. See
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/what-are-human-rights/history-human-rights-britain. When I say I'm proud to be English, that's what I'm talking about, not some romantic glorification of a defunct colonial super power.
I'm no pacifist, but I wouldn't fight for my Queen. I would for my countries freedom and the freedoms of its people (within obvious limits of course - I'm generally against violence of any sort and certainly not to achieve ends) .