• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trials of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito: Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, it is ridiculous your quoting today's house prices.

My parents bought their house in London for a small sum of money (as there were a couple of tenants occupying it) back in the day. By the time they sold up, in the mid-2000's, they got nigh on £1m for the same property, mostly because it was easy access to the West End. Even a basic studio in Camden will now cost you on average (according to Zoopla) £680K. Silly prices doesn't mean the property is anything particularly special. It's to do with the proximity to the City.

Wow. You just cannot admit that Curt and Cassandra weren't living in a nicer house and neighborhood and were "infinitely better off" than Edda and Chris!

You just ignore the fact that I provided pictures of each house and their square footage to show that your claim is false. Instead, you go off some ridiculous tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. I put up their values TODAY to show that they are relatively equal in value and not to show that "silly prices doesn't mean the property is anything particularly special". You really just have no clue, do you? Stop embarrassing yourself.
 
A last minute ticket to the USA from Europe will cost you close on GBP10,000.

Nonsense. Today, British Airways, Rome-London-Seattle 2750 Euros/2450 GBP
I am hugely sceptical she could be acquitted by bent judge Hellmann (who was immediately retired afterwards as unfit to be a judge) and step on a plane to the US within 12-hours, when her parents claimed to be broke, having to remortgage their homes. No, there was fore knowledge there, when legal opinion was that the pair was guilty as charged.

No matter now many times you've been shown evidence with citations that all the above crap is just plain wrong, you never learn. You simply wait a bit and then repeat the same lies. I'm beginning to think you have short term memory problems and can only remember things before 2011.
 
Last edited:
I assure you being on a highly sought after Erasmus university scheme is infinitely superior to signing on for a three-month language course that anyone can sign up for, open to the public like an evening class.

Even Raff himself had an Erasmus exchange in Germany once.

It is twisted PR at its height to claim Erasmus is rubbish (Mez) and that a run of the mill short language course (Knox) is equivalent.

Unfortunately for you there is only one truth no matter how much you try to dress up falsities in great colour.



Oh dear.

In 2007, every single student in the UK who a) was studying at one of the long-established universities (ie not the crappy polytechnics), b) was studying a degree course that had a European foreign language as at least part of the degree course, and c) who did not flunk their second year exams, was AUTOMATICALLY given an Erasmus place.

That equates to thousands and thousands of UK students every year. Of which Meredith Kercher was one.

But you wouldn't know about this aspect of academia, I suppose......
 
A last minute ticket to the USA from Europe will cost you close on GBP10,000.

I am hugely sceptical she could be acquitted by bent judge Hellmann (who was immediately retired afterwards as unfit to be a judge) and step on a plane to the US within 12-hours, when her parents claimed to be broke, having to remortgage their homes.

No, there was fore knowledge there, when legal opinion was that the pair was guilty as charged.



How very unpleasant.

And what a ludicrous, CT-led theory that Knox and her family somehow knew in advance that the Hellmann court would acquit and release her. Tin foil helmets at the ready, lads!

You might also want to take a rain check on what "legal opinion" actually was at the time (hint: probably time to stop the blind faith in Quennell and his purely-imaginary "team of Italian lawyers"...).

See, Vixen, the transportation for Knox and her family back to Seattle in 2011 was at least in part financed by BA, who (I expect) partly felt a level of affinity (I believe there was some personal connection in Seattle) and partly saw an opportunity for good publicity (I doubt they were too worried about the tiny cadre of pro-guilt nutters......).

At least, however, you seem to be able to comprehend just how much money the Knox family would have had to have been paying just in transportation costs to and from Seattle over all those years and all those trials. Then add on the costs of accommodation and subsistence pver all those years and all those trials. Then add on the costs of hiring a premium-rate team of lawyers over all those years and all those trials. Then add on the cost of hiring experts to testify to the defence over all those trials. Then you might..... just...... start to realise what the "$2 million" outlay REALLY was for. Probably not though. Just sayin'
 
How very unpleasant.

And what a ludicrous, CT-led theory that Knox and her family somehow knew in advance that the Hellmann court would acquit and release her. Tin foil helmets at the ready, lads!

You might also want to take a rain check on what "legal opinion" actually was at the time (hint: probably time to stop the blind faith in Quennell and his purely-imaginary "team of Italian lawyers"...).

See, Vixen, the transportation for Knox and her family back to Seattle in 2011 was at least in part financed by BA, who (I expect) partly felt a level of affinity (I believe there was some personal connection in Seattle) and partly saw an opportunity for good publicity (I doubt they were too worried about the tiny cadre of pro-guilt nutters......).

At least, however, you seem to be able to comprehend just how much money the Knox family would have had to have been paying just in transportation costs to and from Seattle over all those years and all those trials. Then add on the costs of accommodation and subsistence pver all those years and all those trials. Then add on the costs of hiring a premium-rate team of lawyers over all those years and all those trials. Then add on the cost of hiring experts to testify to the defence over all those trials. Then you might..... just...... start to realise what the "$2 million" outlay REALLY was for. Probably not though. Just sayin'

I know the pound isn't what it use to be, but the 10,000 pound price is bs. I just checked on getting flights from Rome to Seattle for tomorrow. They are expensive. But you can book a flight for under 2000 US dollars. The most expensive tickets were close to 5000.

And what Vixen isn't taking into account was the family's relationship with British Airways and that they had planned the travel arrangements not at the last minute but well before that. They had made contingency plans for either scenario

They were frequent flyers. An employee of British Airways in Seattle has been a member of Friends of Amanda had been donating to the family discounted travel for the 4 years Amanda had been in prison.

So Vixen does it again. She makes up out of whole cloth a story to explain why Amanda didn't fly commercial despite having seen the unmistakable video of Amanda and her family passing through the British Airways gate in Rome clearly marked with "BA553 Departing 11:45 Boarding 11:15 and the video of the British Airways 747 touching down at SeaTac.

This isn't skepticism Vixen, it is willful ignorance.
 
Last edited:
I know the pound isn't what it use to be, but the 10,000 pound price is bs. I just checked on getting flights from Rome to Seattle for tomorrow. They are expensive. But you can book a flight for under 2000 US dollars. The most expensive tickets were close to 5000.

And what Vixen isn't taking into account was the family's relationship with British Airways and that they had planned the travel arrangements not at the last minute but well before that. They had made contingency plans for either scenario

They were frequent flyers. An employee of British Airways in Seattle has been a member of Friends of Amanda had been donating to the family discounted travel for the 4 years Amanda had been in prison.

So Vixen does it again. She makes up out of whole cloth a story to explain why Amanda didn't fly commercial despite having seen the unmistakable video of Amanda and her family passing through the British Airways gate in Rome clearly marked with "BA553 Departing 11:45 Boarding 11:15 and the video of the British Airways 747 touching down at SeaTac.

This isn't skepticism Vixen, it is willful ignorance.



Oi! This is hardly the time for any of that "My head of government is more competent than yours" grandstanding..... ;) :D :jaw-dropp
 
The second order was SEVEN YEARS later (1996), and once again, brought by Curt, not Edda. This is an order of back child support that goes to "DOB 12:20:1988". That would be her sister Deanna's birthday, not Amanda's. This may be where you got the false story that Curt denied Amanda was his daughter; he may have not been paying child support for Deanna.

I thought about this more and I suspect that (highlighted) was not the case.

The petitioner was Curt, not Edda. Why would Curt petition the court regarding child support only for Deanna? . No records were produced by Quennell (or anyone else) showing that EDDA had ever taken Curt to court for non-payment. Why is that? It's quite possible that Curt was paying the support but, for some reason, may have questioned whether he was Deanna's father. He may have petitioned the court to be reimbursed by Edda for the payments back to Deanna's birth...which indicates he HAD been making payments since her birth. This would explain why the subject is 'back child support" to DOB. The court found in Edda's favor and against Curt.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm trying to figure out a logical reason why
Curt would take Edda to court seven years after Deanna's birth. If Curt did question Deanna's paternity, this could explain the bitter divorce between Curt and Edda the year following her birth. This could also be the origins of the PGP claim that Curt denied he was Amanda's father. They just got the wrong daughter.

Once again, I'm not claiming this WAS the case, but it certainly explains what's on the court order.
 
Last edited:
I know the pound isn't what it use to be, but the 10,000 pound price is bs. I just checked on getting flights from Rome to Seattle for tomorrow. They are expensive. But you can book a flight for under 2000 US dollars. The most expensive tickets were close to 5000.

And what Vixen isn't taking into account was the family's relationship with British Airways and that they had planned the travel arrangements not at the last minute but well before that. They had made contingency plans for either scenario

They were frequent flyers. An employee of British Airways in Seattle has been a member of Friends of Amanda had been donating to the family discounted travel for the 4 years Amanda had been in prison.

So Vixen does it again. She makes up out of whole cloth a story to explain why Amanda didn't fly commercial despite having seen the unmistakable video of Amanda and her family passing through the British Airways gate in Rome clearly marked with "BA553 Departing 11:45 Boarding 11:15 and the video of the British Airways 747 touching down at SeaTac.

This isn't skepticism Vixen, it is willful ignorance.

No, it's not willful ignorance. It's worse than that. It's being in a state of denial.
Willful ignorance is
A decision in bad faith to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt.

Vixen has been informed with cited evidence that it was a regularly scheduled BA flight. That is an incontrovertible fact. We know she's fully aware of that evidence because she discussed it. Regardless, she refuses to accept those facts because she doesn't want to accept the truth that she is just plain wrong.
 
No, it's not willful ignorance. It's worse than that. It's being in a state of denial.
Willful ignorance is


Vixen has been informed with cited evidence that it was a regularly scheduled BA flight. That is an incontrovertible fact. We know she's fully aware of that evidence because she discussed it. Regardless, she refuses to accept those facts because she doesn't want to accept the truth that she is just plain wrong.

I stand corrected. So what is the correct term? "Assertive lunacy" perhaps? Maybe "Stubborn Stupidity"? I get the same kind of "determined denial" from the religious nuts who insist the Earth is 6000 years old and deny evolution.

Vixen ABSOLUTELY KNOWS that Amanda flew commercial from Rome to Seattle. I KNOW she KNOWS this. Is saying "I was wrong" really that hard?
 
Oi! This is hardly the time for any of that "My head of government is more competent than yours" grandstanding..... ;) :D :jaw-dropp

I think you guys picked Boris because you were jealous of all the fun we're having over here.


I don't think I've ever seen the words "competent" and "Trump" in the same sentence. Hell, the same paragraph.
 
I stand corrected. So what is the correct term? "Assertive lunacy" perhaps? Maybe "Stubborn Stupidity"? I get the same kind of "determined denial" from the religious nuts who insist the Earth is 6000 years old and deny evolution.

Vixen ABSOLUTELY KNOWS that Amanda flew commercial from Rome to Seattle. I KNOW she KNOWS this. Is saying "I was wrong" really that hard?

Apparently yes.
 
Anyone fancy a pop at Harry Rag? He's making his presence felt on YouTube at the moment. Same old drivel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqa304rCTiw
Or would you like me to invite him over for a polite discussion on the points he's raised?

Hoots

Nah. It's just the same-o, same-o crap that's been regurgitated by Rag for years. But I do get a kick out of so many commenters who reveal their ignorance of the case and stupidity so openly. I mean, really...the old 'you can see it in her eyes' schtick? You might as well hang a sign saying "I'm stupid" around your neck as to post that old chestnut. What next? She shares the same birthday as OJ? Yeah...and so do millions of others. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Here are some of my favorites:
men with ven , I agree, she knows who killed that girl,. She speaks very creepy.
(Yeah, so do we: Rudy Guede)

I would have thought she'd have mentioned being upset about her friend Meredith's death at the time, show some grief. Say the killer is still out there or something. I don't know, even after watching this I don't know what to think of her.
(This idiot doesn’t even know about Guede apparently.)

She got off because Donald Trump was ready to lash Hillary Clinton if Hillary extradited her, and because the boyfriend's father was a wealthy surgeon with mafia connections.
(Words fail me….)
anyone with half a functional brain can see she did it there is something seriously wrong with her just look at her dead eyes it’s only Americans think she’s innocent
(I agree; one would have to have only half a functional brain to think she did. Dead eyes! LOL! I do believe we have some non-Americans here who think she's innocent, don't we?)
 
Last edited:
This is interesting:
She's [Amanda] talked about going in to helping people who have been wrongfully incarcerated.

Edda Mellas, June, 2009, The Guardian

Even during her first trial, sitting in prison, she was thinking about this. So much for the claims that she's just seeking attention and money.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom